PDA

View Full Version : What course is your weakness?

Scotty9678
03-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't mean "Crown" and that's it...I mean what course SHOULD you be better on but you never seem to pull it together when it matters most?

Personally, it's Safari - I think it has to do with the random 97%'s you get from the fairways and also some really crappy EARLY play that may have made it more of an issue in my head than anything else, but I cannot play there.

What about you guys?

fried_blowney
03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I've been checking my average scores per hole and i was a little shocked to see that my scores on Okinawa LT are rather g2-ish. Might have to do with the fact I haven't played it much lately or what, I'm not sure.

Optimus_Prime
03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I have problems with Okinawa (really) and Oceania LT. Okinawa has a lot of uphill approaches and I sometimes forget to take into account the uphill greens (so used to SBS), which sometimes results in longer putts than necessary. And Oceania LT because you're so tempted to go for shots like in RT, but the way the long tees are setup it's usually very dicey. I've gotten better at Oki, but I don't know if I have a good handle on Oceania LT yet. So I guess Oceania LT would be the one for me.

PyramidHead
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Silver Peaks no doubt. I know I can do better than I have been, but something about that course makes me think its harder than it really is, and I choke a lot.

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Crown's a piece of piss against rex.. The greens the GREENS! I have nightmares about them.. I used to regard myself as an ok putter, but rex just messes with my head and makes me do wrong.

kumanzc
03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
For me, its Okinawa and Safari. I honestly don't think the greens run as true as other courses. In other words they lie ;), stupid greens.

The-Dreamcaster
03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
although my 18 scores there are pretty good (-18 and -19, short tee and long tee respectively), Oceania is definitley my weak point and i sometimes hit rounds out of nowhere, but usually struggle. took me longer than peaks 9 in to get -10 or better on Oceania 9 out despite the eagleable par 4.

cars123456789
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
hard to say when your worse rd is 18 crown l tee but i say saf because of the 96 97 % u can get even with pi, sux.

cartman1337
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Oceania, any tee, is my weakest course, by far. I can do decent enough with dry conditions, but I've never been able to do better than -16 on any tee, and that's just not quite good enough on a course that is supposed to be as "easy" as Safari (where I have -20 PB)...

Add rain on Oceania and I'm COMPLETELY useless... I have been in a few rainy G0 tournaments there. In most I've water hazarded on hole 2, then timed out, those I have finished I don't think I've ever even broken par with rainy conditions! :o

So without a doubt, if there's a course I SHOULD be better on, it's definitely Oceania, and especially in rainy conditions...

Scotty9678
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Euro has the most LYING lies...but that's another topic

And GREX shouldn't be considered yet...give it another month - lol

clint_westwood
03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
okinawawawawawa

Roughdawg4
03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I hate Okinawa, I don't know what it is but I hate it. It always gets me in the end and it drives me crazy. I don't understand how a course so easy can be so hard.

Bo_oB
03-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Does long tee ALL count ??

If not then I would have to say uuummmmmmm

Silver peaks

Kbongg
Okinawa is by far the worst course for me as compared to other g0's (although i do have a g0 win at oki, so go figure).

Megaman80
okinawa :/

MasonR
03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
A tip for people who struggle at Okinawa (thanks scoots). Turn your TV brightness down to about half of what it is normally. It gets tough to see the green grid after about 5 meters while putting and I've found that I screw the pooch more often than not on long ones playing there if I haven't adjusted my television.

As for me, I'd say Oceania is more of a chore for me than any other place.

PyramidHead
03-01-2009, 12:13 PM
A chore Mace? I somehow doubt that...just messing with ya :)

Scotty9678
03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Since when are you two putting from that far away? lol

*Made a putt from exactly 20 meters today, that was fun...(I wish I knew what that translated to in the ole USA)

Optimus_Prime
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
vnp wp :D

Over 60ft, that's for sure.

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Very strange. I don't think there's anything hard about Oceania except for the eaglable par4 that always makes you try..

Scotty9678
03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Your overconfidence is my weakness.

Your faith in your putters is yours.

*I need to get out more.

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Your overconfidence is my weakness.

Your faith in your putters is yours.

*I need to get out more.

If that was for me, touche ;)

Marrow_Farmer
03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Okinawa definitley for me. I hate those down hill par 3's and the first par 5!

OthersGirl
03-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Probably a tie between Oki and Safari.

