PDA

View Full Version : REMINDER! Hold your complaints until after Thursday!

MasonR
02-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but ever since we found out that there's an update coming on Thursday there's been 10x more griping about the schedule. Yes the last three days have sucked, but COME ON people, just wait until we confirm that we're screwed please.

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,1874.0.html

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
good call. Lets see what happens first.

The-Dreamcaster
02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
i heard and saw this, could be an answer to the bs we've been getting.

reeja19
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I haven't been on OOB in a few days, what exactly does the update say?

MasonR
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Would you believe me if I told you that I was just taking people's word for it?

I went on once since saturday, got a 2nd then played Minna for 3 days so I don't know.

Scotty9678
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
it says something about temporary maintence...

What does the message on the minna baord say...that's what I want to know

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
I just got to ask this: since when has there EVER been a reason to be OPTIMISTIC about an update on our server?

For all we know they could just be adding 5 new lobby prizes and do nothing with the schedule - like they've done on 9 out of the 10 previous updates...

But no, I haven't sent in a complaint yet, I'm going to give them whatever benefit of doubt they deserve, but to say that I'm optimistic would be a BIG lie... ;)

MasonR
02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I meant complaints on this site, not the complaint forms actually.

And uh...cartman were you here for the last update? Yeah we got some bad stuff but it was definitely a step in the right direction. Schedule turned to crap in the last three days but before that it was worlds better. There's plenty reason to be optimistic.

And when in god's name was the last we got more lobby prizes? O_o There was that time we got >two< but I don't think we've got any more since then. Unless we're talking EU version that has those hats or whatever.

reeja19
02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I know for sure that minna will be down for three hours on Thursday from 10:00 to 13:00 minna time, but that is all I know.

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Yea like I said before, either it worked or it was a huge coincidence. We can hoped it actually worked last time :)

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I meant complaints on this site, not the complaint forms actually.

And uh...cartman were you here for the last update? Yeah we got some bad stuff but it was definitely a step in the right direction. Schedule turned to crap in the last three days but before that it was worlds better. There's plenty reason to be optimistic.

And when in god's name was the last we got more lobby prizes? O_o There was that time we got >two< but I don't think we've got any more since then. Unless we're talking EU version that has those hats or whatever.

The 9 out of 10 comment was about the schedule, not the lobby prizes. The previous update aside they've not done anything about the schedule for ages.

And yes, I was there. The previous update was great, except for the trial cups we all love so much (especially you :D)... All the more reason to be pessimistic, thinks I. Considering what we usually get in the updates, what are the odds of getting something awesome twice in a row?

But that's me, I am like that. I will always expect the worst and be happy if I get something good, rather than expect something good and become disappointed when I don't get it. ;)

MasonR
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Well I would find it VERY weird that we'd get two updates in the same month and have nothing to shwo for it. It was obvious with the last update that they tried to catch us up to the content on Minna but screwed up a couple things (schedule coding for Trial cups most likely). We've never got 2 updates in month that I remember and it only makes sense that they're going back and fixing what they screwed up. I don't see us getting a 2nd update without them fixing the mistakes they made the first time out or at least making a good attempt at doing so.

Just because our schedule has been bad doesn't mean we should automatically assume they're going to mess up the update. The only thing they've ever screwed up was this latest update. Yes our schedule was fked but that doesn't mean THEY screwed up, they just never planned on changing it until now and they screwed up the one time.

I just think that being negative about something like this will only result in more negativity. I mean it sucks but I think if the more hard-core HSG fans are down in the dumps about it what chance do we have to expand our number of players?

Scotty, isn't the message on the Minna board still the one from 1/29?

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah, the trial cups were a screw up on the previous update. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only thing they fix with the next update. Like you said, why else would they release two updates in the same month?

And what do you mean by "get two updates in the same month and have nothing to show for it"? Isn't the new course something?

MasonR
02-24-2009, 03:21 PM
"get two updates in the same month and have nothing to show for it"?

Concerning the schedule, sorry thought that was implied.

And you bring up a good counterpoint to your own feelings on the issue. I mean why be pessimistic if you can already cite reasons not to be?

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Lol, I can see what you mean. However, I don't consider having the trial cups removed as much of an improvement of the schedule. If we're still seeing 2+ hrs waits and only 4 courses to play, rain, lots of novice only, Kratos std, etc, etc, after the Thursday update, but no trial cups among them, then we're simply back to square one, and that's not really an improvement is it?

