PDA

View Full Version : game saves from gamefaqs (mace)

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 05:21 AM
I saw the game saves from Mace on the gamefaqs site. However, i don't know how to apply them. Any help? Thanx.

M.

cartman1337
11-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Put the save on a USB stick, put the stick in the PS3. Then go to Game Save Data (or whatever it's called), open the USB stick there, then copy the save from the stick to your hard drive.

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 05:47 AM
I'll give it a shot, thanx for the quick reply.

clint_westwood
11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
yeah what cartman said

interyernan
11-10-2008, 07:32 AM
My copy of minna turned up this morning. So look out for my slightly different PSN id when i'm in the Japanese lobbies. Are you ready for this cos is quite different from my current id....................................
inter_yernan.

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 07:56 AM
4 hours for the online updates wasn't an exaggeration either! Mines has been going 2.5 hours and its only at 48%!!

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
dude...there's over 2000 people online at their server!! wow. :o

rowdybusch
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
dude...there's over 2000 people online at their server!! wow. :o

Holy crap, that is insane....

Does that mean I have to get a copy on Minna no Golf now?

Roughdawg4
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
yeah I heard tournies fill up in minutes.

interyernan
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to it, i'm not gonna download on option file though, so it could take me a bit of time to get online ready. I've compiled this great little spread sheet to work through everyones loyalty - sad i know but i get very bored at work. The moment my Jap PSN card comes through and i get my hands on Gloria and Alex everything should be rocking.

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
these G3's play like freakin' G1's and G0's!!!

rowdybusch
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
these G3's play like freakin' G1's and G0's!!!

They probably are... multi accounts

clint_westwood
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
G3 is like G2 in HSG

the_smug_one
11-10-2008, 12:19 PM
G3's on Minna are better than OOB G2's, and Minna G2's are better than OOB G1's. The one grade differential is a good rule of thumb, but the talent gap is actually a bit larger than that. This extends across all grades, as my OOB G0 pod rate is substantially higher than my Minna G1 pod rate.

As an FYI, you don't need to create a new PSN ID to play Minna. It's actually helpful to stick with your current ID so that other OOB ex-pats can more easily recognize you.

buckpasser
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Anyone know where to get the latest japanese to english translation?

Wow these Japanese are gooooooooooddddd!!!!!!!!!!. I'm not even a competitive G2 as I have been demoted twice. I am a medium G1 in HSG. Tourneys are almost always full and that is really fun! I'm two weeks playing and I need to improve my player loyalties and that should help me be a little more compettitive.

Morpheus
11-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey Buck!! You were actually in the two games G3 tourneys i played on today (my first ones ever!). Yeah, those G3's were definetly a notch up on our G3's!

Welcome to the HSG Community, and I look forward to seeing you on the links some more!

M.

interyernan
11-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Okay guys i got Minna delivered yesterday and played it pretty much most of last night, sorry that's why i didn't turn out for league - i'll be there on Wednesday to host a couple of games for people. Last night i managed to unlock, High reg and LT, Okinawa reg and LT, Euro reg and LT and Safari Reg, I've maxed loyalty with Jasmine, Alex, Sophie and Suzuki got Bjorn and Sasha on 7 loyalty. I don't intend on going online with this until i have maxed loyalty with everyone and have purchased the extra characters and got loyalty with them. If anyone wants me to post a complete option file on here let me know, it should'nt take me more than a week to do and that way you can go online with maxed out loyalty and it will show you starting rank as G3 as opposed to a rank you've wouldn't have acheived yet. Let me know.

clint_westwood
11-11-2008, 05:13 AM
hee hee, i got demoted from G1 due to the new points change............but 8 games later in G2 i got back to G1 wahooo!!!

had to shoot -19 on euro with nick (reg tee) and i only won by 1 shot.

what i will say is that anyone who is an average G1 player on HSG will probably keep yo-yoing from G2 to G3 in japan........but you know what, who cares..........the japanese version is far more fun, more diversity in competitions and they have more event collaborations.

my tip for anyone on G3 or maybe G2 is believe it or not avoid highlands............these guys are awesome on it, yes i know its an easy course bit even by birdieing all holes and eagles at the par 5's which gives you -22 or maybe -23 if you eagle hole 6.........it still may not be enough as they seem to ace the par 3s over there!

i had -22 in a G1 tour a while back and did not pod!!

Morpheus
11-11-2008, 07:44 AM
what i will say is that anyone who is an average G1 player on HSG will probably keep yo-yoing from G2 to G3 in japan........but you know what, who cares..........the japanese version is far more fun, more diversity in competitions and they have more event collaborations.

