PDA

View Full Version : Staying at G0

Marrow_Farmer
01-20-2009, 05:01 AM
How many points are needed to stay at G0. For some reason I've got 3 in my head but I'm sure someone told me that 1 pod would do it?

clint_westwood
01-20-2009, 05:03 AM
wrong and wrong

you need 4 pts in 40 games

Marrow_Farmer
01-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Ok, I figured I had the points wrong but I always worked out in blocks of 30! How wrong have I been all this time ;D Oh well at least I'm safe until game 200 now.

clint_westwood
01-20-2009, 05:08 AM
yeah its 30 games and 3 points in G1, so 40 games and 4 pts in G0

and G2 was 20 games and 2 pts

The-Dreamcaster
01-20-2009, 05:08 AM
4 points in 40
2 pods
1 2nd and pod
or just a win.

I think i managed 4 wins, 2 2nd and 4 pods in first 40 XD
i'm very lucky.

clint_westwood
01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
pah ok dreamcasters doing the permutations

2 pods, 1 pod and second, a win, a pod then a win, second and a win, second and a pod, two seconds.

is that all perms covered? ;D

Marrow_Farmer
01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
It's all so clear now ;D Thanks Clint/Dream.

I have played nearly 160 games at G0 and have a 1 in 5 success rate for pod or higher but I'm always convinced I'm going to struggle to stay at G0. I guess that what a few bad tourny's does to your mind :-[

The-Dreamcaster
01-20-2009, 05:19 AM
thats them all Clint lol

everybody has bad runs.
A great example of this is Royaltool, who managed to get level 17, then after 400 tourns got demoted back to G1.
i think my overall pod/2nd/win rate is 1 in every 3.4 tourns
65 tourns
6 wins
3 2nds
10 pods

a tip i find is playing when weak tourns are about, around 4pm gmt or just after.
Tourns then are often 10/11 people, which can make life a lot easier.

yunatidus4ever
01-20-2009, 08:05 AM
I am safe, for now anyway, but really would not mind a demotion if it happens, I personally would love it if we got Minna's demotion / promotion system.... I think it would separate the "SUPER G0" class from the rest of us who need to practice playing in the rain.... (like me for example!!!)

I am always doing well in tours without rain....until the blasted phone rings!!!

but still hard to get a pod in one out of every 7 games that is not raining.....

KRONZZZ
01-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Easy stay out of tournys that Mace, Cars, Dre , Bgunn or any other level 18- 20 is in LOL.. nah just practice alot and keep the confidence level high and you should be ok

cartman1337
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, practice, self confidence and consistency are key to staying in G0. I just barely managed to hang on to the level in my first block of games, and demoted after the second. A good run in G1 gave me back some confidence, and in this new block of games I've already gathered enough pods to stay in G0 both with the current rules and with the new Japanese rules, had they been in place... 4 pods in 15 games, 3 of them with novice (2 in rain) - where I previously was COMPLETELY out conquered - feels so much better than my previous run. :)

the_smug_one
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
a tip i find is playing when weak tourns are about, around 4pm gmt or just after.
Tourns then are often 10/11 people, which can make life a lot easier.

Yeah but is it even fun playing this way? It probably works against me that many of my buds on HSG are top players of the game, since I always jump in and play tournaments where they tend to dominate. Still, I have fun even if a decent round means second place - if I didn't, then I'd probably have taken issue with Mace long ago. Probably just the masochist in me, but I love playing with that guy.

MasonR
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
It's mutual smug, it was no joke when I said you were my favorite person to play with. ;D

rinoshark
01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
i had no idea u could be demoted after ur first 40 games! maybe that will motivate me more. there is something about motivation when it comes to this game. im struggling w it lately

MasonR
01-20-2009, 11:29 PM
O_O

clint_westwood
01-21-2009, 04:26 AM
yay mace is good to play with

and rino motivation has a lot to do with it......i was leading a tourney last week after 12 holes and i didnt have that motivation, no sweaty palms, no focus to keep going , i eventually slipped into the pod wilderness!!!

Roughdawg4
01-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Mason is awesome to play with. I remember in one of the league weeks I think I shot a -22 at Euro and he shot the same. The next closest person was -15 or -14, so it was nice playing with him because he pushes me to try and be perfect.

yasdad
01-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Mason is awesome to play with. I remember in one of the league weeks I think I shot a -22 at Euro and he shot the same. The next closest person was -15 or -14, so it was nice playing with him because he pushes me to try and be perfect.

You saying that, reminds me of a GF a couple of days ago: Might have been Okinawa and I was actually leading after 12 or 13 holes :o Then Mason and Airscoots left and I finsihed the remaining holes with just 1 more birdie - finished 2nd ;D

The-Dreamcaster
01-21-2009, 06:11 AM
i don't mind playing with Mason. i admit it can be quite depressing when i'm trawlling around mid-table generally having a rubbish round and seeing Mason hit em in again and again. i may have mentioned hes like a train, doesn't stop until the end of the line.

yunatidus4ever
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I love playing with the "super g0's", and I like it even better if I beat them, or even tie them! Does not happen often, but MOTIVATION for me is extremely important. If I dont have a focus, goal or think the people I am playing with are pushovers, then I play like crap! So playing with the big boys/girls keeps me on the edge of my seat and checking all possiblities.

I think I need to play some rainy tours offline so I can find some motivation there.

I also just got demoted to G3 in Minna, :o thinking before each tourney "wow this is so easy I am gonna win the tourney no problem! Highland big cup with gloria? That is mine!" and thus, one spot from the podium in every tourney I am in I realize that I need more motivation to even beat G2's in Japan! Big wake up call yesterday when I recieved my first ever demotion. :'(

To me motivation and confidence is where the good separates from the bad golfers.

p1um5mu991er
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
great point yuna

that's what kept me going when i entered g0 and totally SUCKED

definitely a boost when you steal a pod from one of those dirty lvl 20s

The-Dreamcaster
01-21-2009, 12:57 PM
great point yuna

that's what kept me going when i entered g0 and totally SUCKED

definitely a boost when you steal a pod from one of those dirty lvl 20s

I may have to start playing like this again. i lost motivation of late.
I need to really get up for one of these tourns and have a crak at it.
After all, Golf is largely a solo game, nothing you do has an affect on another player directly, its just an individuals golf game against anothers. Behind every name is a player sitting on the couch with a ps3 pad, pressing those buttons.

the_smug_one
01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Mace never touches the couch while playing, he just levitates. He also uses a power glove as opposed to the traditional PS3 pad. Pretty sure he's actually the antagonist character from The Wizard - you know, the one that loves the power glove.

Roughdawg4
01-21-2009, 01:12 PM
OMG the power glove, I remember something like that for Nintendo. Some game you had to catch a ball and throw it against walls to break tiles.