PDA

View Full Version : Best shot competition

koudman
12-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Shihiko is organizing a best shot competition for HSG. I would say it's time to show your best shots (video footage required) and win some playasia coupons and bragging rights :)

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=309#comments

yasdad
12-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Is it just me - all I'm getting is a completely blank page from that link :o

cartman1337
12-01-2008, 04:32 AM
The link is valid. Works fine here. Maybe the server was just temporarily down when you tried?

Hmm... Maybe I should finally look into uploading some of my videos then. But which shot should I choose for this? :D

yasdad
12-01-2008, 04:47 AM
The link is valid. Works fine here. Maybe the server was just temporarily down when you tried?

Hmm... Maybe I should finally look into uploading some of my videos then. But which shot should I choose for this? :D

Aha, no it was my browser - I'm using IE8 Beta. It needed to be in "compatibilty mode" to view the page :)

I have nothing worthy of uploading, but it will be good to see some of the shots that get posted :)

interyernan
12-01-2008, 04:49 AM
It's a very good idea to do this but it can only really apply to the guys in America and Canada cause unfortunately playasia don't ship to the European Union, Iceland, Norway or Leichtenstein. Perhaps we could organise our own little competition like this with a prize to be organised by Morph, RD and Rowdy - I'd happily make a donation towards the prize if someone gave me a cheque to send or sent em paypal invoice.

clint_westwood
12-01-2008, 04:57 AM
sounds good , i was gutted last night, hole 12 crowns kratos 2nd shot PI straight at pin and your thinking homing..........once bounce then straight in hole :( .......not a run into hole just bonce "tink"
:(

great eagle but pah!!!

saying that hole 12 is dodgy for homing as pin was at back near slope into water

ask me who won that tour, go on ask me ;)

interyernan
12-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Mason?

cartman1337
12-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Meh. I don't really care about the prize, but it could be cool to have my best shot judged against some other great player's best shot just for the heck of it. Should I win I guess I could arrange my own giveaway for someone who can actually use the coupon, or something. ;)

Congrats on your win, Clint. :)

clint_westwood
12-01-2008, 05:14 AM
thanks for asking inter mate, it was me me me me me :D

-12 with two terrible bogeys at the 2nd pah!! and the 4th

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 06:14 AM
yeah I wouldn't mind pitching in.

koudman
12-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Who needs a prize, when you can win bragging rights? I think it would be nice to see a international compo involving both servers (EU/US & JP) :)

I will try to upload my (best) shots this week and will post them to the Shihiko topic.

MasonR
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
I've got several shots I'd like to enter.

I just hope he doesn't give let the homing shots win based purely on points. I've got plenty of risers and spirals that are more difficult and impressive than someone who got a lucky 13x homing.

Also means i'll have to buy or borrow a digital camera, don't want to submit something that was recorded on my camera phone. :(

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't let someone win purely on a homing X12 because as you said that is luck. I would say critieria would be based on the following (This is not set, I am jus throwing this out there).

Course
Condition of the lie ( Wind, Slope, Rough or Sand)
Distance
Character used (maybe)

the_smug_one
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Motivates me to dig up a Bloom std/std (I think) Safari LT pair of rainy rabbits that ended in a flag shot alby... among other potential shots, of course.

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
My best shot I think was on Euro and it was from 39 yards out.

The reason I think this was my best shot is I shot it threw a bush. I don't mean through it and I didn't hit it, I mean I planned on powering through the bush and sank the chip. I think I ended hitting my power at 85 yards to go a perfect 40 yards. By far my best achievement :)

Morpheus
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
not sure i understand how results will be determined. Will there be official judges? or should we just do a poll to get the popular vote?

MasonR
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
woo rabbit flagball? That's crazy, I'd like to see that.

As for homings, now if I were to see a number that I've not heard of, like 16x or some crazy ish that might be a different story. I'd have to say any expert homing shots (maybe LJ exception) should be dumped lol.

I have a manual recorded shot that would easily nab a play-asia ticket I think if it went in. Toro, 3rd par 3 at Oceania, almost spiraled a rock shot in for an ace at the backright pin location, woulda been nice. I think it was seams that showed it to me first, or smug, they were both talking about it one day and I tried it the next time I played it. Also had another non-pi shot that almost went in, ever since then I've not even hit the green while trying it.

I got a 260y spiral alby on 18th at Highland with Suzuki, that won me my 3rd G0 tournament on Minna. I think that might be too plain, but novice from 260 is pretty good for me lol.

Not sure if he saved it, but URRR had a driver rising ace on the 7th hole of Crown, I think that could win something.

I've got a lot of blooper shots too, I have a Hole-in-three with an OB shot on the 5th at Oceania. Non-special though.

I'm thinking about this air spiral I had with Suzuki in a gameroom as well. I was playing with a few guys on OOB in an iron-man type game. Beginner Club/Ball, Limited Clubs at Peaks long tee, had a perfect 7 iron that caught the top of the pin and came down.

And I think all of us on OOB have a few rainy shots that would impress a lot of the jp G0 players.

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
if we do end up doing this for a prize, I think it would be up to the admins to pick the best shot.