Okinawa (both reg and LT) ---> I dont know why such a SIMPLE course should be so hard but it kills me. Honestly, the greens sometimes seen so out of control... plus they are so light it's hard to see the grid and slope clearly. Yes i know, adjust my contrast on tv. I've TRIED that!!! To no avail. It still makes me nuts.

And Safari, for pretty much the same reason as everyone else... the fairways give terrible percentages even with perfect impact. Messes up the approach way too often. Also, there are a LOT of places inthe fairway that slope down too fast toward, ..... yes, you guessed it.... a BUNKER. lmao. Not to mention some of the rock cliff mountain things that just never fail to piss me off (even if i DO get around them almost every time.)

Between the two of them, I'd have to say -- I'd still MUCH rather play safari than oki.

:)

fried_blowney
03-01-2009, 01:46 PM
If I had it my way I'd get a bulldozer and flatten those stupid greens on Rex.

Mason_H
03-01-2009, 02:01 PM
if i had a choice id blow up all the mountains on silver peaks

interyernan
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
It's a toss up between Okinawa, Oceania and G-Rex for me. All three do me in with the colour saturation on the greens. G-Rex, even though i've been playing it for a while on minna, is a learning curve. Oceania should be easier but i can't seem to get it together for the full 18holes.

So for me it's Okinawa! It's the second easiest course FFS and one round i can shoot -22 with an intermediate in MOTG agaisnt scorpion and then the next round is shoot -16 with Gloria against cars in RA. For me the wind just doesn't play right sometimes 4mph cross seems to be 8 or 9 mph sometimes and it really gets on my nerves!

OthersGirl
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
All right people. We've got some issues to take care of with the courses in this game. But everything can be resolved by the creation and execution of a good action plan. So I got together with the Board of Directors and created a plan that we feel is workable. With some hard work and a little luck, we could have these changes in effect within the month and create a more enjoyable golfing experience. So here's the plan:

1. Grab a bucket of dye and darken up those oki greens. Or I dunno--open up that ol paintbrush program on the computer and pixel by pixel add some color so i can see the blasted dots! ::)

2. Employing proper safety measures, bomb the H E L L out of the mountains in Silver Peaks, and if Bjorn, Suzuki, Sonia, Maruyama, or LJ happen to get in the way... well..... we have a good death benefits plan to take care of their families! :P

3. Euthanize the barking dogs in Euro :D

4. Get some sandbags and create a border around the greens on Crown so the blasted ball stops rolling OFF the green. Either that or get Elmers to apply a fine layer of glue all across the green. :P

4. Get some woodsmen to come and CUT DOWN THE TREES in Grex. We mustn't forget to flatten the greens with a bulldozer for Fried ;)Also get a gun and SHOOT those clapping dinosaurs.

I believe if we take care of these problems, the game will just be oh so much better. <GRINS>

:) :D ;D ::) ;D :D :)

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Those of you who bitch about the Oki greens just haven't calibrated your screens correctly... Duuh.. ::)

Though I must add: Safari has the most troublesome par5s of all courses. Really more so than Crown, excluding #18.

Kbongg
03-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Also get a gun and SHOOT those clapping dinosaurs.

ruh roh raggy, that knocking at your door, its PETA!!!!! ;D

interyernan
03-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I've tried oki on 3 tv's using Dynamic, Normal, Movie, Game, Theatre and Custom settings - it all works out the same for me. Although i can see the dots to an extent i don't get iit as clearly as i do on other courses.

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
:(

Hmm. I don't have any problems.. Strange.

The key to calibrating your screen is to set the contrast to a point where you don't get white crush (you see different shades of white) and vice versa with brightness: not too low to avoid black crush (no grey shades or detail) but nor too high to make the black seem like grey. Though it mostly does, unless you have an LED display. Colours are more tricky... But key is to not let any colors blow out of proportion or oversaturate. Again, you need to be able to see different shades of a colour.

This way the dots/boxes/slope are easily distinguishable from the green.

p1um5mu991er
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
peta griffin?

safari, same as scotty's first post

random 97s and 98s

Dr_Amazak
03-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I struggle with Oceania because the greens are so damn unforgiving for it's difficulty level. Not even Peaks' green are as bad as Oceania's.

