PDA

View Full Version : G0 scheduling - Next round of grief forms! - Execution after 2/25/2009

koudman
02-23-2009, 06:24 AM
My hope that they would fix the schedule is gone again so I think it's time for a next round of grief forms. I think best is to send in 3 grief forms each (they don't give you a lot of space for comments) and we focus on:

1. Frequency of tours - just suggest 4 g0 tours per hour as a standard preferably on one floor. This should be no problem looking at the amount of tourneys they can schedule (40)

2. Trial Cups - No need to explain this one....

3. Conditions& character/equipment selection - Give us normal weather and free choice of equipment more often. We are still playing the majority of our tours in the rain and it's depressing.

Grief forms can be posted via this link: http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/grief-reporting/

Everybody agree with this?

MasonR
02-23-2009, 06:27 AM
There's an update notice on Thursday for OOB.

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 06:41 AM
i agree but my proposal is better.............lets cut to the chase , the novelty of L2/R2 to go between imaginary floors is wearing thin..............was cute at first but now tedious and pointless

koudman
02-23-2009, 06:44 AM
What was your proposal Clint? Make one floor G0 only?

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 06:47 AM
yeah, there is no need to scroll floors really, it has no purpose bar noveltly " hey im in a clubhouse and im going up the stairs to floor 2 to check tours"

no your not, your pressing shoulder button........and its full of trial cups haaa

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 06:49 AM
koudo, im going to waste 8 mins of my life with grief report so............do they get back to you on email or is a phone call better to raise a ticket reference?

koudman
02-23-2009, 06:51 AM
There's an update notice on Thursday for OOB.

Ok so we wait till after the update? Let's just get it clear what we want and if nothing good happens during the update we can quickly fire away our next set of grief forms (within 24 hours of the update to make it clear that at least we do care)

cartman1337
02-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Sounds like a plan. :)

koudman
02-23-2009, 06:53 AM
koudo, im going to waste 8 mins of my life with grief report so............do they get back to you on email or is a phone call better to raise a ticket reference?

Last set of grief forms we got nothing back but all of a sudden we saw other courses then normal in the schedule (safari, highlands etc.). You can e-mail the Sony helpdesk but they are clueless and will tell you to file a grief report via the link I provided...

Basically they don't react on grief forms but they do seem to take (some) action.

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 06:56 AM
ok ill do it now, i am waiting on word from the EU sony moderator who 2 weeks ago asked a lot of us european players to provide best lobby, best charaters novice- expert, best course and clubs/balls as sony eu wanted to know this

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Yeah man, after we filled out those forms it was fixed. Either it worked before, or that was a huge coincidence :)

koudman
02-23-2009, 07:03 AM
ok ill do it now, i am waiting on word from the EU sony moderator who 2 weeks ago asked a lot of us european players to provide best lobby, best charaters novice- expert, best course and clubs/balls as sony eu wanted to know this

EU moderator? This was on the playstation forums?

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:04 AM
wait what clint?

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:12 AM
yeah he was sent a while back to ask players views on specifics , now it could just have been a marketing tool to see really what characters we all used as a view to more costumes or something

bear in mind this was before last update which overall the excitement of playing on all courses.........i feel we are back at square one again with scheduling >:(

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:14 AM
koudo the grief report is limited characters man!!!!! ( a bit like our tours) :( :( >:(

i ran out of text space

koudman
02-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Couldn't wait and send in my forms now. Everybody is free to do what he/she likes but I have hope that if we put up a lot of complaints now they can take this into their coming update.

koudman
02-23-2009, 07:16 AM
koudo the grief report is limited characters man!!!!! ( a bit like our tours) :( :( >:(

i ran out of text space

Yeah I know they limit the space to rant but if you give them a short description of the complaint then I think it gives you just enough room to get your point across.

Although I agree that more space would help but the downside for them would be that they would need to review 4 pages sagas by people who refuse to be concise :)

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Yeah it does seem that way, the retard that made the schedule before must h ave been on vacation for a week or two. Welcome back you putz :)

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:20 AM
well i think things are going to change come thursday......

now i could be brash and predict the removal of the trial cup , but thats obvious

it will either dissapear or they may just may run it over onto the GF section for a fortnight to get people to play oceania/golfasaurus ;)

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
and you really think that is 100% true?

