PDA

View Full Version : Points

kumanzc
01-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I knew someone was just going to have to say something about points. ::) I despise points, as I am always on the bottom of list of people with the same scores as me. >:(

cartman1337
01-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I knew someone was just going to have to say something about points. ::) I despise points, as I am always on the bottom of list of people with the same scores as me. >:(

Lol. Not if I'm around. ;)

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
yeah points suck, but we would need a way with all the scores that are the same.

kumanzc
01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
or just call a tie a tie. ;)

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 10:18 AM
People win by points in tournies so thats how a leaderboard should be :)

ClayBoy31991
01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
What about a tie breaker? Like play extra holes if there's a tie, and whoever gets the better score on a hole wins. That would be a fair way to settle it as well. Thats just my opinion.

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 10:57 AM
That is not a fair way of doing it. Look the simple fact is more times than not, the person that shot better will get more points.

Now granted a homing ball doesn't factor in, but still, points are a fair way of breaking a tie. Thats how the regular leaderboard and winners are declared. I don't see why it is a problem now ?

ClayBoy31991
01-25-2009, 11:23 AM
WRONG! To be honest, I dont like losing due to points. A tourney should be settled by a sudden death round.Thats the right way to go.

yunatidus4ever
01-25-2009, 11:29 AM
That just makes no sense, so everytime someone gets a matching score (say -23 for example) then they have to battle for first place, 2nd place, 3rd, so on because more than likely spots 1-3 will all be the same score. How in the heck is hothitter supposed to keep track of that? And what if like say highland has 5 spots with -26 for places 3-8. Then you have to match all 5 players? That is nonsense.

Points is the only rational way to do it.

ClayBoy31991
01-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry, Im just upset bcuz some HSG4 online tourneys were determined that way, and I always came up short with points. Its not fair.

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 11:42 AM
No offense man, but if you are always losing in points, that means you need to practice more.

More times than not, whoever has higher points IS a better player. So that means you need to practice your accuracy.

ClayBoy31991
01-25-2009, 11:46 AM
But I do my best almost everytime, and Im very good. Just ask ppl who played in HSG4 tourneys.

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
But you just said you lose to points everytime. Look as many tournies I have won by points, I have lost as well. I am sure people on here will tell you of the heartbreak stories of losing by just a few points. I have lost a few by less than 10 points.

You know what the best thing about golf is, the only person you can blame is that person staring at you in the mirror :) If I lost by less than 10 points, that means I should have hit an approach shot a few feet closer.

ClayBoy31991
01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Or maybe its bcuz Jak was always too high to finish up strong on the last hole. Dang u Jak!

kumanzc
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Hate the fact it looks like I started this thread, I didn't. Fully agree with Roughdawg the person playing better will get the most points except on occasion at Highlands where you can get 270 points on the first hole and be behind about 20 people in a 50 person tournament because they intentionally missed the green to chip in. Except on highland I don't think this is a good strategy but can work there. That being said someone can always argue they are having a better round as they were able to intentionally miss the green and sink the chip.

Roughdawg4
01-25-2009, 06:09 PM
You didn't start the topic, sorry you started the first post that strayed off topic so I had to split it.

The topic was submitting pictures not about points :)

Anyway you are right that sometimes people can get more points by chipping then say hitting it 6ft within the cup. But more times than not, I will take my percision over chipping. When you chip, you are taking the chance you can miss, your riser can fail, etc.

MasonR
01-25-2009, 06:14 PM
If you see someone intentionally chipping for a bird on highlands #1...smack them for me. That hole is a great eagle opportunity for any character. There's a time and a place for chipping for points, and it's called the back 9. Only exception would be a very easy flagball opportunity.