PDA

View Full Version : Points and tracking information for tournies

bsennett
02-01-2009, 05:54 AM
First of all thanks to all the people that take time participate and share information to better the game. I recently discovered the online resources available and my game shows significant improvement. I have a hard copy of Roughdawg's walk through on my coffee table, stained, marked up with notes, and worn out pages from constant reference.

I have looked all over and can't seem to get to the bottom of this. Is there a way to find out points and # of games in current ranking? There is tons of info for # of games, scores, loyalty, even trad vs adv. but I can't seem to get a grip. I was in G2 summer but didn't play for a while and lost track. When I started playing again and couldn't buy a win. So I dropped to G3 but made it back to G2. Since then I play and play and play but can't put together a long enough string of good wins for enough points. Every time I don't get a pod I think I am going back down. It never happens. I get a message about rankings being calculated and that I keep my current level or something but don't fully understand. I have been keeping track of games & scores lately but without a starting point or current position it is difficult. I would also welcome and advice or tools that people use to track their progress.

Thanks in advance and see you on the course.

cartman1337
02-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Points in G2 are counted based on blocks of 20 games. When you get a message that you've managed to keep your current level, it means you've just played a full block of 20. What you should do then is to look at your stats in the lobby (L3 to get the arrow to click on your lobby avatar) and look at how many G2 games you have played at that point. Then you should keep track of how many times you pod and in how many games from that point manually (or in a spreadsheet on your computer or something).

If you get any pods at G2 at all you will not demote to G3 again. You only need one pod to stay at G2, but you will need 20 points (10 third places or 5 wins, or any combination that gives 20 total) to get to G1.

bsennett
02-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Maybe I was thinking it is more complicated than it is. I have looked at my stats in the lobby and know what you are talking about. Is it consecutive blocks of 20? So if I have 87 games I am 7 games into the 5th block and just need to know how many points in that block? If not I'll either move into G2 or wait for the message again and start tracking from there.

Thanks.

kumanzc
02-01-2009, 10:25 AM
yes it is blocks of 20 so your thinking is correct unless you have been demoted at some point then your blocks of 20 probably won't start at even 20's.
Note to cartman - feel free to nitpick if you like ;)

cartman1337
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
yes it is blocks of 20 so your thinking is correct unless you have been demoted at some point then your blocks of 20 probably won't start at even 20's.
Note to cartman - feel free to nitpick if you like ;)

Lol. :D I think I'll weave that right for now. ;D

fried_blowney
02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
It wouldn't be different because he never said he made G1.

Either way, please allow me to go one step further. You know about the g2 to g1 promo.

G3->G2 = get 8 points (doesn't matter how long you take, could be 2 games could be 200)
G2->G1 = 20 points in 20 games (if not, get 2 points to stay)
G1->G0 = 30 points in 30 games (if not, get 3 points to stay)
G0= all you need to do is get 4 points per 40 game block or you go back down to G1.

Wins = 4 points
2nd place = 3 points
Podium Level Finish (3rd and down) = 2 points

Airscoots
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Pretty sure the points system has changed or was that just minna?

MasonR
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Nope, just Minna. There was a few people who thought we got a points system change a while back, but they were just thrown off by the new message that pops up after your current block is finished.

Airscoots
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Ah, thanks mace.

MasonR
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
It's ok scoots, you have maintained the cur.

HoTHiTTeR
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
It wouldn't be different because he never said he made G1.

Either way, please allow me to go one step further. You know about the g2 to g1 promo.

G3->G2 = get 8 points (doesn't matter how long you take, could be 2 games could be 200)
G2->G1 = 20 points in 20 games (if not, get 2 points to stay)
G1->G0 = 30 points in 30 games (if not, get 3 points to stay)
G0= all you need to do is get 4 points per 40 game block or you go back down to G1.

Wins = 4 points
2nd place = 3 points
Podium Level Finish (3rd and down) = 2 points

I've got a buddy w/ 50 G2's played and he's 0-0-0. I'm not sure G2's ever get demoted.

cartman1337
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
He's probably in and out of G3 then. I've seen people demote from G2 before, so I'm POSITIVE they can. ;)

yunatidus4ever
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
He's probably in and out of G3 then. I've seen people demote from G2 before, so I'm POSITIVE they can. ;)

I am more than positive, I am living proof! I got 2 pods, hence 4 pts, but not enough to stay G2. So now I am a meager G3 again, and ahhhh, my name looks so cute in white! ;D

HoTHiTTeR
02-02-2009, 08:25 PM
lol, i'm gonna have to keep an eye out for you when you come streaking though G1