PDA

View Full Version : Hole 14

Roughdawg4
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
aa

Miill
03-26-2009, 04:17 AM
If you're not sure with the water, you can take a other fairway way to the left (regular tee). The aim is over some bushes, but the fairway is nicely wide (the one with 2 big boulders). Only problem can be, is the tree by the green.
There is also a big lag in the game when you play this.

the_smug_one
03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
For both regular and long tee, I would suggest a rabbit / turtle to go over the water. Even a novice character that has decent distance should be able to pull this off. I've noticed that a couple of guides for Oceania holes seem to recommend water skipping. While this is often a possibility, I'm not sure this should be part of a general strategy considering there is a very good chance of getting a water skip fail or ending up in the nasty rough that lines the water.

rinoshark
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
ooh, stratagy?? i have two diff approaches. i never try to skip the water unless a pts match. so i tend to lay up. only if pin is by tree on right side of green. any other location, i take other fairway(approach is straight down hill, no left to right) just flop one on the green and let it trickle to the hole

MasonR
03-31-2009, 01:13 PM
More water skipping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a871FNzGUo4&feature=channel_page#

OthersGirl
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
[Posted by J-Mod in different topic]

Most people layup short of the water and go for the long uphill approach shot. I try to clear the water with a rabbit/turtle 99% of the time (unless it's long-tee, novice-only in the rain, maybe). I've come up short a handful of times, and it's water skipped every time. It sure is scary when you see that ball hitting the water, but for some reason, I ALWAYS get that bounce. What a sigh of relief! In fact, I can't remember ever plunking my ball in that water. The fairway on the other side is nice and wide, so I say "Let that turtle fly!"