PDA

View Full Version : How many rounds have you played?

Caribbeachbum
01-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm stalled, stuck forever G1 probably, and I really don't know why. I've played about 1400 rounds at this friggin' game, and just can't get any better. Am I not practicing enough? Been playing offline, practicing, obsessing, wife thinks I'm crazy, losing weight, calluses on thumbs, talking to coworkers using phrases like "try to keep it on the property", banging head into floor, shouting at the TV, hair pulling, sore in the buttocks from sitting and staring at the TV, I AM A GOD OF ... two-putts. Clap.

So where do I stand? Am I stinking up da joint cuz of a talent deficit or a practice deficit?

How many rounds have you played?

-- cbb

Optimus_Prime
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Between online and offline, several hundred I think. The practice helps, but if you want to get better quickly it's really about the math. If you figure out from the wind, lie, trajectory, slopes, etc. where the ball should be hit, you'll be playing at a very high level in no time. (Tip on wind: start with 1m per square and add for higher trajectory shots, factoring in character spin, elevation, and lie.)

For putting help, check out the recent thread on it. I originally thought the per-square distance was a bit more and since that didn't work for me, I putted by feel. That helped me read the breaks, but now I know the power can be calculated very easily. Check Cartman and Mace's posts in the putting help thread. I put their tips to good use today and I'm finally getting my putting down (putt power was always the worst part of my game; now I can move onto judging lowball hitter trajectories better, lol). Good luck!

MasonR
01-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Um...a damn lot. Between my OOB and Minna accounts, I'm just shy of 1100 official rounds. That's not including GFs, gamerooms and the occasional offline game though. I'd have to check my profile next time I'm offline for both games and add them up (and then there's always games I didn't finish :-\ )

I'm a bad measuring stick though, I'm a freak for HSG.

It's not necessarily about how much you practice, but that your practice is worthwhile. If you're going out and playing highlands with an expert, although very much fun, it's not really practice. Start to develope routines for each hole and each circumstance, knowing where you can put it in the fairways and what parts of the green to avoid or shoot at.

I would say do you best to understand more about the game physics, how points are scored, how all the specials work and how the ball reacts under every condition. Pay attention to EVERYTHING, the ball lie, slope angle, wind, what club you have, your players stats, everything.

And always, working on your perfect impact timing is good. Force yourself to hit 5 in a row, then 10 the next time, then see how far you can get (this really helps, I promise lol).

cartman1337
01-07-2009, 01:06 AM
I have about 1200-1300 rounds online and offline, I think, between first and second account. What I would suggest to you is to ask some of the high level G0's if they'd be so kind as to give you a stroke game room game against them. I found that was the best way to improve my game myself...

gorgeousdre
01-07-2009, 03:34 AM
1400 rounds?....still not G0?
I honestly don't know what to tell ya

Roughdawg4
01-07-2009, 04:41 AM
700 rounds I think

The-Dreamcaster
01-07-2009, 05:04 AM
maybe just under 500 rounds. baring in mind i've only just passed the 100 point on official tournaments.
Probably nothing to do with practice just a few finer points needed adding to your game. try and change the way you play some things and experiment with shots. if you've played that many rounds and got to g0 you need to change the way you play at least in some aspects.

yunatidus4ever
01-07-2009, 08:22 AM
I have about 1200-1300 rounds online and offline, I think, between first and second account. What I would suggest to you is to ask some of the high level G0's if they'd be so kind as to give you a stroke game room game against them. I found that was the best way to improve my game myself...

Cartman is so right. If you play a round with some of the top players, most of whom are more than happy to go a round if challenged, unless of course there is a rare G0 tourney that does not include Alex in the rain you will have to take a raincheck. In the last month I learned so much from Clint, Mason, and even just playing in doubles tourney, and being able to play with these guys on this board. You have come to the right place my friend! ;)

J-Mod
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I checked my status last night, and it said I've played about 850 rounds of HSG:OOB. I rarely quit a round, so that's pretty accurate. I've been G0 for months now, but I've only played in 18 G0 tourneys with 2 wins. You can find me mostly in the game rooms.

There's no secret to playing better. It's all about confidence (especially while putting) and knowing the courses backward and forward. You need to know if your ball will carry the water or get around that rock. You need to know how the green slopes and where the ball will likely roll. You need to consistently hit perfect impact >40% of the time on the tougher courses. Top spinning your green-side chips and not over-adjusting for the left or right slope of your lie is key. It's a lot of little things.

I highly recommend spending some time on the practice range working on rabbit / turtle shots with your driver. They do add a lot of distance that can really come in handy.

And, yes, MasonR is a Hot Shots freak. Sadly, there's not much he can teach us mere mortals. But if you want a match play or stroke play game, look me up anytime.