Of course I hope to be proven wrong in a big way, but I'm not expecting ANYTHING! ;)

the_smug_one
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I've been writing in like crazy requesting that trial cups be expanded to Highland through Safari. I don't wanna jinx it, but you never know...

*fingers crossed*

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
LMFAO!

Trial cups at Highlands, that's hilarious! Not even level 1 players could play those! :D

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
lol that is funny. Genius at work :)

MasonR
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Cartman I don't see why you think we're going to be stuck with the 4 course schedule again. Aside from the last few days we've been playing a decent amount of Safair, Euro, Highland and Okin lately. We've already had the schedule improved upon just with a few minor fck ups.

reeja19
02-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I think Cartman is just basing it off of the amount of times we have been screwed over in the past. I personally think the theory of the normal schedule maker went away for a week or so and now they are back could hold some truth ::)

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I understand Cartman thinking we will get screwed since that is what history told us. And hey, I dont blame him because I used to think the same way.

There is another update coming so we might as well wait and see what happens. If they already plan on fixing it, we are just going in circles for nothing.

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Re: Mason's post...

Several reasons. First of all, because, like I stated before, I always expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Second, because the schedule turned back after less than two weeks of improvement - who's to say those in charge don't consider the actual improvement one of the mistakes they were going to "fix" anyway? Third, because we've always ended up feeling screwed over before. Even with the previous update, where we all were up in the skies for a few hours, until we all realized what the trial cups were... So even when something good comes along, they've still managed to always give us something to complain about. I just don't see how anybody seriously can expect that to suddenly stop?

So why SHOULDN'T I expect it?

But like I said before, I very much hope to be proven wrong about my expectations. ;) We'll know at the weeks end. Until then it's really anybody's guess what to expect... I chose the pessimistic approach. You guys go ahead and be optimistic, all you want. But don't come complaining to me if we don't get anything good with that update. But off course, you're all most welcome to tell me "I told you so" if it does. :)

ghost33
02-24-2009, 04:08 PM
when is the next update i thought they just did some sort of update i had to download something last week

the_smug_one
02-24-2009, 04:13 PM
You're both staring at the same half filled / half empty glass. Guess we'll know how this plays out soon enough.

MasonR
02-24-2009, 04:22 PM
But don't come complaining to me if we don't get anything good with that update.

FOR the record I think I'm in the bottom 2% when it comes to complaining about the treatment, that's why it's tough for me to see it happen SO much especially on this site at a time where HSG is at it's make or break point on the International servers. I just think complaining 100% of the time is just asking for bad things to happen. I mean take a look back at November of last year. Since then we got Toro for free, leaderboards, the new course in a timely fashion, a taste of schedule variety and we even get the uber lobby permanently (funny considering it's a big deal in japan but no one here really gives a crap). Hell we even got Kratos first way back when.

Oh well, to each his own, cross your fingers guys.

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Thursday is the next update

reeja19
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Itis interesting that both servers are getting 3 hour updates this week, does anybody have any idea what the update on minna says? It can't be just maintenance as the server went down for an hour last night, so anyone have a clue?

kumanzc
02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
It just says there will be maintenance and you can't go online. Doesn't say what they will be doing. My disclaimer on that though is my wife is lazy about reading the whole thing and sometimes may slack on the translation. If anyone has ever seen 'lost in translation' and the scene where Bill Murray is doing the commercial, the director goes off an about a 10 sentence speech and it is translated in like 3 words, that is what I deal with.

MasonR
02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
lmao man, your wife is awesome.

I can imagine her sitting there with a magazine or something, narrowing her eyes at you as you ask her to translate your anime golf game, shrugging and then saying "Game is broken" after reading the explanation for no lobby connection.

cartman1337
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Wait. Both versions are going into maintenance at the same time? Has that ever happened before?

That can only mean one thing; they're combining the servers...

HA! Is that optimistic enough for you, Mason? ;D

And still, it would give the people who've actually bought Minna a reason to complain... The whole idea actually almost fits with the whole scheme I've lined out in previous posts... :D

No, I don't quite believe in it. I'm going to bed now. ;)

Roughdawg4
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
That would be funny if they merge the servers, but I doubt they would do that now.

