PDA

View Full Version : Trads

stillsing
02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey what happened to that Trad league that Interyearnin was workin on?? Aint heard any news on it since the mention in the adv vs trad battle posts. Any1 know anything??? So hey all you trads ....stop harassing Mason and Smug and drop a line hear to see if we can even get enuff peeps together to field such a thing....

jk125
02-14-2009, 02:10 PM
i'm not usually a trad player but heck i would play in this, why not.

PyramidHead
02-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not very well liked anymore, but I'll be glad to play on the trad team if it gets going :)

interyernan
02-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I can certainly get somethine organised for the Trad contingent of the game. Let me have a word with the other higher ups and start you off with somthing like a Trad Only Matchplay bracket. By doing it this way we can gauge the number of trad players actively using the site and preogress from there.

yunatidus4ever
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I bet I could do some traditional now that I have been playing OT2, so even us adv users would love to play.

MasonR
02-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd play, it'd be nice to have on my resume.

Yep, got 3rd to last all locked up here!

Seriously though I'd definitely get down on some of this.

KRONZZZ
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I want in on this for sure, I actually played a trad only g0 tourny last week that actually filled with enough ppl and placed a decent 5th. It was fun and a change from advanced for sure.

cartman1337
02-15-2009, 04:38 AM
I'm thinking like Yuna, so I'd probably sign up just to test that theory. ;)

stillsing
02-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Thank you Inter.. your efforts in this area are MOST appreciated...To all the adv. players showin interest...fabulous..great to see ... very excited to have a chance to play against the top level players in a trad setting. BTW.. not to be a "trad team" like PH mentioned....no team vs team...just peeps competing against each other while every1 uses trad settings... just throwin that out there now so NOBODY interprets this to be trad vs adv in any way. We have all argued plenty on that topic so don't rehash it here, that aint what this is about. Again thanks to Interyernin and those forementioned "higher-ups", look forward to more on this...

PyramidHead
02-15-2009, 11:22 AM
My bad Ed. I seen adv vs. trad somewhere in the original post, and thought that's what this was...I was wondering why everyone kept mentioning playing w/ trad. Anyways though, I'd still like to participate.

ghost33
02-15-2009, 12:24 PM
im a trad player ill join if it exist

interyernan
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Yep this will be a Match play bracket, were all players must used the Traditional swing bar. If a player who used advanced wants to test their arm and try participating they MUST use traditional. I will be setting the boards up in the next couple of days so look out for the thread and the sign ups.

Scotty9678
02-15-2009, 12:38 PM
I want in on this for sure, I actually played a trad only g0 tourny last week that actually filled with enough ppl and placed a decent 5th. It was fun and a change from advanced for sure.

Yes I was in that tourney too....is it possible to choke away a tournament after only 7 holes? -7 after 7.....finsh I think -8 maybe....so stupid

If this really happens I'd down like a clown Charlie Brown

And just sign up BGunn now

unseen555
02-15-2009, 12:48 PM
id do some trad ill stink but ill do it ;)

ElectroFox
02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Never heard of Trad vs Adv tourney before, looks interesting.

Tried to set up a Trad only competition before but didn't work out though. (maybe will do it properly next time).

Roughdawg4
02-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I sent you a message fox. If you can put together something and message me I am sure we can do it again. There will be more traditional players this time around.

slowguy20
02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
im down if yall do something

Shaq33Cavs33
02-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Never heard of Trad vs Adv tourney before, looks interesting.

Tried to set up a Trad only competition before but didn't work out though. (maybe will do it properly next time).

I sent you a message fox. If you can put together something and message me I am sure we can do it again. There will be more traditional players this time around.

I do remember u trying to do that Fox. Also I have sent u a PM as well about a Trad. Competition.
There has been a few ideas floating around and it looks like people are interested in playing. :)

interyernan
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
An idea that i had which i have spoke to Shaq about is because there seems to be a lot of interest from not only the Trad players but some of the advanced player who want to test there arm and play as Trad is this.