Yours truly :)

But yes, the competition is good.

cartman1337
11-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Okay guys i got Minna delivered yesterday and played it pretty much most of last night, sorry that's why i didn't turn out for league - i'll be there on Wednesday to host a couple of games for people. Last night i managed to unlock, High reg and LT, Okinawa reg and LT, Euro reg and LT and Safari Reg, I've maxed loyalty with Jasmine, Alex, Sophie and Suzuki got Bjorn and Sasha on 7 loyalty. I don't intend on going online with this until i have maxed loyalty with everyone and have purchased the extra characters and got loyalty with them. If anyone wants me to post a complete option file on here let me know, it should'nt take me more than a week to do and that way you can go online with maxed out loyalty and it will show you starting rank as G3 as opposed to a rank you've wouldn't have acheived yet. Let me know.

As much as a maxed out save would be sweet, people don't really deserve it. I'm 7-8 months into this game, and I still haven't maxed out all players... People should have to play for the loyalty, like anybody else, IMHO.

As far as online rank goes; don't think about that as something to prevent you from going online now. Even if you reach G0 and give your save to someone else, they'll start with G3 when they go online with it. The game detects that the data has been copied from a different profile than that of the user using it, displays a message about it, then reset the online stats. Not only that, all special achievements, like the lobby avatar prizes for first hole-in-one, riser, spiral, homing, chip-in, what-have-you, are erased from the profile as well. How do I know this? Because I copied my game save from one profile to another when I started out a new account some time ago... ;)

In other words; it doesn't matter how much you play online with your game save now. No one else will be able to exploit it anyway. The player loyalty and course scores remain, though...

buckpasser
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Morpheus

Hey thanks for writing. That we weren't at our best was evident but I have been in tourneys both g2 and G3 that I played lights out for me and didn't see the pod players the whole round. This is definitely a challenge.

Buck

Morpheus
11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
As much as a maxed out save would be sweet, people don't really deserve it. I'm 7-8 months into this game, and I still haven't maxed out all players... People should have to play for the loyalty, like anybody else, IMHO.

Ditto that what cartman said.

I did, HOWEVER, greatly appreciate the game save from mace over at gamefaqs. I just got my game yesterday and was hype to get online and experience the online world immediately!! His game save has most characters unlocked (i don't think anya is) and only one or two of them maxed. The loyalty for the rest are all fairly low, many still at zero. So, although a lot of work still needs to be put in for the loyalty, i must admit that i was appreciative of at least having the characters already unlocked so i could start playing tourneys right away.

interyernan
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Played all last night didn't notice it, first game tonight jsut realised that the ghost ball doesn't appear to be there when i chip from under 15yards away. Is this right or do i have one of the settings turned off?

BeEmerson
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
You have to online to trigger the update. The ghost ball and the above-the-head putting view (which I use on every putt) will then be a part of the game after the restart. I was truely miffed when I fired up the game and these features were missing but the update abides.

MasonR
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
You need to go online and install the updates to get the ghost ball, Int.

I wouldn't recommend waiting until all characters are maxed either, it'll take much longer than a week and really isn't worth it. Anything more than 4 Loyalty is good to go as far as I'm concerned.

interyernan
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I've gone online and installed all the updates but still no ghost ball, very strange. I seem to have this plan in mind to get everyone up to max loyalty - it won't work cause i'm eager to get online and test my might as it is so i will probably just get everyone up to 4 like u suggest and go on then. Cheers for the advice mason.

Roughdawg4
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah loyalty is overrated. If you are a great player 4 is all you need for special shots.

MasonR
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Well keep in mind that if you're far enough away from the green the ghost ball won't show up. Other than that it should be there.

Another thing about loyalty, when you sign up for a tournament and you have 10 mins or so, go jack up loyalty via the Anya match, you'll be surprised at how fast it can go. Two-seams got Kratos from 0 to Lv 4 in less than 15 minutes the other day before a tournament. Also don't play gamerooms with anyone that's already maxed.

Of course that's not to say you shouldn't max out your go to characters. Like for my game I had Sophie, Suzuki, Fernando, Alex, Kate and Anya maxed within the first week or so, because I knew I'd be playing a lot with them.

And RD, KOS-MOS owns. :)

Roughdawg4
11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
thank you :)

She is the ultimate badass.

clint_westwood
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
just a quick note on a fun G1 tour on minna thins morning......hows this for sick fun....

safari Reg 18 fernando........with no marker icon , as to where you were aiming , now the par 3's were ok but try judging say a 270 y drive not knowing if 270y is past the bunker or right in it as .....oh and yes there are also no markings on the fairways off the tee either, alround good fun, finished just outside the pods with -10 and -14 won it

note to dawg, dawg you hate G0 because of the 3 courses thing and rain etc.... and i guess it must haev been worse for some of you guys because at one poin you only had SP and crowns , where as when i got to g0 oceania was available......anyway you would love minna mate, its everything that you have probably wanted in the international version

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
safari ........with no marker icon.........no markings on the fairways off the tee either

WICKED!!!!

MasonR
11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
At the very beginning we didn't even have Peaks tournaments, clint. Crown all day every day. ^^

the_smug_one
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Mason forgot to mention that in the old days, OOB G0's had to walk through the snow all the way to the Crown Links clubhouse AND back while barefoot (going uphill both ways).

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 05:16 AM
lol nice one........

ahh them good old days!!!