PDA

View Full Version : Hole 2

Roughdawg4
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM
a

Miill
03-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Another option I sometimes use, is to aim left between the wooden houses to the fairway left of the river. Which leaves mostly a SW or PW shot to the green. It depends on the pin position when to use it.

Marrow_Farmer
03-25-2009, 07:21 AM
If trying a Turtle, make sure you only do a red power up (blue could get very wet) ;D

I wish that hole was later in the round as you would have a better idea on weather to take the gamble or not.

Dr_Amazak
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Long Tee: The shortcut isn't really going to work on this hole. Try
hitting the ball on the right fairway. It is pretty simple and it there
is no obstacles to avoid. Win win.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHth9GVpEVs#

OthersGirl
04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
[posted previously by MasonR]
You'd need someone with very high Sidespin (or Kratos's draw) to have a repeatedly drive #2 without a turtle. I'd rather go with the turtle to be honest. 300 base, red power, aim at the tree that's at 290ish on the right, 97% power, release full turtle and you'll be near the bottom of the green with a pretty simple putt regardless of pin.

OthersGirl
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Hhttp://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44/hsgphotos/Newsletter%20Graphics/OforHOLESPOTLIGHT-1-1.pngle Spotlight
Euro: Hole 2 Contributed by MasonR

[color=navy]Regular Tee
Make your decision before you hit, either lay up or "go for it" and attempt to drive the green.

[size=3]The Lay-Up
The 240y marker is a good place to aim, have your shot roll down to the left for a flatter lie. You can knock it up to around the 270y marker for a <60y pitch. If there's a fierce wind coming from the left, or you character hits a fade shot, you might consider laying up if you're not fully comfortable with hitting a full turtle shot. There's almost no reason to lay up way to the right, unless you're using Trad with a Novice and Beginner Equipment. The approach here is straightforward, I'd recommend STS for any pin in the back, only one to be careful of here is if the pin is right under the bunker, if so play a little past the pin, the putt from there is easy.

Going For It
Almost a complete no-go for a novice character, unless you hit a huge one with Sophie/Sackboy, but with an Expert/Intermediate, take out your big stick and knock one out there. I would suggest a turtle approach every time here. Our neutral aim point off the tee (*neutral means the line w/out wind consideration) is the cluster of 3 trees at around 290y off the right side of the fairway. If you pull off a full turtle your ball will shape right into the green. If you're using an expert with 290y or more base distance, stick with RED power, blue might blow you over the green and OB/WH.

If you want to sidespin around the buildings, you'll want at least a C spin stat and PI is a must. If you miss it, chances are you'll end up OB somewhere along the real estate. You'll also need a healthy blue boost or some good wind to get all the way there without a turtle. A good aim point here would be just down the right side of the left building...PI PI PI. Surely don't try this with someone who hits a fade.

Long Tee
Aim out to the right...going left only makes for a much longer and much tougher second, and that's if you keep it in the fairway. Right right right, always right. Blast a driver or 3w to a preferable yardage to avoid a tweener shot, and keep the wind in mind. If you can angle your drive so that your approach is directly downwind, or directly into the wind, you've taken a lot of work off your plate. For your approach, whatever you're most comfortable with, you can play almost any shot here given that you've a wedge in hand.

Long Tee sucker method:
You can attempt to turtle over or water-skip your tee shot up to the cartpath that leads to the green. It's possible to actually reach the green with an expert, although very unlikely. You'll see more water hazards and balls stuck in a tree stump than anything else, but it's fun to try.

This Hole Spotlight was featured in issue 1 of HSG.COMmunity (our current events newsletter). You can see past issues by visiting this board:
http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/board,259.0.html