A simple two sided Match play bracket, on the right side of the bracket all the Official Trad players, on the left side all the Advanced players who want to try a comp in Trad. The bracket follows it's normal formula - Round 1,2 QF, SF until you have the face off between the True Trad Champion and the Advanced/Trad Champion and they do battle in the Final over 36 holes of Match Play with each player choosing a course of their choice to play on.

How does that sound to everyone?

MasonR
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I think if you eliminate the chance of the best two actual Trad players facing off in the final you'll see some people disagree with the bracketing (as we've seen in BigCup and MotG brackets).

interyernan
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Fair point, but by doing the individual bracketing like this the seeding would obviously be discussed for both sides. I think we can safely say that BGunner would be Trad seed 1 so who ever Trad seed 2 would be placed on the at the bottom end of the Trad side of the bracket so in theory they shouldn't meet until the "Semi-Final" with the winner playing the victor from the advanced//trad side.

The winner from the Trad bracket would be classed as the Trad Match play Champion but it would be like having a memorial match to play the best of the "advanced playing as Trad".
It sounds right in my head, maybe its not, the best way i can describe it is to compare to our English Footbal League. Before the start of every Season over here the winners of the League play the winners of the major cup from the Season before in something called the community shield. Although it is a real peice of silverwear the comp is not considered overly importnant as it is used as a springboard for the up and coming season. I'm not sure what you guys have in America that is similar but i remember seeing last week on Sky a match between the two divisons/conferences in American Football (sorry if i have brutalised the terminology of your football league - i have no clue about it).

stillsing
02-17-2009, 06:01 PM
sounds great any which way to me... prefer mixed up seeds instead of adv vs trad... but again i would be happy with any of the above...

MasonR
02-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Good point, I can see where you're coming from and I guess it would be more in the spirit of Adv/Trad vs Trad/Trad.

OthersGirl
02-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Sounds like fun :)) I think it would be kind of interesting... Though i can't really see the Adv/Trad beating out the Trad/Trad side LOL, still, I'm interested in all of these crazy "online" tournaments and competitions. Anything to break up the monotony of the "same-old, same-old" :)

interyernan
02-18-2009, 04:39 AM
If you are interested in signing up for some of the comps check out the Match Play Premier League OG. The sign up thread is still running for that and the interst has been really good.

ElectroFox
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
No opinion about the Adv/Trad etc... but for the Trad only competition, yes might need help from you guys - Shaq & Roughdawg. Will let you guys know when its to be rebirth.

And interyernan's match play league looks cool too.

Roughdawg4
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
yeah lets us know becuase u did a great job and we want to see if we create a board for you this time around, maybe it will get better attention :)

Shaq33Cavs33
02-18-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah lets us know becuase u did a great job and we want to see if we create a board for you this time around, maybe it will get better attention :)

Agreed - With more members now then b4 u may get a better turnout especially if we create a board for it. :)

stillsing
02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Where are all the trads??? Gunner,Cram,bcus and all the rest of ya...where the hell is ya?? There is a friggin BC league!!!I cant beleive there is a BC league and we cant get nothin for the trad. Trad army show yourself!!pleeze

bcus28
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not soley a traditional player, but if I can find the sign up for a traditional only league I'll check it out.

PyramidHead
02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm not solely a Trad player anymore either, but I'm really looking forward to playing this tourney. Although I've been thinking of going back to Trad full-time again.

OthersGirl
02-24-2009, 02:13 AM
i dont play trad anymoer bc i suck at it now, but im always up for somethign interesting :)

OthersGirl
02-24-2009, 02:14 AM
WOW. Look at me. typo much?

Hotshot14
02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Im in for this.............GO TRADS!!! lol

ghost33
02-24-2009, 07:00 AM
i think i will always be a trad!im an old shool type of guy.

royaltool
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Please start a league !!!! Im so tired of hearing about how we trads suck!!!! i do play advance but man: trad rox!!!!!SIGN ME UP!!!!!!