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:26 AM
I am sorry I am a little skeptical to someone reaching out to what 8 active people on the forum

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:28 AM
well the trial cups will go ...........as that has caused them some embarrasment tbh.........

im waiting on an email about whats in the update on thursday , i think it will be slightly better with less rain but i would love to see one floor of constant G0 tours........my old legs are getting sick and tired of climbing up stairs to get to floor 10 only too see its full of GF games.......

i gotta stop at floor 5 for a breather

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:30 AM
I am sorry I am a little skeptical to someone reaching out to what 8 active people on the forum

that my dearest is why it was kept from you ;D

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:32 AM
and you can keep that information as well ;)

koudman
02-23-2009, 07:34 AM

that my dearest is why it was kept from you ;D

Clint if we are getting Crown only after the next update I will hunt you down! ;)

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:37 AM
crown is the only place i win ;D

koudman
02-23-2009, 07:39 AM
OK - I saw the questions they asked there but I feel that they missed an opportunity for feedback by:

1. Not coming here - The crowd here is waaaaaaay bigger and active then the names I see on there

2. Asking the questions in this format - This does not address the major scheduling issues at all. Just give us a freaking e-mail address to send in our direct feedback/improvements.

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
yeah they should have asked here but thats sonys downfall, up their own arses that they think their official sites are the best......they dont care about the wider community i think!!

this is why i did not post this ages ago as i did not want someone accusing me of ..................och im not going there again, lets just say it was an upleasant experience

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:44 AM
lol i hope they aren't trying to contact the official US forum, is there even anyone there :)

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:48 AM
thats the thing dawg , they mess up big style

i had to sign up with the USA site as they had an official thread about HSG yet we dont have it in europe....so everyone leaves usa to come here and rightly so......

yet the international servers are in europe but they still dont have an official forums ........its crazy ......completely crazy , hence why your basically banging your head against a brick wal

Roughdawg4
02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
it certainly does feel that way clint

clint_westwood
02-23-2009, 07:53 AM
ill keep checking my PS site PM inbox for mail, who knows we may get a shock on thursday ::)

wish i knew ::)

Hotshot14
02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I obviously can't stand the Trial cups...........
But i hate the Advs. Only Tourney's even more, what's the point, there is no need to do this

With the trial cups i rarely find a tourney and then i see a tourney and OHHHH!!!
But no it ADVS. ONLY!!!! >:(

the_smug_one
02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
So you're saying that ADV only trial cups would be ideal? Agreed.

Hotshot14
02-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Lol no im saying there shouldn't be Advs. Only tourneys or Trial Cups
::)

The-Dreamcaster
02-23-2009, 12:52 PM
to be honest i agree with this, having adv or trad only tourns is a stupid option and ultimately means some1 is always gonna get the short straw.
Can anyone let me know if these exist in Minna too?

the_smug_one
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
They do exist in Minna, not sure how the exact frequency compares but you do see both ADV and Trad only rules. And similar to our server, you'll see more ADV than Trad only.

OthersGirl
02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah it does seem that way, the retard that made the schedule before must h ave been on vacation for a week or two. Welcome back you putz :)

LMFAO

interyernan
02-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I've sent in grief reports in the past about this. I have done yet another one as this thread requested hopefully this will be the first one i get a reply to.

p1um5mu991er
02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
just hoping that the update means all g0 tournaments will be std/std intermediate long tee rex rain

oops, too late

The-Dreamcaster
02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
lmao. fun fun.
variety is all good, nice to see some changes which is a step in the right direction. i'm content for now. a nice change would be if it wasn't so heavily focussed on DLC. maybe other character tourneys.

cartman1337
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
just hoping that the update means all g0 tournaments will be std/std intermediate long tee rex rain

oops, too late

Say what? I want Toro std/std G-Rex Long tee, strong wind, rain! Plus they should fix Toro's Rain attribute, I mean, since when has a cat NOT hated water?