Kbongg
02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
WORD FROM SHIHIKO - SERVERS WILL BE MERGED!!!!

from future Kbongg 04/01/09

yunatidus4ever
02-24-2009, 06:06 PM
no way! :o

I dont think the minna people like myself will care at all.

MasonR
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't mind, as long as the wins are cumulative.

Boosh.

kumanzc
02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
WORD FROM SHIHIKO - SERVERS WILL BE MERGED!!!!

from future Kbongg 04/01/09

Why did future Kbongg go so far into the future. Are we dealing with a 1 month maintenance problem here. Please get more info from future Kbongg please, present Kbongg.

Kbongg
02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
From same letter:

All accounts will reset to G3 to preserve integrity of records. (sorry mace, but would you really want to be playing against minna types with 200 wins showing up on screen for you?)

Scotty9678
02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I might literally go nuts if they did that THIS week, since I bought Minna on Saturday night...

interyernan
02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
I've just googled this and i think we may be over looking something very simple. The main reason why Japan had their own server in the first place was due to a language issue when coding the lobbys. It really was that simple, the got the game first so obviously had there own server to play on, then the US and Euro etc. got the game and somewhere between the release of the Japanese version and our version they must have tried to have it all play from one server without success so thats why we got our own one. I know that on OOB your putting is in feet and inches and on EGWT it's in meters and centermeters but that is the smallest of code to change. Having to translate the the actual lobbies into mutiple languages must be a real tough one to do.
Here's a quick question for some of the european guys to answer then. Zahovich/Scorpion/Cartman - you guys are playing this in Finland and Norway - are there any language differences with your native bought copies of the game?

If it does happen then great, it will mean a hell of a lot more activity for everyone. Lots of promotions and demotions and far more variety of competition plus all the people out there that haven't experienced playing the Japanese players round highland will get to witness 5 hole in one's at highland and a handful of albys in the same round.

Kbongg is this factual information you are passing our way or are you just blowing smoke up our ... :o

kumanzc
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
BTW are they going into maintenance at the same time or was that just a conclusion Cartman jumped to based on the fact that it was mentioned both will have 3 hour maintenance and then we all took it for granted they were at the same time or has someone confirmed this to actually be the case or is this sentence such a run on sentence no one has bothered to finish it or am I just too bored to stop or ...

MasonR
02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Um ok guys just real quick. Merging servers is a joke, not gonna happen, never, HSG6 is our best bet.

That being said:

From same letter:

All accounts will reset to G3 to preserve integrity of records. (sorry mace, but would you really want to be playing against minna types with 200 wins showing up on screen for you?)

Playing what? Warhawk? Fk with 250 wins I'd retire. Who's gonna do anything about it?\ Nobody that's who.

For the record, we've had server maintenance for both games at the same time before, or at least on the same day.

the_smug_one
02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm kinda at a loss for words that people are even considering what future Kbongg just said. Please scroll back and take a look at future Kb's transmission date.

MasonR
02-24-2009, 06:46 PM
lmao 4/1

Boosh or whooosh?

Guess you'd have to know what either of those meant first though.

cartman1337
02-25-2009, 03:08 AM
I've just googled this and i think we may be over looking something very simple. The main reason why Japan had their own server in the first place was due to a language issue when coding the lobbys. It really was that simple, the got the game first so obviously had there own server to play on, then the US and Euro etc. got the game and somewhere between the release of the Japanese version and our version they must have tried to have it all play from one server without success so thats why we got our own one. I know that on OOB your putting is in feet and inches and on EGWT it's in meters and centermeters but that is the smallest of code to change. Having to translate the the actual lobbies into mutiple languages must be a real tough one to do.
Here's a quick question for some of the european guys to answer then. Zahovich/Scorpion/Cartman - you guys are playing this in Finland and Norway - are there any language differences with your native bought copies of the game?

The only difference between my "Norwegian" copy an the one you're playing in the UK is the printed "manual" in the cover, and the actual cover text. The actual game disc is very likely exactly the same. All game menus, text, lobbies, voices etc. are in English.

Marrow_Farmer
02-25-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm kinda at a loss for words that people are even considering what future Kbongg just said. Please scroll back and take a look at future Kb's transmission date.

I would just like to point out on behalf of all my British counterparts that Kbongg's post date is the 4th January to us so none of us had a hope in hell of seeing his great gag for what it was.

