PDA

View Full Version : How about a tour?

cartman1337
10-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Ok, so we have the ladder. We have match play. We have a league. We have the ryder cup, and the best of the best are working on a champions cup thing.

How about a tour?

I haven't really watched much golf in my life, but I know that many (most?) tournaments are played out over several days, going several rounds on a course, the winner being decided by overall score. Then you have tours, playing several courses (multiple times?) over time, to have a winner decided in the end.

Would anyone be interested in something like that? Say a 3 or 4 week tour, playing in weekends for most to have the chance to participate.

For instance (just examples);
Week 1:
Friday @ 6PM EST: Highlands 18H reg tee
Friday @ 7PM EST: Highlands 18H long tee
Saturday @ 6PM EST: Crown Links 18H reg tee
Saturday @ 7PM EST: Crown Links 18H long tee

Week 2:
Friday @ 6PM EST: Okinawa 18H reg tee
Friday @ 7PM EST: Okinawa 18H long tee
Saturday @ 6PM EST: Oceania 18H reg tee
Saturday @ 7PM EST: Oceania 18H long tee

Week 3:
Friday @ 6PM EST: Euro 18H reg tee
Friday @ 7PM EST: Euro 18H long tee
Saturday @ 6PM EST: Silver Peaks 18H reg tee
Saturday @ 7PM EST: Silver Peaks 18H long tee

Week 4:
Friday @ 6PM EST: Safari 18H reg tee
Friday @ 7PM EST: Safari 18H long tee
Saturday: Playoffs if necessary

Setup could be setting up as many 8 people game rooms as necessary and have the results posted here. Standard rules in all game rooms (of course there would be a slight change in weather conditions for people in one game room compared to the other, but then the weather can change from player to player in real life too).

A tour such as this would find a winner that is best on all courses overall. A lot of the G0s are very good at the 3 last courses, but might lose to a G1 on Safari due to lack of play time there, etc.

So what do you think? Is there any interest for something like this? Just an attempt for another format to bring more fun to this great game. Maybe Morpheous could find a prize for this too, if there's enough interest? ;)

clint_westwood
10-03-2008, 07:35 AM
yeah for sure cartman...........for sure.

i think we just need to see out the ryder cup comp first though.

eventually i would like a ranking system for a ryder cup thing to get people to participate in the ladder.

i dont play a lot of ladder at night and its lazy its because i cant be bothered putting laptop on and logging in result, i sit with this thing all day as it is. and no i aint quitting EGWT and doing thru PS3 either..

i was thinking to get the ladder used more and more(including me ) there should be cut off point say for instance 31st october and then the top 16 will split in to two groups where odds make up one team of 8 and evens make up the other for HSG team showdown, position 1 and position 2 become captains.

Morpheus
10-03-2008, 07:50 AM
thats a nice approach.

Roughdawg4
10-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I like the idea it sounds great.

I agree with clint that maybe you should wait til the ryder cup is done so we can free up more time slots. But you probably need that time to spread the word and get signups anyway.

Morpheus
10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
and of course i like that it would generate a significant amount of ladder activity!

cartman1337
10-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, these games could easily be combined with ladder. As for that; why aren't you playing more ladder at the moment, Morpheus? ;)

Waiting until the Ryder Cup is finished is of course a good idea. In the mean time I'll check out the interest in the other forum etc. too. :)

Morpheus
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, these games could easily be combined with ladder. As for that; why aren't you playing more ladder at the moment, Morpheus? ;)

i know...been double-timing it at work, and when i do get on to play with everyone, i forget about mentioning the ladder while in the lobby...yeah, gotta do better.

Roughdawg4
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah I tried mentioning in the season 1 week game and I couldn't get anyone to play a ladder match with me.

BeEmerson
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd like to start getting involved in ladder matches and Ryder Cup matches but I'm not sure how to do it. Do you just ask someone if they want to play a ladder match? Or does it have to go through the proper channels and show up on a scheduled list of matches?

cartman1337
10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
You can just ask in the lobbies for a ladder match, or you can challenge at this site. If you want to get started then asking in the lobbies is the best way. If/when you see me, just ask and I'll be more than happy to take a match with you. :)

As for Ryder; if you're from USA you'll have to wait for the next one, if you're from Europe or Canada then maybe Interyernan will consider you for one of the two open spots at the moment. If so, just PM him or something. AFIK there's still an open call for alternates on the Euronadian team. ;)

interyernan
10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi emerson, i like cartman will take you up on the offer of a ladder match. if you see me in the lobby and there are no G0 tourneys just ask.

I think emerson might be american, but i may be wrong. If you're not or you mums, fathers brothers uncle twice removed was from england, or you're shacked up with a euronadian send me a message.

Roughdawg4
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Shacked up with a Euronadian.

That sounds dirty :)

BeEmerson
10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes I am thoroughly American. I eat Wendys for lunch every day in Toledo, Ohio. Its a very glamorous existence for me. ;) For various reasons however, I wish I were Euro/Canadian at the moment. :-\ At any rate I won't hesitate to challenge a ladder match from now on. I'm usually in the clubhouse on weeknights from 7 to midnight and weekends all dayish. Hopefully I'll prove to be a worthy captains pick on the next Ryder Cup team. Thanks Inter and Cartman for the replies.

Roughdawg4
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey you stay active, I will have no problem picking you for the next team. I like to pick people that are active on the forum over anybody else.

phinsfan10
10-03-2008, 11:51 PM
we need to set up some things that are only on weekends. I work 10 hour days and now I am working 11 hours of overtime on fridays. All of these leagues and trnys are set up for weekdays so I have no chance at playing. There has to be some people who cant get online during the week so what do u guys think?

cartman1337
10-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I have no problems making this a weekend thing... People are usually more flexible in the weekends, so it should be easier for people from all time zones to find something that works.

clint_westwood
10-04-2008, 05:54 AM
nice one cartman, yeah weekends are the dogs baws!!

sitting having lunch, golf cancelled this morning....too wet. and wife out all day helping her freinds move house...... i'm sitting playing the JP version and getting the special prizes that are on offer this week.....

ElectroFox
10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmm, ok this tournament looks interesting and quite suits me the most. The ladder is hard for me to find people to play, the league timing is difficult, and I sux at matchplay.

So let us know more detail for this. If its happening then i'm in.

interyernan
10-08-2008, 04:21 AM
I'll sign up for anything with this game.

reeja19
10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll sign up for anything with this game.

Agreed, count me in.

KRONZZZ
10-29-2008, 09:54 PM
can i get in on this or am i to late ???

Rageire18
10-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Hi everyone, i would like to intrduce myself and say i am willing to play some games on EGWT. I've been playing EG since it first came out with my friend on his system but i have just moved to Spain from the UK so i've bought my own PS3 so we can play online...My playtimes are mainly evenings once the kids are in bed ( around 9pm gmt+ ) I am pretty sure my friend would be interested in some games also but he is on hols atm so havent asked him yet. Anything you want to know or to arrange a game let me know here or send me a message :)

Cheers.

Rage

Ragefire18
10-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Changed my profile so my name is actually spelled correct now ::)