PDA

View Full Version : No free t-shirt

rinoshark
11-23-2008, 05:26 PM
i have never played so long and hard at one thing as i have to make level 17 in hsg oob! finally seeing that big ticket on the screen w/ a shiney 17 left me teary eyed, and a little disappointed that it was all i was gonna get, and it was going away when i pushed X. ??? :( I have 2 wins, 2 seconds, and a pod in my last ten tourneys, so maybe 18 will come a little sooner.

rowdybusch
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats on LVL17 rino!

clint_westwood
11-24-2008, 06:11 AM
well done rino, lv 18 in no time at all for you i think!!

the_smug_one
11-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I've been having a ton of fun on Minna, but I'm also tempted to shoot for a level 18 on OOB (think I'm still 3 wins away). Problem is that by the time I get home from the office (~10pm EST) the OOB G0's don't usually seem to fill, which makes Minna that much more attractive (well that, and the fact that RobG isn't someone I have to interact with on Minna).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to play either version over the weekend (had to participate in actual social interaction... shudder) and I'll only have a little time tonight and tomorrow to play it for the rest of this week (will have more non-HSG social interaction... shudder again), but hopefully people will stick around past 10pm EST to at least fill a tournament or two.

KRONZZZ
11-25-2008, 12:59 PM
how many games can you go without a pod in g0 to get demoted lol ...Im really enjoying the competition in g0 and have come close to a pod a few times but i no i need to step my game up some to pod. Is it 30 games or 40? Also did any of you g0's have a transition period where you thought you werent gonna last in g0? Im thinking the nasty conditions we get in our tourneys will actually help me reach a higher level as time gos on.

interyernan
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
You need to get 2 points in 40 games to stay a G0 for a further 40 games. This equals 2 pods of 3rd or better or 1 second place (3 points) or 1 win (4 points). Stick with it mate it gets easier, i found the better the competition you're playing with the better you start playing. Try playing a few game rooms with me and cars and some of the other guys you may start seeing routes rounds courses you hadn't thought of before that may help you shave a couple of shots off your round scores. Cars and i are always online so just ask for a game room and if there aren't many tourns on we'll generally do the game rooms.

Roughdawg4
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
actually I think you need 4 points in 40 games.

So you need 2 2nd's or 3rd's

Or you need 1 1st place finish.

interyernan
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok guys does anyone know the answer i was told 2points, RD's got 4points. Clarification on the right answer would be great info to all the newer g0's on the forum.

Roughdawg4
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I believe the minimum requirement is always 10% of your advancement goal.

So to stay as a g2, 2pts are required.

To stay as a g1, 3 pts are required.

To stay as a g0, 4 pts are required.

cartman1337
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes, 4 points to stay G0. Some time ago I saw some unlucky guy demote from G0 after 40 games, with 0 wins 1 second and 0 thirds...

And unless I manage to pull my game together soon I'll demote myself too, with only 1 lousy pod in this block of games... :( Still 6 or 7 to go, though... 2 points, that I have now, is most certainly not enough... ;)

KRONZZZ
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
You need to get 2 points in 40 games to stay a G0 for a further 40 games. This equals 2 pods of 3rd or better or 1 second place (3 points) or 1 win (4 points). Stick with it mate it gets easier, i found the better the competition you're with the better you start playing. Try playing a few game rooms with me and cars and some of the other guys you may start seeing routes rounds courses you hadn't thought of before that may help you shave a couple of shots off your round scores. Cars and i are always online so just ask for a game room and if there aren't many tourns on we'll generally do the game rooms.

Thanks interyernan .. I no im good enough to be at the level i am i just tend to choke alot lol .. But yeah i have been in a few game rooms with cars and other top notch players and its helped me for sure.. Funny thing is i can win a game room against alot of G0's when the conditions arent crazy.. but these guys are so used to the horrible conditions with g0 tourneys so of course they do very well when it counts. But im sure everyone has been in my shoes at one point so ill just keep giving it my best and im sure it will pay off. Wow what a difference it isfrom g1 though lmao

interyernan
11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I think clint pointed out in another thread that if you look back in chalenge mode at some of the tournaments you had to do to unlock some of the expert characters there are extreme weather condition tournaments to practice with. Heres a list of where to find them:

Platinum Level, Tournament 3: *2 Lightning Cup = Rainy Silver Peaks 18H
Platinum Level, Tournament 7: *2 Hurricane Cup = Rainy Crown Links With Strong Wind 18H
Gold Level, Tournament 3: *3 Great Safari Mudbowl = Rainy Great Safari 9H Out
Seeded-Pro, Tournament 8: *3 Typhoon Cup = Rainy Okinawa With Strong Wind 9H Out

Just keep practicing the top two mainly and you'll start to get to grips with it a bit more, alternatively be a bit choosey over the tournies that you're going to play in and then you'll find you'll sneak a few points here and there.

rowdybusch
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I think clint pointed out in another thread that if you look back in chalenge mode at some of the tournaments you had to do to unlock some of the expert characters there are extreme weather condition tournaments to practice with. Heres a list of where to find them:

Platinum Level, Tournament 3: *2 Lightning Cup = Rainy Silver Peaks 18H
Platinum Level, Tournament 7: *2 Hurricane Cup = Rainy Crown Links With Strong Wind 18H
Gold Level, Tournament 3: *3 Great Safari Mudbowl = Rainy Great Safari 9H Out
Seeded-Pro, Tournament 8: *3 Typhoon Cup = Rainy Okinawa With Strong Wind 9H Out

Just keep practicing the top two mainly and you'll start to get to grips with it a bit more, alternatively be a bit choosey over the tournies that you're going to play in and then you'll find you'll sneak a few points here and there.

Thanks for refreshing my newly minted G0 mind.
I forgot all about that. Now I can practice getting my butt kicked in privacy.

OthersGirl
12-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Intery--- Good advice on the Offline challenge mode for practice!!! I have tried to use the training section offline (since you can add weather element) but -- having to set it each and every hole got OLD and i just never did it long enough to help. Honestly, g0 tours are KILLING me. I forgot all about that offline challenge --- good source for practice games with g0 conditions. Thanks for that post!!! very helpful m8!!!! ;) :)

ElectroFox
12-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Well done rino, keep it up. I don't see the descussion has anything relate to free t-shirts?

The-Dreamcaster
12-28-2008, 04:47 AM
g0 tourns aren't too difficult, there pretty much all the same. intermediate/novice rain crown links are fairly common, but you get used to it.
everyone gets one great round once in a while, you just gotta hope no-1 else does.
dunno why but i took to g0 rather easily.
G0 record:
38 Tourns
4 wins
2 2nds
4 podiums

won't even get lvl 17 with my next win, because i have to play 120 tourns overall b4 i get the level up.
annoying that they punish you for being good/lucky.