I mean ffs why do you guys have to use mm/dd/yy it's so illogical ;D

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 04:24 AM
mm/dd/yyyy is illogical? LMAo

Its you wacky people with your dd/mm that really messes me up ;D

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 04:38 AM
there are going to be a few changes tomorrow ;)

going by recent feedback

koudman
02-25-2009, 05:27 AM
there are going to be a few changes tomorrow ;)

going by recent feedback

What recent feedback?

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 05:47 AM
also bear in mind we used to get this maintenance thing in the past ;)

kumanzc
02-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Actually going by past history the update will probably be a return to the old lobby system with the new ones removed.  A few months later they will put them back.  No joking here either, that's probably it.

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 07:16 AM
:-X

ghost33
02-25-2009, 07:38 AM
is it thursday yet?

reeja19
02-25-2009, 08:06 AM
We will probably get the final new rules in tours that Minna still has over us.

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 09:13 AM
wait and see ;)

MasonR
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Actually going by past history the update will probably be a return to the old lobby system with the new ones removed. A few months later they will put them back. No joking here either, that's probably it.

Well we've not once had the lobbies removed since they came out, Minna has had them on and off a few times since we got it and we've never had them taken out. Just like we didn't pay for Toro, I think since there's no demand for the new lobby other than it being a new lobby (no appeal like w/Toro) they won't bother removing it and adding it again.

I mean if they do that it's fine, but if it's the >only< reason they have the maintenance I'm probably going to kill someone.

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
it will all be ok in the end :)

yunatidus4ever
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Eddie is the biggest tease. Seems as though he is withholding information. What do you want for it????

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Eddie is the biggest tease. Seems as though he is withholding information. What do you want for it????

ohhh right where do i begin ;D

yunatidus4ever
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM

ohhh right where do i begin ;D

ha, I guess I asked for that didn't I?

*mental note, read posts and think of how words sound from Eddie's point of view in all future postings.....

LMAO!!!

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:11 PM
;D

yay

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
lol take it from me. there's no limit to the things that man can distort. Huh, oh-Kilted-Warrior <wink>

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
i dont know what you mean >:(

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
i COULD explain, but ;D I won't. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
and yes you do. LMAO
You're a funny one :)

I'm just joshin' ya anyways :)

Roughdawg4
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
What new rules does minna have that we dont?

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I think they're referring to the lack of gridlines on the green, the lack of wind speed (not even an arrow) and things like that.

I'm just going according to what I've heard -- I have no clue :)

Personally, I think they need to....

LISTEN UP CLAPHANZ (or whoever adds on the modifications)

LET US ADD RAIN AND/OR HEAVY WINDS TO GAMEROOMS, FFS!!!

cartman1337
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
RD: Quite a few, I think. Aside from the different points rules for promotion and relegation, they've got stuff like no wind gauge, no green lines, no power indicator, etc.

MasonR
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Things like No Aiming marker, no wind gauge, no distance to the hole, no super spins, Inside 2m/6ft, and a they make more use of the other rules as well, such as Eagle required and chip in required.

MasonR
02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
I've never seen a no green lines tournament, but I've heard it mentioned at least twice now.

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
okay dumb question time. (I refer to the blonde hair)

What the heck do you mean by aiming marker? lolol sorry but HUH!?

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
no wind/no marker icon / no remaining distance / no superspins

cartman1337
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
okay dumb question time. (I refer to the blonde hair)

What the heck do you mean by aiming marker? lolol sorry but HUH!?

You know, the triangle thing on the fairway, where you're aiming... :) Imagine aiming without it. ;)

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
oh my god. are you serious?!??!!? How the HECK do you MANAGE!?
Wow I wanna get minna just to see how BAD i'd be! lol

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
dont get minna just now

cartman1337
02-25-2009, 12:37 PM
You better pray you're right about what to expect tomorrow, Clint. It better be good, the way you're teasing us right now, or I'm guessing you'll see some rather angry comments tomorrow. ;D :D

OthersGirl
02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
why the heck not, clint?

MasonR
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
clint just remember that dead men don't tell lies. ;)

cartman1337
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
why the heck not, clint?

