PDA

View Full Version : Hole 8

Roughdawg4
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
a

dirtdog91
03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Long Tee Option#2: On the left side of the fairway there is a row of trees and behind them is a green for another hole, aim for the middle of that green, approximately 272 yards (dont overdrive the green), once on the green your ball will then be moved to the fringe (no penalty), that leaves you with a 158 yard slight uphill (1.8y^) shot to the pin.

cartman1337
03-25-2009, 08:52 AM
On this one I actually prefer to lay up in front of the house. Club down to about 220y on reg tee (~230 on long) and hit it straight to the fairway in front of you. No risk of hitting tree or bunker, and the chance of hitting rough is quite low too, as long as you aim to the left of the fairway (rolls to the right, so aim higher to not roll off the fairway). With the distance from that point to the house it's hardly ever a problem to avoid the house on the approach, except maybe with some character that draws (or fades on long tee). It's an easier approach too, with less chance of rolling off into the water, which will be on the right of your approach, instead of on top of it... Just add a little extra power to make up for the elevation, and not roll into the bunker in front of the green...

Dr_Amazak
03-31-2009, 03:41 PM
The best approach for me, and Vichellicious gets full credit for showing me this, is to aim your drive to the alternate green on the right. It's the best option for those with high trajectory (Alex, Dino, Anya, Gloria) and it avoids that house that blocks the green, and the risk of the ball rolling down to the rough around the 300 yd mark. Not recommended for Novices, though.

MasonR
03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Another condition-specific opportunity here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usDd0JjpNU&feature=channel_page#