:D

The-Dreamcaster
02-23-2009, 02:38 PM

oops, too late

Say what? I want Toro std/std G-Rex Long tee, strong wind, rain! Plus they should fix Toro's Rain attribute, I mean, since when has a cat NOT hated water?

:D

i actually quite like toro, although i'm trying to play less golf atm because i figure if i take a break and then get back to it, i might see it in a new light and find a new seam of improvement. worked with other games :p

OthersGirl
02-24-2009, 02:08 AM
ummm good point. dont give them any ideas man. Alex, Sophie -- that's enough with the anti-rain attitude. LOl we DONT need another DLC golfer who hates rain LMAO

koudman
02-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Nothing happened today so time to sent out grief forms asap!

Roughdawg4
02-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Yeah so much for waiting for the update.

Hey this time for the update. Post the website address as well so maybe they will contact morpheus or something.

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 05:58 AM
i sent mine earlier

Roughdawg4
02-26-2009, 06:00 AM
Well here is the issue, if they contacted the EU forum before, maybe we should put the website address at the bottom.

I mean we sent a flood of messages and they get contacted. Don't you think that is wierd?

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 06:13 AM
yeah very

OthersGirl
02-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Where do we report our complaints to? the last person who put a lnk==it asked what PERSON we were complaining about. and this isnt about a person, so where the heck do we complain? please someone answer LMAO

Roughdawg4
02-26-2009, 06:27 AM
The person we complain about last time was g0scheduling.

OthersGirl
02-26-2009, 06:30 AM
LOL there's no place to complain that's NOT set up to NOT be a complaint against a person ? wow. talk about sending us a message that they dont give a rats azz what we think in general. LOL just so long as some PERSOn isnt saying filthy things or advertising for a competitor, they dont care. WOW lol. okay. i'll do that then :) if i can find the link ever again :*(

You should put a thread and sticky it -- so that everyone can find it (I'm NOT the only person who doesn't know) and explain that (g0scheduling) or whatever as person's name. :) with link included. would be helpful.

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 06:47 AM
i just typed in john holmes for that bit OG

Optimus_Prime
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't see the complaint form thread anymore, but wanted to update folks on how my plea to SCEA customer service is going. Well, I'm at the same point Cartman was at. We'll see if anything comes out of it. If no changes in a week, I may start a thread exhorting people to email SCEA and SCEE customer support.

Here's the exchange so far (read bottom up):

Gabriel,

Thank you very much. I wanted to also show how the schedule has changed and gotten worse:

February 19: most of the 8 courses being used for G0 tournaments (averaged 1.5 G0 tourneys per hour)
http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,1816.0.html

February 21: only 4 courses used in G0 tourneys (averaged 2 G0 tourneys per hour)
http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,1844.0.html

Today, March 4: still only 4 courses used (averaged 1 G0 tourney per hour)
http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,2058.0.html

(Please note that we love the game so much that we started typing up the tourney schedules every day, whereas Minna No Golf provides the tourney schedules on a website!)

Timeline:
Before February 5: only 3 (out of 7) courses were used in G0
February 6-20: all 8 courses used in G0 (including the new dinosaur one)
February 21-present: only 4 courses used (the 3 from before plus the new downloadable dino one)

As you can see, our schedule is worse than just a couple of weeks ago. We are averaging less than 2 tourneys per hour for G0 (out of 40 available to all the grades/ranks), and there are times when hours go by without a playable G0 tourney (not including trial cups since most cannot play those). Also, notice how much rain there is and how many are Kratos/Gloria/Alex only. The Minna No Golf 5 scheduling has far greater variety and frequency, and they also have far more lobby avatar part prizes as well. Please forward this on to the appropriate people. Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
Jamie

Subject
Many players from the online server for Hot Shots Golf and Everybody's Golf a...

Discussion Thread
Response (Gabriel B.) 03/04/2009 09:38 AM
Hello Jamie,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you are having with the Hotshots Golf Tournaments. We value your input and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that we will convey your feedback to Sony Computer Entertainment America's ("SCEA") appropriate management.