OthersGirl
03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm sure peta is something to do with animal protection or whatever. No one's looking out for the dogs on euro though, huh? LMAO

And i've tried to adjust the contrast etc on two different televisions. NOTHING WORKS. I'm like inter --- although i can see the dots, they just aren't anywhere near as visible as on other courses. and it's frustrating. :)

I agree about the par5s on safari BTW ---> except the par5 on crown.... on regular tee, if you drive far to the right --- and come up on green the back way -- as long as you hit the green at the right spot, the ball rolls right down toward the hole <very nice!> Cars taught me that path :) Hole 18 is the ONLY hole i've ever alby'd on crown -- twice -- and both times were using car's path :)) THANKS CARSY! GRRRR go to practice mode though, bc if you hit the wrong spot you're bouncing way off and down into the rough for a truly IMPOSSIBLE chip :) at that point, settle for the bird LOL

fried_blowney
03-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I can do that going at it the front way, OG. Just aim for the top part of the green and try to hit enough power to just get it there, and let it roll. I've left myself less than 6 feet quite a few times. IMO it's safer. That plus I can't get max turtle, only max rabbit. I still suck with turtles because i haven't got the delay down yet.

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I edited my prev. post. See there.

I admit that they are less visible but perfectly ok to play with..

Hmmm..

OthersGirl
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
not safer to me LOL -- and I only go that back way with expert --- and you dont need to rabbit OR turtle. To me, its a MUCH safer path :) I dont ever have to worry about hitting that blasted house using my path. :) (surprisingly, i OFTEN crashed the house the regular way GRRRR)

You can't use the way im talkign about very easily if yuo have a golfer that curves the ball to the right when shooting because of the tree in your way, but... once you land on that SUPER FLAT SPOT with NO SAND TRAPS :) (beautiful fairway spot) its just smooth sailing from there on out :)

guess everyone has a different path that they like ;)

Elektropop
03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Your system for crown 18 is ok.. Mine is better though :)

I always aim my drive so that the ball lies upslope for the 2nd. Fairly easy with Intermediates and up. If you have upslope you can get backspin with 4w and 3w stops within 1 meter, in ideal conditions. Even 1w's doable if you're far away..

Boosnickerty
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Crown, I can play just fine (for me anyway) for a couple of holes, then I fall apart on one of the holes. Not always the same hole, just always a hole that takes me from -4 to back to par or worse. I really hate those greens, no problems getting there, stopping the ball is another story.

cartman1337
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
not safer to me LOL -- and I only go that back way with expert --- and you dont need to rabbit OR turtle. To me, its a MUCH safer path :) I dont ever have to worry about hitting that blasted house using my path. :) (surprisingly, i OFTEN crashed the house the regular way GRRRR)

You can't use the way im talkign about very easily if yuo have a golfer that curves the ball to the right when shooting because of the tree in your way, but... once you land on that SUPER FLAT SPOT with NO SAND TRAPS :) (beautiful fairway spot) its just smooth sailing from there on out :)

I tried that way in the practice mode a few times, but I didn't really find any safe spots. Where I tried it was easy to roll of into the rough, and hard to reach unless you got 100% from lie. Plus on the approach shot there were quite a few trees in the way for me... I may be doing it wrong, but the only way that works for me is the regular way... But I haven't albyed that hole yet. Only alby I've got on Crown is #1...

I'd love a lesson on it anytime you're free though. ;)

XxghettoxX
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
okiwana is my BIG WEAKNESS every other course is good

Kbongg
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm sure peta is something to do with animal protection or whatever. No one's looking out for the dogs on euro though, huh? LMAO

And i've tried to adjust the contrast etc on two different televisions. NOTHING WORKS. I'm like inter --- although i can see the dots, they just aren't anywhere near as visible as on other courses. and it's frustrating. :)

I agree about the par5s on safari BTW ---> except the par5 on crown.... on regular tee, if you drive far to the right --- and come up on green the back way -- as long as you hit the green at the right spot, the ball rolls right down toward the hole <very nice!> Cars taught me that path :) Hole 18 is the ONLY hole i've ever alby'd on crown -- twice -- and both times were using car's path :)) THANKS CARSY! GRRRR go to practice mode though, bc if you hit the wrong spot you're bouncing way off and down into the rough for a truly IMPOSSIBLE chip :) at that point, settle for the bird LOL

you were going to euthanize the dogs, and that has such a nice sound to it ;)

Your welcome for the 18th trick (jess's route originally i think.)

cars123456789
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
yup i have help people on crown 18, but it was jess and kb who helped me on 18, what a dif it made i got 20 under on reg tee because of it, thaks jess kb. u guys rock

OthersGirl
03-02-2009, 05:48 AM

I tried that way in the practice mode a few times, but I didn't really find any safe spots. Where I tried it was easy to roll of into the rough, and hard to reach unless you got 100% from lie. Plus on the approach shot there were quite a few trees in the way for me... I may be doing it wrong, but the only way that works for me is the regular way... But I haven't albyed that hole yet. Only alby I've got on Crown is #1...