MasonR
12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
shi said something about him giving away play-asia cash, so I would imagine he's the one judging the shots and probably a few of his pals.

Doesn't look too good for me based on that. >:(

KRONZZZ
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I have a nice topspin homing ace on oceana, that hole where you .. over the bar jumped the pond and in. I might submit it if i get around to it

koudman
12-01-2008, 02:23 PM
shi said something about him giving away play-asia cash, so I would imagine he's the one judging the shots and probably a few of his pals.

Mace where is the hostility between you and Shi coming from? And this is just a friendly compo so just enter your best shot(s) and wait and see :)

the_smug_one
12-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Their hostility is mostly just sexual tension. Not a big deal.

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM

Mace where is the hostility between you and Shi coming from? And this is just a friendly compo so just enter your best shot(s) and wait and see :)

Well if he is referring to what I have seen go on at gamefaqs, I don't blame him for being a little skeptical.

interyernan
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I can't be bothered to trapse through gamefaqs looking for the lowdown - so what's the goss on the shikiko mace rumble?

interyernan
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Scrap that i don't care, what i would rather know is: I've heard great things about Shikiko's standard and have played in game rooms with mace a few times and know him to be not only an awesome player but a true gent and nice bloke. Have these two greats ever locked horns and gone head to head and if so what was the outcome?

Roughdawg4
12-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Its probably being out to be a bigger deal than it was so I wouldn't really worry about it. Just 2 people that just saw things a different way.

p1um5mu991er
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
i think mace was just pointing out potential bias because he's not exactly "buds" with shi.

what is this, hot shots 90210?

if so, i would like to fight with somebody.

interyernan
12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
meet me in 10-10 on the 4th January at 10pm est. ;D

p1um5mu991er
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
oh I'M THERE BUDDY

i will totally angry mob you

then i might clap a few times and find a gf or something

ElectroFox
12-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Or how about we stick to the forum topic :o

koudman
12-02-2008, 04:16 AM
I'd say sticky it and start contributing! (waiting for my GF to bring back the digicam from France...)

ElectroFox
12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
lol Koud, I didn't mean stick as in "make the topic sticky". I was just meaning stick to the topic and not stick out of.

koudman
12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Lol :D Sticky it anyway ;)

yunatidus4ever
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
uhhhhh, what was this topic again?????

koudman
12-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Best shot compo!

Back on topic - My entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0SSyv-iENg

rowdybusch
12-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Best shot compo!

Back on topic - My entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0SSyv-iENg

Nice shot koudman.
I like the use of the little dock.

fried_blowney
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I would like to submit my Rising Ace on Euro #4 with Fernando, but every time I try to register the site says they'll send me an email with the password. 4 days later and I still haven't got such email.

Anyway, here's the shot. Maybe someone could submit it on my behalf.

8QaVa2FKFdk

yunatidus4ever
12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
awesome shots!!! wtg fb!!!

koudman
12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I would like to submit my Rising Ace on Euro #4 with Fernando, but every time I try to register the site says they'll send me an email with the password.  4 days later and I still haven't got such email.

Anyway, here's the shot.  Maybe someone could submit it on my behalf.

Very nice shot! I have dropped Shi a note to have a look at his registration system as the e-mails with activation stuff don't seem to go out...(had the same problem)

koudman
12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks rowdybusch! Got some inspiration of one of Bgunner's shots on Euro GC where he used the lid of the manhole on one of the par 5's (first par 5?) to alby :)

koudman
12-05-2008, 05:13 AM
OK - Registration system should work again so start uploading those shots (already have seen quite some impressive shots :))

cars123456789
12-05-2008, 05:23 AM
i have tryed to put shots on u tube and they not work pissed i got a ace on hole 1, 2 course using a rabbit 338y ace not bad. and i cannot get it on site.

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 05:27 AM
if you have uploaded correctly then it maybe take a while as they proccess it

koudman
12-05-2008, 06:35 AM
i have tryed to put shots on u tube and they not work pissed i got a ace on hole 1, 2 course using a rabbit 338y ace not bad. and i cannot get it on site.

Clint is right normally you can see them in your own profile before they show up via the search...

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 09:07 AM
koudo was playing minna on G1 with bjorn std std with chip in req!!!
sittting in pod place after 15 without a chip..........i thought i need to lay up on 17 and get it done

anyway second shot to 16, 234 y driver PI one bounce in rough short of green and ran perfectly down to hole haaa, chip in and eagle

koudman
12-05-2008, 09:27 AM
koudo was playing minna on G1 with bjorn std std with chip in req!!!
sittting in pod place after 15 without a chip..........i thought i need to lay up on 17 and get it done

anyway second shot to 16, 234 y driver PI one bounce in rough short of green and ran perfectly down to hole haaa, chip in and eagle

Nice! Did you get a pod? And what course where you playing?

