PDA

View Full Version : Is Oceania course worth downloading

Gally
02-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi, I know everyone will have different opinions about this, but is this course worth downloading. I only play OOB online, never off. Are there many tourneys using this course as I've never really looked at the ones I can't enter.

Cheers

cartman1337
02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes, there are several tours on the course. Once you get to G0 it's one of only 3 courses you'll ever see.... ;) It's not one of my favorite courses, but it's still worth having, IMHO.

Gally
02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Cheers Cartman

Roughdawg4
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
yeah its worth it. Its fun :)

Gally
02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I'll give it a go I think. May aswell get it downloaded and do some practice on the off chance I make it to G0. ;)

yunatidus4ever
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
You will also need it if you make it to G1. Most of my wins in G1 were at Oceania ;D

Probably the funnest course in the whole game

clint_westwood
02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
anytime i have played with yuna there she has been awesome

yunatidus4ever
02-02-2009, 09:40 AM

hmmmm.... I want to think Cartman is the HUMAN owner of that course tho....lol

cartman1337
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Say what? I think you must have me confused with somebody else. :D

Thanks for the confidence vote, though. :)

I shot +4 there yesterday...

*Goes away in shame* :-[

yunatidus4ever
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Say what? I think you must have me confused with somebody else. :D

Thanks for the confidence vote, though. :)

I shot +4 there yesterday...

*Goes away in shame* :-[

That wasn't you? I remember playing oceania many, many months ago, thought it was with you....

Hmmmm.... maybe it was cars. Cartman.... Cars.... maybe I got you two mixed up at the time. After all, you, cars, jeng, fux, silent, jacob, shellie, teresa and sled (i think that is all?) were my only G0 friends back then....

Well Cars doesn't count cuz he's not human lol!

cartman1337
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Cars is truly a master of Oceania. It was probably him. :) He showed me a couple of nice alternative routes on a few holes too, and if I'm on I can do pretty well. Just haven't played it too much, and with rain to top it off I'm REALLY on thin ice - like yesterday. :D Guess I should play it a little more, it's by far the course I've played the least, so that probably has something to do with it. ;)

I remember doing a round or two at Peaks with you though. :)

cramramdon
02-02-2009, 10:40 AM
yeah, if you care a bout the tour (I wouldn't be surprised if you diddn't though), then you are pretty much forced to purchase not only the new courses but the new characters (Alex, Toro, Gloria, Kratos). Notice the abundance of Toro and Kratos Tour tournaments lately ;)

If you just like to have fun, play in the game rooms, they are all unecessary, although I would add Oceania is a fun course (scam or no scam) and Kratos is really useful if you are a Trad.

KRONZZZ
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I would say a big fat yes if you plan on becoming and participating in g0 tourneys especially. And besides that its a fun course to shoot the ball around on, about peaks level difficulty

Mason_H
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
yes

The-Dreamcaster
02-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Oceania is a good dl, but be prepared to navigate round cliffs and some nasty slopes on greens.

OthersGirl
02-19-2009, 05:21 AM
ALL downloadable courses are worth it to me. Even when they piss ya off, they offer up some variety and new challenges.

worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it

Do i make myself clear? LMAO

Marrow_Farmer
02-19-2009, 06:11 AM
ALL downloadable courses are worth it to me. Even when they piss ya off, they offer up some variety and new challenges.

worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it worth it

Do i make myself clear? LMAO

So it's worth it then! :D

OthersGirl
02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
For the record, I actually TYPED all of those worth its. Did not use the copy and paste ability. Just to show you how worth it, it actually is... LMFAO :)

sennasnit
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Played a 9 hole G1 tourny on it last night, before the game started I was moaning about how i hated it and was crap on it, to cut a long story short, I ended up winning it with -8, it was just one of those rounds where all your approach shots end up in the pin target circle, now I quite like the course! If you play well you'll love it if you don't you'll probably hate it, just make sure you do a bit of offline practice on it first! ;D

ghost33
02-19-2009, 07:38 AM
ocenia is a fun course and why wouldnt it be worth it theres only so many courses to begin with

OthersGirl
02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Hence my comment about how ANY downloadable course is worth it, since it provides more variety :)

A G R E E D

ghost33
02-19-2009, 07:52 AM
glad to hear it other girls

yunatidus4ever
02-19-2009, 09:01 AM
oceania is the funnest course it the game in my opinion.

worth the money.

Gally
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Well, to answer my own post, yes it is. ;)

Good fun and I'm glad I got it, got Rexasurouscrapus too. Not as enjoyable as Oceania but definitely worth the money.