J-Mod

p1um5mu991er
01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
can you really say for certain how many rounds you've had?

i got two accounts and who knows how many times i went 17 holes and quit out.

if i counted all of the partial rounds i'm sure we're talking about 3000+.

Optimus_Prime
01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
If you go offline and look at your profile, it will show how many overall rounds you've played. I believe it includes both online and offline, "official" (not big-cup or all-out battle) or not. There is another round count which is smaller than the other and I believe includes only the "official" games (the ones that count toward your course, shot, and putt records) you've played.

I definitely could be wrong. Anyone know for sure what those numbers represent? And are they adjusted for 18 holes?

bcus28
01-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I have about 800, about 120 which are from online. I used to have about 300 more, but I accidentally copied old saved data to my current data :(

I lost full loyalty with Kratos in the process which is really my only beef with screwing up.

zog66
01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
well i had almost 200, before my ps3 died. when i reuploaded my profile it now has be at about 175. basically over half my G0 games (and 2 wins!) got wiped for some reason.

reeja19
01-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I looked last night and was suprised that I only have 1200 ;)

cars123456789
01-09-2009, 09:54 AM
played over 2000 with cars and about 1500 when cars got deleted and over 1800 with trine and 560 with minna

ElectroFox
01-09-2009, 12:07 PM
wow, some play alot. I played 1100 so far.

I think this topic should include another phrase asking "is HSG:OB & Minna the only game you play?"

MasonR
01-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Warhawk!

p1um5mu991er
01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
answer, fox, yes

was just telling westwood and gunner that i have a shiny new resistance 2 game that's sitting behind the tv with all the other ps corpses

ElectroFox
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
answer, fox, yes

was just telling westwood and gunner that i have a shiny new resistance 2 game that's sitting behind the tv with all the other ps corpses

Oh u haven't resistance 2 yet!? So its sitting behind the tv along with the low budget movies collection. Anyway if u plan to play resistance u can add me and we'll play sometime (if u not trying reach 5000 rounds record)

MasonR
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Warhawk!!!!!

p1um5mu991er
01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
stop ur warhawk u warhawk

i'll keep it in mind electro but i have a feeling i'll be around on hsg until i get this busted wing of mine fixed

just try to convince me that i can't play with my left arm inna sling

rowdybusch
01-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I have played 434 rounds of OOB as of this moment.

ElectroFox
01-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Warhawk!!!!!

Wish I had warhawk, so I can revenge all those times u beat me in golf. So Mason you checked # of rounds in offline data menu?

MasonR
01-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Nope, keep forgetting.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 1000/500 OOB/Min, I'll check later today when I play.

Marrow_Farmer
01-13-2009, 05:07 AM
I looked the other night and when offline there were 2 stats, I'm guessing one is for all rounds and the lower is for official rounds only (not big cup, handicap etc). I was on 962 total with 880ish official. I was suprised it was so low as I seem to have spent every day of the year and a half of my life playing the dam game ;D

That said I've just remebered I got a second profile to G1 just in case there were no G0 comps so I'm probably over a thousand!

MasonR
01-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Ha, my numbers are huge. 1337 for OOB as of this morning (not a joke lol), 452 for Minna.

Roughdawg4
01-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Nice you are really getting up there

Ragefire18
01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
623 rounds on 1 page

595 rounds overall on the other page

OthersGirl
05-24-2009, 01:11 PM
If you have NOT signed in,
~ If You are NOT a Member ~
YOU ARE NOT SEEING THE ENTIRE WEBSITE!

You're Missing a LOT!

T O D A Y
(it only takes a minute! ~ and then YOU can reply to these topics!)

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php?action=register

clint_westwood
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
If you have NOT signed in,
~ If You are NOT a Member ~
YOU ARE NOT SEEING THE ENTIRE WEBSITE!

You're Missing a LOT!

T O D A Y
(it only takes a minute! ~ and then YOU can reply to these topics!)

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php?action=register

how much to join ?

OthersGirl
05-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Absolutely free.

However you must sign over your soul and agree to live your life on the forum, endlessly posting to every thread, no matter the subject. :P

clint_westwood
05-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Absolutely free.

However you must sign over your soul and agree to live your life on the forum, endlessly posting to every thread, no matter the subject. :P

fk that

Scotty9678
05-25-2009, 04:44 AM
A lot.

HSG:

1326 on the 1st status page
1108 on the page with best scores

868 online

Minna: (removing the games from Maces save)

751 on the 1st status page
411 on the page with best scores

404 online

I assume the 300+ game gap on Minna comes from the match play trick I did repeatedly to raise loyalty for pretty much all the characters.

Like I said. A LOT!!!