Elektropop
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Bwahahaaaaaa you inferior trads!

... Just skipped to the last page.. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.. :)

cartman1337
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM

... Just skipped to the last page.. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.. :)

I'm guessing you won't be joining any trad-only tournaments that might show up due to the discussions in this thread then... ;)

Kbongg
02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, sorting by money earned would be great. That means we would be making money for playing. I think i could be a bit more serious about it if that was the case.

If you are wondering WTF was happening here, just imagine what RD is doing right now ;D

the_smug_one
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah but that still doesn't prove the game developers <b>intentionally</b> programmed rabbit and turtle into the game. I think you're all cheaters.

Kbongg
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, they obviously intended for the turtles/rabbits to be there. But the use of them i think is what was in question. But i know you are against them and that is ok. Have fun in minna G0 without them btw.

Elektropop
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM

I'm guessing you won't be joining any trad-only tournaments that might show up due to the discussions in this thread then... ;)

Hmm.. That might be fun. I just find it really difficult on the ps3. Psp no problem.. I guess it's a mental thing :) ... Or due to the input lag provided by my telly's picture processors.. Hmmm

the_smug_one
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
???

Kbongg
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
:-\

Elektropop
02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, he seems to be a G0 to me.. A trad one.. Respect :)

MasonR
02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
lol wut

p1um5mu991er
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
uh, what's being discussed here?

cmonnnnn peeps, the group of nerds that programmed this game know every facet of it. This is a fact. They made it, they know about it.
They created rabbit and turtle icons to indicate that pi was missed, and that a shank will follow.
They know about alternate fairways because they kept them in bounds.
To state that rabbits/turtles are unfair is to state that water bounces and flag balls are unfair.
All were put into the game purposefully.

The other group of nerds that got paid to test it also know about it, because they play for a living.
I'm sure that those nerds figured it out pretty quickly.
They also figured out that skull shots are too far out of range and are of no advantage to try on purpose.
Ask any one of the many gamers on this site who have completed any difficult game 100% (or further, wha?) about all of the little intricacies that are advantageous which most people who play that game will never discover.

The problem is, this game shouldn't be compared to golf. It's not golf.
Some broad is flying around in the air on Euro 10. Not golf.
There are similarities, obviously, but my diaper would overload if someone posted a video of a riser chip they had on a real golf course.

or something

Elektropop
02-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I wear a sombrero. so...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/suriyasiero/553px-Lol_que.jpg

the_smug_one
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
How do I do that thing where you rate a thread as "thumbs up"? This one's a no-brainer.

stillsing
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
waitin for the sign-up sheet..... 8)

p1um5mu991er
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
grrreat

Kbongg
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
waitin for the sign-up sheet.....   8)

WTH??  are you still talking about the forum topic?  ;)

Scotty9678
02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I think Othersgirl is pretty damn hot!

That is all.

No it's not.

She should be a trophy for this TRAD tourney; how about that for a Traditional advantage of Advanced?

Kbongg
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
lol, og avatar walking behind you in lobby with laptop and punching away on it like scorpions forum avatar. SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

stillsing
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
got plenty of time to talk ....wont be golfin any tournys with the 10 hour gap on the G0 schedule...

PyramidHead
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Is this still going to happen? Wanna kick some azz... or get mine kicked..whatever ^_^

XxghettoxX
03-01-2009, 01:48 AM
lol elek looks just like i thought u wld look

ElectroFox
03-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Just a reminder if you've missed the events thread. Trad competition season 1 is now live. Go to:

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/board,166.0.html

OthersGirl
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I think Othersgirl is pretty darn hot!

That is all.

No it's not.

She should be a trophy for this TRAD tourney; how about that for a Traditional advantage of Advanced?

Ummm What? LMAO how do I keep ending up in the middle of all these random posts? LMAO scotty, i am just laughing my azz off. i just saw this one now. hahaha