I'd love a lesson on it anytime you're free though. ;)

LOL Cartman, anytime -- happy to show you the path -- you're better off getting cars to show you though, because im kind of hit and miss with that shot. I'm horrically bad at crown. ;D Cars can nail that approach most times however. And yeah -- the spot of fairway im talking about -- i have only once ever rolled into rough and that was because of some rather violent wind behind me. I like it though. oh and super side spin avoids any trees whatsoever. I've only hit hte trees once :D Figures, it was when i was showing someone the path LOLOL

Elektropop
03-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey OhGee :)

Boo you heretics!

gorgeousdre
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Don't worry Elektro.
You are correct.
If you calibrate your TV properly you can see the lines just fine.
Even before I heard of people complaining about the lines on Okinawa I never once said to myself "Man, it's really hard to read the lines on this course."
Of course, I have spent over 10 hours calibrating my television and trying out different settings, so I would only hope that I could see everything perfectly.

Roughdawg4
03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Dude i hate the light graphics drives me nuts. Oceania is bad as well

XxghettoxX
03-02-2009, 11:43 AM
im color blind so oki is very bad to see cant even see impact zone but oceania is a bit better

yunatidus4ever
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
all of them.

Caribbeachbum
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Yuna and say "all of them." Seriously, I can find a way to self-destruct even on Highland RT, Anja Inf/Inf, light wind, and with a magic cup-homing ball.

But if I gotta name a course that truly tasks me, it's Oceania RT. Can't say why, but I do really hate the over-saturated colors and contrasts on the greens (and I have spent quite a few hours calibrating my TV -- Okinawa looks fine).

Elektropop
03-02-2009, 02:31 PM
That's true. The colors on Oceania are worse than Okinawa. Feels as if the course was made left-handed in some regard..

Team calibration sound good, Dre & Caribbeanbeachhunk? :)

reeja19
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Oceania is my least favorite course, but crown long tee is my weakness by far. Seeing that my personal best there is a pathetic 13 with all the rounds I have played there it is a glaring weakness for me.

the_smug_one
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Oceania is my least favorite course, but crown long tee is my weakness by far. Seeing that my personal best there is a pathetic 13 with all the rounds I have played there it is a glaring weakness for me.

I was the exact same way reej (which isn't surprising, similar stat buddy), and lived with a glaring -13 at Crown LT as my pb for the longest time. But I think it's all about getting into the zone at that course. One night, out of nowhere, I played it with Kratos pin / inf and busted out a -19. Still not sure what got into me.

Elektropop
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow, handling kratos like that? ... -19? You must be unhuman.. I've done -20 LT, but of course with Anya :P

reeja19
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
If I ever shoot a -19 on Crown Long tee Smug, I will pull a Dre retirement ;)

the_smug_one
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow, handling kratos like that? ... -19? You must be unhuman.. I've done -20 LT, but of course with Anya :P

Ha, funny thing is I actually had a riser fail on #18. (from the exact same spot I had a riser fail in my RT pb round, oddly enough). Honestly though, if you can really turn up the PI dial with Kratos, the guy can flat-out stroke it with the best of 'em.

Elektropop
03-02-2009, 03:24 PM
No man. It's not the PI that bothers me. It's his swing. It's like a horrifically distorted frequency response paragraph :)

I can't read it as i can with Anya for instance. 98/97 etc are fairly easily done.. With Kratos i can't play accurately.. Hmm maybe i should only use trad with him..?

:)

cartman1337
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Getting 96-97 with Kratos I find easier than with most other players. I love playing him, and I have a few PB's with him myself too. A few weeks ago I was playing Highlands 18H RT like crazy to beat my puny -21. Played with Kate, played with Anya, played with Gloria, couldn't break -21 (even with aceing #8 three times in 5 days!)... Brought out Kratos, got a -24 on the very first attempt... :)

gypsyball
03-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Crown, G-Rex, Oceania, and Silver Peaks are my weakest courses.

nitrofuel
03-08-2009, 03:27 AM
make a list there all on it ::)