PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Please (rain & hookers/slicers)

USFman10
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone, there are two things I am having the most problems with right now: 1) Putting in the rain, and 2) Hookers/slicers. So here are my questions:

1) Do you suggest just adding the extra 5 or 10% in power when putting in the rain depending on the impact, and that's it? Just take the putt as you usually would and add the required power?

2) Is there anyway to know ahead of time whether a hooker or slicer will hit the ball straight then curve vs. curving right off the tee? I know that sounds a tad confusing but I hope someone knows what I mean. It makes quite the difference in accuracy.

Thanks!  ;D

Roughdawg4
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Usually when you putt in the rain it comes to 95% power so try and use that. Also remember since you have to use a little more power, the putt wont break as much.

I don't really understand question number 2, can you explain more?

USFman10
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay, so lets take fernando for example. He has a right slice. Sometimes the ball will go straight, and then slice. Rather than slicing right off the tee. For some reason when it goes straight and then slices, it is much less accurate. And I get this effect sometimes no matter if it is PI or not... :-\

Roughdawg4
02-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Okay I think I know what you are talking about, if the ball curves to the left and I think you aim the ball to go right, it usually will go straight since you are fighting their natural curve.

USFman10
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Ya, it's tough to figure exactly. I just tend to go with my best instincts now for some of these guys.

I've tried to do sidespin to correct the slices and hooks but it doesn't always work and often messes me up.

the_smug_one
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
With the exception of Bloom, characters with a natural draw / fade don't have much of a sidespin stat, so you shouldn't expect much in terms of results (particularly with pinhole or infinity ball, which are sidespin killers in their own right). And any real sidespin movement will only come when you're working with their natural shot, not against it (this holds especially true with Kratos).

MasonR
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
The starting line for your drive is changing because of the control stat, you'll really see it happen most often playing with Standard equipment. Not much you can do but take into account the dispersion you see with the flight path. In the worst case scenarios your control stat can cause the ball to start very wide (edges of the flight path) and then the shot shape will occur. Manage the control stat if possible, keep it C or above, if you're attempting a tight drive, you really want to hit perfect impact.

USFman10
02-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks Mason. Ya, I have been really anal lately about my control stat. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I always try to keep an A for control if possible. It helps out my approach tremendously. Only way I will go below that is if in a st/st tourny.

Scotty9678
02-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Do the math with putting.

Always take an extra second or two to see if the putt is 95% or 90% and adjust the power accordingly, and beware of uphill putts dying just short, nothing is more frustrating than that. That's when those improbable "0.2"s and "0.1"s seem to happen most.

HoTHiTTeR
02-11-2009, 01:44 AM
An age old question...how to deal w/ rain and hookers...

oh.

Golf. Right, right. Club up, grip it and rip it.

Cerpher
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Hookers and Slicers:
I know in real golf draw are better for distance and up hills and fade are better on down hill fairways. I noticed in playing all the HSG games. I have not noticed if you get more distance using a draw players in the actual play. You may notice they are setup to hit far then other players.

If you play a draw or fade player you have to watch tree and building at contact. The tee or fairway hits start left (draw) and right (fade) then go to where you set your aim at in the fairway. Hooking and Slicing is like a curve and starts early from the ball. Draw and Fade shoots go little off line then goes left or right. Playing a Slice player winds going right to left you ball may fly straight. Visa Versa with Draw player and winds going left to right. I noticed if I use the arrows on a Slicer I can make the ball draw a little or more depending on ball used. I figured you use the player you want and love they way they hit. Loyalty and learn will get you to play better with that player. Play with the arrows off the tee/fairway shoots.

GL in all ur games....