PDA

View Full Version : 11/13 Online Update Notice

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
BUG FIX:
We've addressed the scoring bug that was occurring in the online stroke mode.

NEW:
'Voice chat' is now available for online match play mode.

PROJECT FAIRWAY:
We continue to roll out more items for Hot Shots Golf OOB fall fashion line. Hop on over to the PlayStation Store for a broad new costume selection for Sonia, Felipe, Kate, Dino, and Suzuki

FYI, this update took me less than 30 minutes.
M

rowdybusch
11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Nice,

This is an interesting update.

I hope it actually repairs the scoring bug that many of you have run into.
It could actually pave the way for that leaderboard stuff and regenerate the online gameplay.

Voice chat sound like fun too, "Matchplay" only though? I guess it has to be tested first...

interyernan
11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm up for a bit of matchplay trash talk, who's in?

reeja19
11-13-2008, 10:33 AM
How long is the update going to be?

cartman1337
11-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Didn't they fix the scoring glitch with the previous update? I haven't seen it since then, at least... ???

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
How long is the update going to be?

Took me less than 30 minutes.

reeja19
11-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Cool, they did already fix the scoring glitch so I am not sure what that is about again Cartman.

rowdybusch
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Cool, they did already fix the scoring glitch so I am not sure what that is about again Cartman.

They stopped it from occuring

But they didn't fix the scores for the people it had already happend to.

That is the way I understand it anyways.

cartman1337
11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
:o

I'll be VERY impressed if they've actually managed to FIX the scores of those affected by the scoring glitch. That would mean that the correct scores are actually saved somewhere, and I very much doubt that... If they meant a score reset function, I think they would've written that...

But well, we'll see soon. ;)

rowdybusch
11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm up for a bit of matchplay trash talk, who's in?

When I update, I won't get to play until Friday more than likely
But I'm in!

KRONZZZ
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

I applied the update but i dont see the new costumes in the PS Store ... Are they out yet?

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't see them either....good question.

Roughdawg4
11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
BUG FIX:
We've addressed the scoring bug that was occurring in the online stroke mode.

NEW:
'Voice chat' is now available for online match play mode.

PROJECT FAIRWAY:
We continue to roll out more items for Hot Shots Golf OOB fall fashion line. Hop on over to the PlayStation Store for a broad new costume selection for Sonia, Felipe, Kate, Dino, and Suzuki

FYI, this update took me less than 30 minutes.
M

Voice Chat huh. I don't know if this will be a good thing or a bad thing :)

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I think Match Play is the ONLY smart way to do it. Anything else would just be havoc!

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
or maybe with JUST your buddies/friends, but not with anyone in a tourney or lobby....

Roughdawg4
11-13-2008, 11:08 AM
yeah with friends, but can you imagine tied in a game last hole. A nice approach shot can seal the deal, you bring back your swing and just before you hit the ball someone yells

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cars123456789
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
yup should be just friends for v chat i think. this could be bad idea some people have no respect so we see what its like

cars123456789
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
lol bro

cartman1337
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't have a head set, nor do I intend to get one, so I really couldn't care less about the voice chat thing... Bring me something useful, damn it!

interyernan
11-13-2008, 11:20 AM
First thing i'm gonna do is give cars a load of trash talk and try and get rino involved in some dirty talk!

reeja19
11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
lol, I think this will finally give me a chance against you both, cars and interyernan.

Morpheus
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
chat also good for helping other players in their shots....instead of trying to type tips to them...

"more to the left...downslope...."

reeja19
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but how does the schedule for g0 look tonight?

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
i am going to get a headset and get some strokeplay in as i have some freinds who are g2 and i think by talking them thru shots that i will help them?? what do you think?

but yeah can you imagine it was a free for all dawg and it was G0, me and you on the 18th im needing a birdie to win and all i hear in my headset is you " yes fking eagle , get in there my son.......get it up ye eddie".........as you scream and holler down the headset as i turtle my approach into the bunker!!!!

that would be carnage!!!

cartman1337
11-14-2008, 06:21 AM
i am going to get a headset and get some strokeplay in as i have some freinds who are g2 and i think by talking them thru shots that i will help them?? what do you think?

but yeah can you imagine it was a free for all dawg and it was G0, me and you on the 18th im needing a birdie to win and all i hear in my headset is you " yes fking eagle , get in there my son.......get it up ye eddie".........as you scream and holler down the headset as i turtle my approach into the bunker!!!!

that would be carnage!!!

Well, Clint, if that ever happened you would have deserved it for being stupid enough to not take off your headset during that crucial moment... ;) If you want peace; just remove the headset and put it under a pillow or something. Ain't worse than that...

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 06:36 AM
hey i wonder if my bluetooth motorola car kit thing will work??

interyernan
11-14-2008, 06:51 AM
that's what i use at the moment clint, until the official ps3 one comes out in a couple of weeks that is. been having a good crack with some of the german lads on pro evo - they don't like to lose!

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 06:55 AM
yeah and they will steal your sunbed at 7.30 am as well matey!!

interyernan
11-14-2008, 06:58 AM
I've never mentioned the war though! Not yet anyway!

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 06:59 AM
get right into them, im going to try my thing when i get home then!!

interyernan
11-14-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm really pleased you're gonna try your "thing", but if you haven't figured out how to use it after 30 years mate one afternoon might not be enough time. Good luck with the headset too.

rowdybusch
11-14-2008, 07:04 AM
:D LMAO

clint_westwood
11-14-2008, 07:06 AM
haaa......

thing is mines is on loudspeaker for car , i think i may go out and get a headset today.

kinda makes it more fun and personal as you get to know people over a period of time.

i wont be using it with "off the cuff matchplay games", just those that are friends i think!!

heres the thing that will be interesting, i bet ya (i may be wrong) there are a few blokes posing as girls in their ID for attention......wonder if they are up for a bit of matchplay chat......

bit scary though when she says "nice shot" in a voice of james earl jones :o

cartman1337
11-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Have they "fixed" more than they've said, or am I just missing something?

I just did a game room, 18H reg tee at Safari with Sonia (who looks damn HOT in her new outfit :P ), and I shot a very nice hole-in-one on hole 12, one of those with perfect power and direction, just making the center of the cup with just enough power to fall in without hitting the pin... Later I got a 12y chip-in-eagle at hole 18. Fearing that maybe only the latter had been saved, I rushed over to the replay section, and THE HORROR; not ONE of them had saved. The last one was from November 12th, and the three last ones were all 8-15y short chips. My 170y hole-in-one didn't overwrite any of those? WTF? Otherwise, the list was quite full, but doesn't new chip-ins always overwrite the shortest of the old ones? Have they suddenly removed this feature, without giving us a word of warning??? ARGH!

Or am I just missing something. I know for sure that it wasn't big cup, and I can't remember seeing a "Unofficial" stamp over the results screen at the end either. Are there any other game room settings that will turn off the autosave function, that I wasn't aware of? It was a real play game, not a match (I know replays don't save in those, sadly enough; I've missed a couple of nice eagles because of forgetting about that before too), and I thought only the big cup setting would make it unofficial/not autosaving. Am I missing something, or have they actually "fixed" the overwrite issue, so that when you make another chip and already have a full list, then it won't save at all?