PDA

View Full Version : no answer on locked rooms

kumanzc
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Twice I have had situations where I was trying to get into a locked gameroom and received no answer. I was expected in these rooms so its not like I am back in high school again and just not wanted. I know this because the one time I tried to make the room after and the other player knocked but I did not get the message he knocked. Anyone else experience this?

p1um5mu991er
01-07-2009, 01:12 PM
some peeps have told me that they didn't mean to reject me the first time. maybe it's some kinda glitch, dunno

as for other ppl, i just keep knocking until they let me in or start

i can understand if someone doesn't want to let g0s in, that's cool

cartman1337
01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
some peeps have told me that they didn't mean to reject me the first time. maybe it's some kinda glitch, dunno

That's no glitch, I've done that a few times. What happens is I set up the room, start selecting a character, and then start three-clicking my way into the room (one for character, one for costume and one for swing type) in rapid succession. What has happened a couple of times with that is click-click-ding dong-click, and as you know the default selection for the ring is No, so that I accidentally hit No on the one I'm waiting for, due to my too rapid character selection clicking... I've become more conscious about the issue lately.

As for people knocking and the owner not seeing it, I haven't noticed before. Sounds like a rare glitch to me...

Optimus_Prime
01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
If you're clicking X really fast, say setting up your clubs and whatnot, you may have rejected someone since it defaults to "No." I wish there was a way to type a small message of why you're rejecting someone ("sry league gm").

yunatidus4ever
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I know what you mean, I have done two things to prevent this:

1.) I wait until all expected pals knock before selecting my golfer/clubs/swing type

2.) I send messages to any friends I did not let in due to agreements to play with other pals or message them after. That would be a nice option, say, "sorry tournament in progress" or whatever..... BUT you can rename the room, like "doubles tourney's room" which is what I do in those situations.... then it does not have my name on it anyway.....

Weird that it did not show up for you, did you accidently jump floors when looking (pressing R1-L1.... I think?) If not, try searching that way, I once found a room in different lobby even though we started room from same lobby.

kumanzc
01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
It wasn't a rejection notice, it was no answer. I know they should have answered as the first one was a match play game for the match play tournament prearranged with Scorpion. He set up the room and didn't answer so I set one up and apparently he knocked but I got no notification to answer. We eventually set up an unlocked room and had no trouble. The 2nd one was the league game last night and I could understand if Shaq didn't answer for cars or roughdawg but I am no threat in the standings :P

Shaq33Cavs33
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
The 2nd one was the league game last night and I could understand if Shaq didn't answer for cars or roughdawg but I am no threat in the standings :P

I am sorry if u were knocking last night in gm1 kuman, I may have started the room. I waited
till 10mins after 10pm and started. I am sorry if you were trying to get it and rejected you. :(

kumanzc
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
you didn't reject me, as mentioned no answer and I am sure you didn't get a notification when I knocked as same happened with Scorpion and myself. I guess I am cursed. :(

The-Dreamcaster
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
i had this with an OG room once, but her Ps3 froze.
not heard of this before.