PDA

View Full Version : G2 Minna is Impossible

palacsinta59
12-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I am having a terrible time getting a podium finish with any regularity in G2. Seems like all the tournaments are held on Highland or Okinawa; everywhere else goes unfilled. I was in a G2 Highland fast tourny with no distance target marker. Winner shot -26, 3 tied at -24, 1 at -23, 3 at -22 ; 8 pods out of a field of 38. I shot my best ever -21 and finished in tenth. What is it like in G1 and G0? Anyone else experience the fact that the other courses mainly go unplayed or is this a G2 anomaly?

yunatidus4ever
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I totally agree! It is REALLY hard to get promo'd through G2. I suggest, practice highland until you know every lump on every green, ect. If you play late at night or very early morning USA time, you will more likely find tournaments that are not highland to play. The minna G2's suck at peaks and crown! lol

Frozen_Walkers
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I have 2 accounts on Minna G1 and G0. G1 is as you can imagine a hell for a lot of G0 from HSG but I can get 7 pts required to stay G1 with no problem. G0 however is simply an impossible task if you are not careful with which tourney you should enter. I just got G0 win recently with No aim marker, it's only way to have a chance . for me it's where rules are tough since most Japanese players are all out attacks and often make mistake [ from my tour anyway ] My advise to you is practice Novice and enter Novice only tour where - 11 or -12 on 9 should pod you, however I once got - 13 on Highland 9 out with Intermediate and finished 3rd.

Good luck

Note: Yuna is right Japanese G2s are weak on Crown and Peaks. They [ G3s ] however can shoot - 24 on okinawa 18 reg/long

palacsinta59
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Yuna/ Frozen! Hope to see you in a lobby soon!

VirginiaTerp
12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
palacsinta59, are you playing HSG:OOB as well? If so, what level are you there?

Based on my play in Minna, which is not long, it did not seem too difficult to get through G2. I am a fairly new Minna player and reached G0 a few weeks ago. I have only played 10 tours at that level, with one 1st place, one 2nd place, and no other pods. :(

I consider myself an average G0 player at best, but if you are a strong G1 or G0 player on HSG:OOB, then I think you'll get through G2 eventually. Just hang in there.

The unique formats (no aiming marker, no wind indicator, no backspin, etc.) take some practice. Avoiding Highlands and Okinawa as suggested earlier may help.

palacsinta59
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
1 win
5 2nds
3 pods out of 32 G1 starts

The-Dreamcaster
12-22-2009, 06:14 AM
i had no problem :P it's just you need a good round to get into the pods, down to more people doing the same. 50 peep tourns everytime make it fairly tricky to get up there and hold it, but stick at it. I haven't played it much, but currently g1 with 1 tourn played.. i could make g0 soonish i reckon..