Played a Suzuki only, std/std/ eagle required Oceania long-tee on back 9. Never been so pissed of with myself as I knew it would be close to impossible to reach hole 18 par 5 I tried to double rabbit the first par 5 and got to the green... Then I missed a 6m downhill by lipping the freaking hole.... Needless to say I didn't eagle any of the other holes and there were only 2 people (out of 25) in there that actually eagled....very short podium...so even a +50 score would have given me pod....if I only eagled...still gets me annoyed ;D

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
yeah i got a pod mate, sorry it was crowns

going back to your post i think i may avoid these competitions mean time as i play tours and dont quit simply because i want a pity prize and to MAX out the character as well, yet i think if you dont get chip in or eagle then you are game over after 18, so no loyalty either, which can be a pain if its been like a slow cup..........1 hr later and nothing to show

cartman1337
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Like Fried_Blowney I'm trying to register at Shihiko's site to submit my entry, but I'm not getting any e-mail with confirmation and password either. :( I've tried to message Shihiko now, so hopefully it will be sorted soon...

But anyway, this is the shot I'm considering to submit:
1m9VWaeNYKA

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
i like that shot cartman, i like it a lot

koudman
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah Cartman nice shot! Next time though try to bounce if of the two rocks, of the small rock in the pond and spiral alby it for a certain win ;P

rowdybusch
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
:)

Nice shot cartman!

cartman1337
12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys. :)

I'll look into uploading some of my other shots to YouTube eventually too. I've got a few others I like almost as much as this one. ;)

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
i have a super smashy spiral on hole 3 at crowns on minna. spiralled from the highest pont on the flag, but there is nothing really special about it i guess

Roughdawg4
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I wish I could post some of my videos, but I don't think I would win anyway :)

koudman
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
It's always nice to seem some great shots! So just go for it Roughdawg!

fried_blowney
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
We should have our own competition like this. I wonder if I should tell shihiko that I was G3 (legit) when I pulled off that Riser Ace :D

Doylev
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Best shot compo!

Back on topic - My entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0SSyv-iENg

I have a shot similar to this one - from 260 with super top spin...good times!!

clint_westwood
12-11-2008, 07:26 AM
i think shihiko is looking for something insane and lucky.....

its very difficult to say what is skill and what is luck , now a homing shot, the first part is skill, wind ,lie and SBS ....the next part is luck as to how many times it homes!!

i vote for my 3 eagles on par 4s' with kratos std/std at oceania , these all had to be played to read the run of the green as it was no backspin....

luck is an approach shot that gets say 96% and skips thru rough into green and runsinto hole, skill is getting 100% with backspin and landing 1.0m away from pin

i think i should get pity prize, going to post one tonight for all to laugh at my missfortune

yukino/alex hole 6 silver peaks..........SBS two bounces then the backspin kicks in............guess where it kicks in......literally as hlf the ball is haning over the cup dammit!!!........funny now, not funny at time!!

koudman
12-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I feel your pain Clint! I can't count the number of times something like that happens. You hit PI and get bottom % just to see your ball failing one bounce to hit the damn pin...

Better news is that I finally got a BT headset so we should play sometime so I can annoy you when you are lining up a shot ;)

clint_westwood
12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
now that sounds like fun koudman ;)

koudman
12-12-2008, 08:28 AM
OK - Guys deadline for shot submission is getting near! Missing the big names still!

Cars I thought you were working on uploading some great shots?

ElectroFox
12-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Theres some nice shot videos in the Videos section. But does that section has anything to do with this? I mean why not just get all videos from there and get them in the competition, or people have to register here?

I do have a shot myself, but the quality is really bad. Gonna borrow someone's high quality videocam and take it again.

bcus28
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
These don't have a chance, but why not atleast everybody see them I figured.

1049pt eagle chip
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/bcus28/HSG/?action=view&current=MVI_2640.flv

241yd birdy save lol
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/bcus28/HSG/?action=view&current=MVI_2639.flv

Doylev
12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
nice shots there bcus...i've never had a 900+ point shot...nice to see how it's done!

bcus28
12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
nice shots there bcus...i've never had a 900+ point shot...nice to see how it's done!

thanks Doylev, I'm a SBS pig, so they're bound to happen. I'm actually prouder of the birdy save, that wasn't a lucky shot. Gotta try to make every shot.

BGunner
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Nice shots, B.

bcus28
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice shots, B.

thanks Brad, the are better out there, but this is all I could muster up from the list.

rinoshark
12-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Id like to post something but im absolutely clueless as to how. If someone has time you can maybe point me in the right direction?

ElectroFox
12-16-2008, 11:36 AM
When is the deadline anyway? I think they might want to push back becoz some people have problem uploading, and still many big names are missing (including me :P )

BGunner
12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Id like to post something but im absolutely clueless as to how. If someone has time you can maybe point me in the right direction?

As of now, there's only two ways to record your shots - either a camcorder, digital, cameraphone or a PC video capture device. The vast majority use the camcorder approach. Then upload to their PC and up to youtube.

rinoshark
12-16-2008, 10:56 PM
ok, simple enough. i will try that ghetto approach, and post asap

fried_blowney
12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Competition's done and over with, but I don't see why we can't have one here.

By the way I won ;D I can't freakin believe it.

rowdybusch
12-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Competition's done and over with, but I don't see why we can't have one here.

By the way I won ;D I can't bleepin believe it.

Congratulations :o