PDA

View Full Version : server?

KRONZZZ
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting online right now?

The-Dreamcaster
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
nope, my dad is in the front room just about to play an 18:55 tourn.

KRONZZZ
02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
wierd i keep getting download file failed network issue error but im signed in still and can get online in other games .. damn looks like im about to miss the highlands tourney :'(

KRONZZZ
02-09-2009, 12:55 PM
now it works nevermind

Gally
02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Arrrrgggghhhh, I am getting so pist off with this now.
I have trying to connect for the past 6 hours to OOB. I was using wireless so I decided I'll go wired instead.

This meant drilling through walls, lifting carpet, more drilling carpet lifting etc, (you get the idea) an hour and a half later I've got it wired and it still won't connect.
I tried every other game and they all work perfectly online.

WHAT...THE...HELL...IS...GOING...ON

I'm gonna throw this feckin game out the window in a minute.

ANyone got any ideas what might be up.

PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE

Roughdawg4
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Can you get online on other games except for OOB

I admire you though going through all that work to wire it. I keep meaning to do the same thing in my house but I am just plain lazy. Althought a few network errors would get my butt in gear :)

Gally
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Tried all my other games and they all work fine. Motorstorm, TW, COD, some tennis rubbish and they all work no problems.

I've never had any trouble up until 2 weeks ago and since then I've crashed out of nearly ever tourney I managed to get on.

Yesterday I could get in the lobby and then it would quit. Now it won't even get past the connecting to server screen.

I fear it may be the end :-\

the_smug_one
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Since going wired I've been much more pleased with my connection. One very odd but recurring issue that I've noticed (for both OOB and Minna) is that after finishing a tournament there seems to be a ~25% chance I will be unable to connect to the leaderboard server (this occurs when it tries to log your score). I don't get a network error or anything, it just leaves me at the screen for a good 30-40 seconds before finally displaying an error message that the leaderboard server cannot be reached. Totally bizarre problem, but only really an issue if I'm trying to jump another tournament starting immediately after the previous one.

Scotty9678
02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
This might be a poor suggestion, it might backfire...(lose your rank)

But you COULD back up your save...keep it to the side. Then DELETE your entire HSG:OOB install data...completely deleting all the installed updates and the game itself.

Then re-install....and wait...a long time.

It's just an idea, but if it doesn't magically fix on its own it's worth a try.

kumanzc
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
You probably have already done this but just in case did you go into the netwrok connection under the XMB and reset it so it would pull the wired connection.

ChaoticCry
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Gally are you in the US? If so your prolly having the same problem I am having. Its kinda reminds me of what was going on during Thanksgiving, where all but those in the US can get online with OOB.

I just played GTA online for like 2 hrs and didnt get booted once. As for OOB/Minna, the longest Ive managed to stay on is like 2 minutes.

Edit- Just sat at the online menu for like 10 minutes and didnt get booted. Tried to enter the ladder lobby, and it wouldnt let me. Managed to enter the main lobby, and was on just long enough to see about 6-7 others from the US there, before it booted me.

Gally
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Gally are you in the US? If so your prolly having the same problem I am having. Its kinda reminds me of what was going on during Thanksgiving, where all but those in the US can get online with OOB.

I just played GTA online for like 2 hrs and didnt get booted once. As for OOB/Minna, the longest Ive managed to stay on is like 2 minutes.

Edit- Just sat at the online menu for like 10 minutes and didnt get booted. Tried to enter the ladder lobby, and it wouldnt let me. Managed to enter the main lobby, and was on just long enough to see about 6-7 others from the US there, before it booted me.

That sounds exactl like whats happening to me. But I don't kn what to try. Wires, Wireless doesn't seem to mkae any difference.
I've got a good broadband connection, good cables etc
Have to say, I think it will end going into the back of a drawer if I don't get connected soon cause I only ever play it online (or used to at least!!)

ChaoticCry
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Yea, Ive tried everything I can think of. Checked all cables, reset both modem and router, even checked settings both on the PS3 and for my router. For whatever reason, both golf games just wont allow me to play online.