PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Crown Links

agenthicksrob
01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow, Crowns is the hardest course on the game imo. I think my personal best on crowns is like -3 on regular tee. Does anyone have any tips for Crowns or things they do on that course? I'm always hitting sand on that course!

Roughdawg4
01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a walkthrough with a hole by hole breakdown.

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,75.0.html

Besides that, I am sure the other top players will have some additional comments :)

One of the biggest things for Crown is Control and Spin. Spin is very important to stick your shot to the greens.

USFman10
01-07-2009, 07:50 PM
As well as some fairways on that course.... Yikes!

clint_westwood
01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
read dawgs walkthrough that will help and really just practice , practice practice........i have played over 100 rounds there now and i can break -8 on a regular basis

as always go for STS on hole no 4

interyernan
01-08-2009, 05:55 AM
I played with KX in a ladder match the other night at Crown LT. As most of you know i'm one of the quicker players on the server but i decided to sit back and watch where he played to on the fairways and what approaches he used into the greens. It was pretty special watching him! For the front nine he putt the ball within two metres on every single hole. The key for him was definately pi and spin control. Knowing when to use super backspin and normal backspin in relation to the gradients of the green when landing. Clint is right, it's all down to practice, practice and more practice. You only get better by learning from your mistakes. As it was in the ladder match i played a good round by my standards equalling my pb of -14 and even holing out a nice homer eagle but was beaten by a -19. What else can you do? ;D

clint_westwood
01-08-2009, 06:03 AM
crikey inter, yeah KX is special......i played a bounce game with him and tried to match him shot for shot.....

who was i kidding!!!

interyernan
01-08-2009, 06:11 AM
This might be just me and it might just be a stupid "tip" of sorts but try playing the courses (not just crown) on hole shuffle. Sometimes when playing the course the right way round my focus drifts to say an awkward par 3 coming up next hole and i muck up an easier approach on the hole i'm playing. With hole shuffle you never know what hole is coming up next so you just take it as it comes and get on with it. I've broken more pb's that way - but then i'm a bit weird so it might just be me.

K-X
01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
I played with KX in a ladder match the other night at Crown LT. As most of you know i'm one of the quicker players on the server but i decided to sit back and watch where he played to on the fairways and what approaches he used into the greens. It was pretty special watching him! For the front nine he putt the ball within two metres on every single hole. The key for him was definately pi and spin control. Knowing when to use super backspin and normal backspin in relation to the gradients of the green when landing. Clint is right, it's all down to practice, practice and more practice. You only get better by learning from your mistakes. As it was in the ladder match i played a good round by my standards equalling my pb of -14 and even holing out a nice homer eagle but was beaten by a -19. What else can you do? ;D

When you said that during the round I got a bit nervous knowing someone was looking where I was hitting it. In new real you really have no distractions other than seeing people on screen doing their own thing. Nervous not so much that someone was watching, but waiting for me to hit the ball, I was going kind of slow in the first place to try and get a record score so that added to the tension. Also, seeing your drive land in the corner of the screen just behind me a few times didn't help. I did think you were watching or playing really slow beforehand after a few holes because I was thinking how someone could take so long to hit a simple tee shot even though I hadn't yet. :)

As far as tips, all I can say is timing (perfect impact and power) and spin (high arc characters) are keys to success on the course. And lots of experience with it.

The-Dreamcaster
01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
i have to agree. i still remember the time where my crown PBs where positive, and it realy does come with practice, knowing what to aim for and look for. I agree, Spin and control very important.
I have also found right hand bends in the shots of a character tend to favour many holes on normal tee.
Think my Crown PB's on normal tee are good for now.
18H -15
9(out) -9
9(in) -7

MasonR
01-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Spin, spin and more spin for your setup. I still can't imagine how people play Crown with Feliple BigMag, that's like trying to bowl with latex gloves covered in petroleum jelly. Aside from that it comes down to experience and being able to putt. You can't have 2/3 and get the job done, just isn't going to happen considering how much some of us have played Crown.

Novice - Suzuki Inf/Inf (Big Air Club for back tee)
Intermediate - Alex Inf/Inf, Fernando if it's raining
Expert - anyone other than LJ.

As for hole strategies, it would take longer for me to write it all out than to show you, so if we're ever both online at the same time just hit me up and we'll play a game.

*posts Crown pbs* :P

nathyboy11
01-08-2009, 02:45 PM
the main factor 4 crown u need is spin and then control and power.
my pb's were very lucky! :P

18h -18
9h(out) -11
9h(in) -10

im very happy with them! :)