Glad I got them both

gorgeousdre
02-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Oceania is the most boring course in the entire game. It has absolutely no character to it. The greens have a very simple design (ie. slope in one direction... A LOT) The par 5s are a chore. They are not even fun like all the other par 5s in the game.
Jurassic is much better imo. It has a larger variety from hole to hole and obstacles to avoid with several elevation changes. Oceania is just a flat mess of a course that offers the rare mountain to go around and I think Silver Peaks does a much better job at that.
Worst course in the game.
1. Crown
2. Jurassic
3. Safari
4. Silver Peaks
5. Euro
6. Highland
7. Okinawa
8. Oceania

Kbongg
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Dre, change around dino and crown, then change euro and highland. That is all. Very good ranking.

p1um5mu991er
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
ah, everyone has a different opinion, which is just fine

i like all of the different routes possible on each hole--some have up to 3, which i find intriguing

the course is more "doable" in the rain than crown and rex and also more "doable" long tee than crown and rex as well

ok, the par 3s suck really bad

i'm a bit biased i suppose because i've found a majority of my success at oceania

still don't understand how it's pronounced, i still say osh-ee-anna instead of ocean-ia

Kbongg
02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
i think it is 'o - she - ann-e-a' spacing shows tempo. I might be out in right field on this one.

MasonR
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
osh-ee-ann-ee-ya for me.

J-Mod
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I've only won 9 times at G0, but I would venture to guess that 7 of those wins came at Oceania. It's tough at first, but you eventually get the hang of it. The last par 5 is a real b1tch to eagle, but the other 3 are manageable. Making birdie on any of the four par 3s can be quite a chore though. I doubt that I've ever birdied all 4 of them in a single round.

Once you're scoring -15 consistently from both reg and long tee (maybe -12 with a novice character), you're ready to compete for podiums here. I'd say this course is slightly easier than Silver Peaks but not by much.

p1um5mu991er
02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
agree with evthing j-mod said and agree with mace and bongg, but dammit, that "i" just shouldn't be there

makes me mad, what's wrong with me

gorgeousdre
02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Don't worry plum. I hate that "i" just as much as you.
Probably because both of our names are Bill...(taking friend's gamefaqs account ftw)
I say it like this: O-shee-anne-ya with a "~" sound above the n.
The "i" would be redundant if it wasn't needed to make the ~ sound of "ni" in the English language. I'm pretty sure it is not intended to be pronounced. It's like when people say
cabinet as: cab-----i-------nit (The "nit" part is crucial too because people that pronounce the i will finish with an overly clear "knit" sound)
Just say bleeping cab-nit! We butchered England English over 100 years ago for a reason!

And about my ranking: I made that on the fly and took about 15 seconds to write. I too would change up a couple depending on my mood. But, overall, I feel like that is a pretty good idea of just how much osheeanya sucks, and how much the top three kick ass.

In time i think Dino will top Crown. Just needs some time to grow on me. As for Highland better than Euro? eh, about the same.

p1um5mu991er
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
ah hahaha well done dre--i love the "ni" sound as well
overanalyzing minutiae is oh so much fun

Mutard
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Are you saying "ni" to that old woman?

Jacob2601
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
oceania is an exelent course with many short cuts especially if u master the rabbit/turtle shots, lots of useful mountains thats exelent to bounce of if u got the guts to try. exelent course

interyernan
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I personally hate Oceania with a passion! The course, although mildly challenging, infuriates the cr@p out of me. I play consistently round there and my scores are good. I'd feel happy if i was challenged there in ladder, matchplay etc but.... I haven't had that round yet on either reg or long tee. You all know the round. The one where everything feels right thats scores well and you finish and know you really couldn't have played any better.
Plus the greens are too bright and the bunkers colours mean that at certain angles you can't see your impact point. Add that to the fact that birding all four par threes in a round is tough work and the par 5 18th takes the pi55 like crown 18th means i hate this course!

nitrofuel
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
:)

Well, to answer my own post, yes it is. ;)

Good fun and I'm glad I got it, got Rexasurouscrapus too. Not as enjoyable as Oceania but definitely worth the money.

Glad I got them both
i love the aussie course its my pick as( #! )a close 2nd is dino/rex

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I hate oceania because the light is so bright you cant see the numbers.

mazar
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
try it with an SD tv, when ball go in bunker i may as well just close my eyes...... probably b better :o

nitrofuel
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
ok sometimes you may run into a brightness issues ??? on some courses i just reset brightness and contrast for that round... :) ;D

try it with an SD tv, when ball go in bunker i may as well just close my eyes...... probably b better :o