PDA

View Full Version : Dino Course - Quick question

Kbongg
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
For the minna folks out there - Just wondering what (if any) changes they made to this course for the HSG/EGWT release.

I mean the course itself, not the stupid name they gave it.

clint_westwood
02-10-2009, 10:18 AM
i dont see any changes at all, even the sound glitches are there!!!! ......

Kbongg
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
hmm, ok. Thanks for the help.

What kind of scores are people seeing on the international side then? From what i have heard the scores seem to be very good indeed.

For perspective - The good Minna players seem to be about 2 or 3 strokes short of their Crown Links rounds at this time.

Kbongg
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Not looking for actual scores here or anything. Just wondering in relation to your crown scores.

For example - I am -3 or off by 3 -19 crown and -16 dino course.

and yes i know my scores are not stellar, they never have been i just used to sneak in wins when other people did not play well (YAY BOTTOM FEEDER!!!).

MasonR
02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
lmao kb. Yeah, you bottom-feeding hack. Good stuff. ::)

No course differences that I've seen at all, not a questionable tree or anything out of place. Could be very wrong but at least it all seems the same.

As for the scores, I've been impressed with how a lot of the first timers are playing. Nothing awesome yet though, haven't really been given the chance though. We've mostly been playing it in the rain, or like Toro standard, or Toro Rain, or gloria/kratos standard in rain...or Alex rain.

Got the top one on the board right now. -16 Alex (400 more points than my -20 round there). I think that was the only time we got both dry weather and the ability to pick clubs. Can't be too sure though. Next best score was Dre I think with like -15, want to say Kratos standard in the rain with negligible points . No 9h scores are better than -9 on the board yet, and there are only about 8 total that are better than -6. Scotty shot like a -6/-7 in his first 9h game there, like 3rd game ever. A lot of people seem to be handling the course well with the exception of that one X that plagued a lot of us in the first weeks (and even to this day).

As for comparison to Crown rounds, I don't remember too many people shooting better than -10 on Crown in the first week, much less better than -10 in the rain with crappy set ups. People say Jurassic is the toughest, only in the rain I say.

I haven't been comparing Crown/Jurassic PBs of other people though, so that's my two cents for what it's worth.

Kbongg
02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Right, ok, thanks.

But i did not want to compare the first rounds on crown to the current scores on dinotopia. The reason being how much better everybody is now as compared to when we were first playing crown (- me ofcourse, i have regressed to a primordial state [those were good times btw]).

The hang up on crown was reading the greens, not as much of an issue on dinoland USA. Greens can be very difficult on EuroDino (closed until further notice) but nothing tricky or hidden between the lines.

Thanks again, i appreciate the input. (again for comparisons sake - i was winning g1's when dino was first released with novice clubs no rain at maybe -12 to -14, so yall doing better than that.)

MasonR
02-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah that's definitely a good point.

I think it's still a mind fk for most people. The people that are taking their time thinking their way around the course are playing well in tournaments, and people who are just out bashing it around and hitting sbs on every shot right at the pin are blowing the cap off par.

(For the record that Toro +4 round I had in the rain was very real, I maintain that rain is too damn brutal there)

Kbongg
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Bah, rain doesn't matter there... Unless you hit into the rough... or a bunker... or water in a bunker... or have a huge downhill breaker putt... so most of the time it should not affect you. (its the rest of us who will have problems :-\)

MasonR
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Water traps are my favorite feature of the course.

I will eventually hit that water skip eag on the 18th.

That is all.

=/

The-Dreamcaster
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
i got annoyed the other day playing Dino, tried to hit the par 4 with the fallen tree in 1 go. Hit the green then rolled off the back into the water-hole.

On the front 9 i had a 16.7m failed backdoor that decided to stop on 7cm.. i had unlucky round , but still hit -10.