Regards,
Gabriel B.

Hi,

It was not a tournament hosted by a fellow player (like the "gamerooms"), but the official tournaments hosted by SCEA/SCEE servers. Up to 50 players can be in an official tournament, and there are 40 that are scheduled (by an algorithm on the server) and automatically run every hour throughout the day. These tournaments are the only way players can get wins and podium finishes to get lobby avatar prizes and stats that are officially recorded in your profile and the leaderboards. Out of the 40 per hour, there are maybe one or two per hour that are setup for G0 (the highest grade/rank) players. There are about 200 G0 players. Many days there are hours that go by with no G0 tournaments (while tournaments for the other three grades/ranks and the "grade-free" unofficial tourneys fill the schedule). On top of that, most of the G0 tourneys are rainy instead of sunny and offer none of the variety that Minna No Golf 5 has (the same game in Japan with a much greater variety of tournament setups). To top it off, we FINALLY got to play all 8 courses a few weeks ago in the G0 tournaments when the latest downloadable course was released; but now after last week's server maintenance, we only get 4 of the courses, pretty much as before.

What I'm trying to say is that after last week's server maintenance, the scheduling is WORSE. Less courses to play and many of the G0 tourneys are "trial" cups (introduced a few weeks ago) where only those who haven't unlocked or bought the course can play--we have even seen a trial cup for the beginner's course which everyone has access to right off the bat, so no one could possibly play in that trial cup! Most of the G0 players have unlocked all the courses, and many have already bought the DLC. So the trial cups don't make any sense for G0 tourneys. If you go to http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,1938.0.html you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's extremely frustrating that the 1000+ regular players on the SCEA/SCEE servers don't have the same tournament scheduling and setups as Minna No Golf. I understand there are far more players on the Japan server, but the ratios and setups should be similar, and they are not. It's driving people away from the game, and their dollars for downloadable content with it. Please consider adding more G0 tourneys per hour, use all 8 courses for all the official tourneys (especially G0, where we currently only get 4), eliminate trial cups except for GF/grade-free tourneys, and increase variety of tourney setup (9 hole tourneys, sunny instead of rain, more character-specific tourneys instead of just the DLC ones like Kratos and Gloria).

Thank you so much for delivering this plea for help to the SCEA and SCEE producers of this great game. We have a thriving community which you can see at the link above. It would be a shame to not engage these loyal players to the fullest.

Sincerely,
Jamie

Subject
Many players from the online server for Hot Shots Golf and Everybody's Golf a...

Discussion Thread
Response (Matthew F.) 02/28/2009 12:27 PM
Hello Jamie,

We apologize for any inconveniences with tournament play.
You will have to contact the host of that tournament.

Regards,
Matthew F.

Customer 02/27/2009 01:23 PM
Many players from the online server for Hot Shots Golf and Everybody's Golf are very frustrated by the online tournament schedule. The top grade level (G0) has very few tournaments scheduled and are using only half of the courses. A few weeks ago, we got an update which added the new course and the G0 schedule (for the first time) included all the courses. Now it's back to half the courses, and many of the tourneys are "trial cups" which if we have bought or unlocked the course we *cannot* participate in (they are demo tourneys, in effect). This makes no sense for the top 200 players in G0 who are hardcore and already buy the DLC and unlock the courses.

People are getting frustrated and are now filing grief reports on the SCEE website. There are threads about this on www.hotshotsgolf.com (http://www.hotshotsgolf.com). The G0 scheduling has been inferior to the scheduling on the Japanese servers for Minna No Golf 5 since we started last spring. People are starting to buy Minna instead. Soon people will buy DLC from SCEJ instead of SCEA and SCEE. Or they will simply find other games (which many have done already). You are losing money and your audience!

Please forward this onto the Hot Shots Golf producers. We need more tourneys per hour in G0, all 8 courses used, and less rainy courses--as well as the other various setups that the Minna server has. You have a hardcore following that you are jeopardizing for little reason.

