PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything "better"...

Scotty9678
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
...Then in one of those "add-on" tournaments, (rough, sand, tree +2), when you do that add-on on the very first shot of the tournament? Oh man, that makes me love this game...doesn't it do the same for you?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

kumanzc
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Even better is when you do it on the first hole, claw your way back into the last podium spot and then on the last hole do it again. >:( :( :P

the_smug_one
03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
My favorite +2 moment had to be in a Minna G1 tour that was Gloria/Tree +2 at Highland.

I was on fire with a deag on #9 (to shoot -13 on the front) followed by an air spiral at #10. The beauty of tree +2 is that there isn't much "real" +2 risk since you've pretty much gotta sharp-shoot your way into a tree, particularly since the leafy parts won't even penalize you.

Anyway, I'm teeing off on the third par 5 and hit a perfect, full turtle just as I'd planned. However, right as I make impact I get this sick feeling in my stomach as I realize <b>I forgot to use a power boost.</b> Shot makes a hideous hook and lodges itself into a tree - end result is a +1 for unplayable on top of a +2 for my sharp-shooting skills. Next thing I know I am back on the same tee taking my fifth stroke and feeling pretty fantastic.

Ended up with an 8 on that hole but still shot -21 for the round (no pod of course). Good times.

Scotty9678
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't think I could sleep if that happened to me...

Kbongg
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow, yea. think i would feel bad on that one. nice bird on the comeback though.

zog66
03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
i prefer doing it twice on the same hole ( :D) nothing better than 4 extra strokes. oh man i can't stop.

J-Mod
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Ouch, smug. That's a great story. Really sums up the random, frustrating crap that can happen in this otherwise outstanding game.

Isn't it odd that your chances of hitting a tree seem to go up tenfold whenever it's Tree +2? I'm pretty sure I've "earned" the +2 tree penalty a handful of times despite only playing that rule maybe 20 times ever. There's no WAY I hit a tree 1 out of every 4 times I play this game. Not a chance.

gimli2112
07-31-2009, 06:56 AM
My best is waiting 15 minutes for a hit the tree and get disqualified tourney at Oceania.
15 Minutes trying to think where is there a tree on Oceania that I could possibly hit and get DQd.
Well there is one LT Hole 1 right in the centre of the fairway. Forgot which way LJ hits it and put it smack in the middle of it.

Marrow_Farmer
07-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Last night Peaks, Krapos, LT, rough +2. First shot rough AAAAAAARGHHHHHHH!

Still I did manage to finish ace, alby on 17 and 18 to sneak a pod, more than made up for it :D

Elektropop
07-31-2009, 07:04 AM
My best is waiting 15 minutes for a hit the tree and get disqualified tourney at Oceania.
15 Minutes trying to think where is there a tree on Oceania that I could possibly hit and get DQd.
Well there is one LT Hole 1 right in the centre of the fairway. Forgot which way LJ hits it and put it smack in the middle of it.

Hehe.. Now that's quite funny actually :)

Miill
07-31-2009, 07:47 AM
+2 bunkers, when that's on they are magnets. I managed even to find a very tiny bunker in a huge fairway somewhere on Highland.