PDA

View Full Version : HSG Out of Bounds points

Cerpher
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Can I check my current points? I would like to know how far away I am from G3-G2 or G2-G1.
I used the L3 but only shows my low scores, trophies, and wins.

What is the best tournaments to get ranked in the Score Interim Rankings?
After every tournament that has at least 10 players at start, does not seem to be Score Interim Rankings. After some matches I see zero while others show a ranking.

Thx
Cerpher

yunatidus4ever
02-04-2009, 11:59 AM
hello and welcome!

you must keep track of your own points....

it works like this

g3= 8 pts
g2= 20 pts in 20 games (in game blocks, 1-20, 21-40, 41-60 ect.) 2 pts needed for not demotion
g1= 30 pts in 30 games (in game blocks, 1-30, 31-60, 61-90 ect.) 3 pts needed for not demotion
g0= 4 points needed for not demotion

what ranking are you at now?

Cerpher
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the info.

I got two 3rd place finsh but the records only show 1. Guess I have 1 point on G3 level.

BGunner
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
There must be at least 10 people in the tournament in order for it to count twoards online ranking or online score leaderboards. And GF's don't do anything for online ranking but count toward the online scorong leaderboards.

Roughdawg4
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
A win is 4pts
2nd place is 3pts
Podium is 2pts.

Optimus_Prime
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Cerpher, be sure to ask about the score interim rankings here and the different tourneys you've played (with the screenshots). I'm sure folks here would know what's up. I'm thinking it's either the various event parameters (DQ, rough+2,etc.) or maybe your score just wasn't high enough.

(For those that are wondering what I'm talking about: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=hotshotsgolf&thread.id=6252)

Cerpher
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Okay I should have 4 points. I just looked at my profile and saw only 1 3rd place (2pts). I have displayed 2 images of third place finish. Why do I only have 1 in my profile. Noticed both have at least 10 players. The first image counted. The second image does not show up. I know about the updates. This is 2 day pass and should all be updated. I am just starting out on HSG and noob to all this. This is why I am posting my questions. Thank You.

http://animelaphotos.org/hsg/3rdplace1st.jpg

http://animelaphotos.org/hsg/3rdplace2nd.jpg

MasonR
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Both of those a GF tournaments, meaning Grade Free. They are not ranked tournaments and do not count towards your ranked tournament results. You need to play a G3, G2, G1 or G0 tournament for the tournament to count towards your 1st, 2nds and 3rd place finishes. GFs do not count as games played either, they're simply fun tournaments (and the only means of G0 players carding scores for the leaderboards on courses other than Peaks/Oceania/Crown).

Cerpher
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Both of those a GF tournaments, meaning Grade Free. They are not ranked tournaments and do not count towards your ranked tournament results. You need to play a G3, G2, G1 or G0 tournament for the tournament to count towards your 1st, 2nds and 3rd place finishes. GFs do not count as games played either, they're simply fun tournaments (and the only means of G0 players carding scores for the leaderboards on courses other than Peaks/Oceania/Crown).

Thanks again MasonR you are the HSG go to guy.
I just shown both are GF ranked. The first image gave me one 3rd in my profile but the second image did not give me the 3rd place in my profile. What gives? I maybe wrong. I am not good. Since I have been playing and current count of games played is 41 and 3rd place is 1. I save all my top ten leaderboard because I am not good. Just wondering about my 2 placed 3rd place wins. I will check it out more I may have been in a non ranked tournament.

the_smug_one
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Mace was explaining that GF tournaments are never ranked (GF = grade free, free of any grade, gradeless, etc.). None of your results from GF tournaments will ever show up in your profile. Your results in G3 ranked tournaments, however, will show in your profile.

MasonR
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I can see this question coming now.

Your personal best scores etc will be udpated after a GF game (unless of course Big Cup), but your online record (as in games played and 1sts, 2nds and 3rds) will not be updated unless you play a ranked game (G3-G0)

ROLLIE
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
GF, good fun