Sincerely,
Jamie
PSN: Optimus_Prime

clint_westwood
03-05-2009, 04:21 AM
yeah OP ...........looks like your getting the dear john treatment

i just got an email this morning saying they are looking into my points and huge email i sent..........

no hang on heres the reply

"Dear Mr Watt,

Thank you for your email and your feedback.
This will be passed on and investigated. "

Roughdawg4
03-05-2009, 05:22 AM
They are probably all getting a huge chuckle out of this. Just passing the buck around, it is a vallant effort though Optimus. I wouldn't be able to deal with those dumb answers, but hey thats life I guess :)

kumanzc
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Here's the Clap Hanz email address:

staff@claphanz.co.jp

I know they don't run the show over here but complaining to them enough may get them to contact the server maintainers over here.

Problem is that I doubt anyone who picks up the email speaks enough English to bother reading it.

Roughdawg4
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Or if they even care :(

yunatidus4ever
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
here is the letter I wrote. Couldnt hurt.

Dear claphanz staff:

I love this game. It is great. My favorite. I have been a fan of your series since the 1990's. I am dissapointed though, that ever since I became G0 ( yay!!! congratulations!!!! ) that I hardly ever get to participate in any online tournaments.

I have played Minna no golf and they do not have this problem. They have character specific (not purchased only) tournaments on all 7 courses in the game. We only get to play on 4, and most of the time with the purchased characters only.

Sometimes hours go by without one tournament in the 40 that are posted for each hour.

Also on Minna they just got 30 new prizes added to thier online game play. They already have tons more than us, not to mention we have had the same ones since the game started (i think).

Is this ever going to change? Can we get no justice? We love the game just as much as the other players love minna no golf.

Also, there is now trail tournaments that are set up under the G0 schedule. All G0's already purchase all the add-ons, because we have to in order to play. Once there was a trial tournament at highland (which of course is the first course you get in the game). What a joke!

Who is accountable for the programming of our schedule?

Please see the following website. We have created our own tournaments to play and now have over 700 members and growing fast. We even post the schedule everyday, because noone wants to miss a tourney and wait 2-3 hours for the next one. You will see this is a huge problem, and we are all trying to get someone to listen to us and fix this!!!

If you go to "community" and then click on "hot shots golf out of bounds / everybodys golf world tour" you can then see a tab with "G0 schedule" and there you will see the variety and poorness of our daily tournaments.

www.hotshotsgolf.com (http://www.hotshotsgolf.com)

If you could possibly find who this complaint should go to, or who we can contact regarding these issues, we would be very pleased.

Thank you,
Lisa
PSN ID: yunatidus4ever

Optimus_Prime
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Heads up. One of the SCEA producers (Chris Hinojosa-Miranda) for HSG is also a producer for Patapon 2. He just posted on the Playstation blog. It may be too late to get his attention on today's blog post, but he hinted they will post next week when the Patapon 2 demo is released. I think I once got a response from him in a blog post about HSG. This may be our best oppotunity to get their attention. I've also sent in an email to the PS Blog, though I'm sure I'll just get a generic response. I'll post something in the Patapon comments, but be on the lookout later next week for another Patapon post by Chris.

For the record, here's my email to the PS Blog (using their Contact Us link):

Hi, this message is for Chris Hinojosa-Miranda, Associate Producer, SCEA. I sent an email to SCEA Customer Service [Incident: 090227-000508] and have gotten two generic replies. The problem is with the online tournament scheduling in Hot Shots Golf. It's gotten worse in recent weeks. For a brief 3 week period, we were able to play all 8 courses in G0 (highest grade) tournament play. Now we're back to just a handful of courses. We're only getting 1-2 tourneys per hour (out of 40) for G0 and many are rain. Minna No Golf 5 online tournaments use all 8 courses and have a far better variety of tourney setups. There are around 200 G0 players and we are getting very frustrated. Please see http://www.hotshotsgolf.com. There are several hundred users on that site alone--a vibrant, growing community--but many are upset about the scheduling. Can you do anything to make the G0 scheduling better and more like Minna? I am a Top 50 player and love the game. Please help keep these loyal players engaged!

Sincerely,
Jamie Edwards
PSN: Optimus_Prime