PDA

View Full Version : What is "Everybody's Golf World Tour"

Cerpher
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I do not know what the Golf World tour is. I have HSG Out of Bounds.

Can I join/have to join a group?
Is this an add on (MOD or addition)?

Roughdawg4
02-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Its the same game.

In the united states its called hot shots golf
In europe its called everybody's golf.

BGunner
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Same game, but metric, yuk

MasonR
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Only the putting is metric.

And actually, I'd sat metric putting is worlds better than our system on HSG, although as long as you're getting the distances right there's no real difference, except that the metric short putter is 32.8 ft and ours is 30 ft.

reeja19
02-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Metric putting FTMFW ;D

Cerpher
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Same game, but metric, yuk

LOL thanks for the info Everyone, USA

KRONZZZ
02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Dont listen to them hsg is the superior one lol:P

yunatidus4ever
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh, and Everybody's golf world tour is not to be confused by "Everybody's golf 5", which is actually called "Minna no golf" <-dunno why they want no golf..... but..... that is the Japan Version of the same game. The difference is that the Japan version is on a different server, and of course they get all the good stuff we dont have yet.

kumanzc
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh, and Everybody's golf world tour is not to be confused by "Everybody's golf 5", which is actually called "Minna no golf" <-dunno why they want no golf..... but..... that is the Japan Version of the same game. The difference is that the Japan version is on a different server, and of course they get all the good stuff we dont have yet.

I realize you are probably joking but in case you care the word 'no' dentoes ownership and Minna is basically everyone thus everyone's golf.

ex. I = watashi
car = karuma
so my car = watashi no karuma.

OthersGirl
02-05-2009, 03:43 AM

I realize you are probably joking but in case you care the word 'no' dentoes ownership and Minna is basically everyone thus everyone's golf.

ex. I = watashi
car = karuma

Aren't you just full o information!! ::) ;D :-*

The-Dreamcaster
02-05-2009, 06:36 AM
lol. the metric putting system is nice. makes life easy..
10cm downhill, 10m putter = 10% less.
1cm height difference works out at 10cm difference.

yunatidus4ever
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM

ex. I = watashi
car = karuma

Awesome, I was totally confused about that.... no I had no idea.... now I can teach that to my children today!

So for example to help them understand more, is "no" like apostrophe s ('s) in english? (can it be used in that form of grammer?) I understand my, mine, what about yours, theirs, ours, ect....? If you could post a few more grammer examples I would be greatful :)

BGunner
02-05-2009, 09:14 AM
lol. the metric putting system is nice. makes life easy..
10cm downhill, 10m putter = 10% less.
1cm height difference works out at 10cm difference.

Same as HSG system AKA the .1 rule - for every .1 in number @ top center while putting - red add a foot, blue subtract a foot.

RK1997
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
i like the world tour putting as its easier

MasonR
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I mean, as long as you can do simple math anything you can get your short putter on is easy enough to gauge for distance. But if we're being honest here, increments of 5 per box are quicker to do in your head than increments of 15. Yeah simple is simple but 1 is still less than 2.

I don't know anyone that's played with both systems for a period of time and hasn't ended up like metric better.

Still though, "America! **** yeah!" and all that noise. ;)

RK1997
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
lol m8

the_smug_one
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
But if we're being honest here, increments of 5 per box are quicker to do in your head than increments of 15.

Meh, I'm not so sure. I tend to think both are mindless in the same way I know the multiplication tables for 9x just as well as I do for 5x or 10x.

That being said, I do think those of us who play both OOB and Minna will never have either increment fully ingrained. I usually still have to stop at the first green for a split second to make sure I'm using the right "system", and I don't expect that to ever change since using two different measurement systems for essentially the same distance is frankly not intuitive.

If nothing else, the longer range of metric putts (e.g., 32.8 ft vs. 30 ft) is certainly an advantage.

MasonR
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Well a few boxes here and there is one thing. But say...33 cm or .97 ft. Only 6 and a half boxes each, but sometimes my mind strokes off if I'm not paying attention and I have to take an extra second for some division with the OOB measurements. I didn't even actually start counting boxes and looking for the perfect speed until I made the move to Minna either, so that's probably another reason why I favor it.

And the fact of the matter is for any given line and proper speed you've got a 3 cm/ .1 ft margin for error, given that the cup isn't as small as the golf ball. The alone is enough to write off any major concern over using one style instead of the other.

Definitely nice getting that long putt with the short putter more often as well.