Based on his previous posts it seems he's in the opinion that after tomorrows update it might not be necessary... :-\

yunatidus4ever
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
then he must have had a good dream or something.

clint_westwood
02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
i think you should just stick with this for the time being, i have no idea what to expect tomorrow , just the trial cups to be taken out and moved to GF maybe ;D

kumanzc
02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
BTW unless its changed from previous weeks the Minna update will be tonight 8:00-11:00 EST (1 hour longer than normal), not tomorrow (as it is tomorrow in Japan now) so you should be able to see what they have done there later today.

gorgeousdre
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Finally figured out how Mason is getting money in the golf instructor off-season...

Kbongg
02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Hitman FTW!!!

and inter, was just a joke.

Euro's ALL - not expecting you to get it so did not bother illustrating date in your format or letting you know that it was the US version of date display. my bad.

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 03:16 AM
has anyone seen if thats the trial cups off yet..........is the maintenace today ???

cartman1337
02-26-2009, 03:46 AM
Maintenance is from 1PM to 4PM CET, according to the info when I logged on yesterday. That's 12PM to 3PM GMT. ;)

So we won't know for sure until after work...

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 03:53 AM
did it say 1pm but!!! or did it not say 1.00 -4.00 thus maybe thru the night instead of 13.00 - 16.00..........ohhh ohhhhhhhh well i have just sent a complaint ;D

Marrow_Farmer
02-26-2009, 03:54 AM
That's weird, when I logged in last night it said 1:00 - 4:00 GMT on the 26th (no mention of am or pm) so I figured it would be done by now!

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 04:00 AM
well i looked on this moring before coming to office and the maintenace text has been removed >:( >:(

and i still see trial cups

Marrow_Farmer
02-26-2009, 04:01 AM
That would appear to be the case, judging by the other thread on here from last night >:(

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 04:17 AM
im getting really fed up with this game now.............

erm..............straw clutching, remember last update it was early hours of friday before we seen okiawawawawa as the first G0 outwith the rubbish we get.........maybe just maybe they are filterring everything down and you will see changes when you are able to scroll past 0.00 GMT friday???.....

ohhhh who am i kidding >:(

OthersGirl
02-26-2009, 04:28 AM
yeah stupid hsg. whatever. :*( >:(

Marrow_Farmer
02-26-2009, 04:29 AM
im getting really fed up with this game now.............

erm..............straw clutching, remember last update it was early hours of friday before we seen okiawawawawa as the first G0 outwith the rubbish we get.........maybe just maybe they are filterring everything down and you will see changes when you are able to scroll past 0.00 GMT friday???.....

ohhhh who am i kidding >:(

Yes that would appear to be a mighty fine bit of straw clutching there Clint ;D

Roughdawg4
02-26-2009, 04:39 AM
lol the maint. was removed? Wow, that is all i can say to that

OthersGirl
02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
okay i just went on to golf. I dont see any changes. maintenance schmaintenance. Trials still there, yeah. My score glitch still there. (thanks for fixing that months ago cause *I* still have one) Idont see the benefit of that maintenance. Oh well. GRRRR

cartman1337
02-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Hmm... I'm going for an early "I told you so" on this one then... With the option to retract in the off chance that things improve after midnight. :-\

ghost33
02-26-2009, 07:41 AM
is it thursday?

clint_westwood
02-26-2009, 08:07 AM
yes it is , all the way till 23.59.59

ghost33
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
so was there any type of update judging by the posts it doesnt look like it what the deal fellas??

Roughdawg4
02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't know, I think the update was taken off the schedule

cartman1337
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
They didn't really say anything about an update in the first place, did they?

As far as I remember all they said was that the servers would be down for 3 hours due to "temporary maintenance"...

Analyzing that, the word "temporary" doesn't really suggest anything at all, and the word "maintenance" can only mean that they are working on maintaining our already piss poor schedule...

ghost33
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
i thought guys on this posts were insisting there might be an update?

cartman1337
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
i thought guys on this posts were insisting there might be an update?

Considering the conditions we're facing each day on the servers, can you blame us for grasping whatever straw of hope we come over? When seeing a notice about the servers being taken down for 3 hours (which is a pretty long time, actually) it's quite natural to assume that they must be updating something in that time...

Besides, the word "maintenance" can really mean anything, including an update... I too was hoping for something to happen, even if I didn't think it was going to be anything really good (hence previous statements), but considering the vagueness of the online notice I'm not surprised that nothing happened either... :(