PDA

View Full Version : time out sux

tjmoney1975
08-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Is there a way around getting restricted for X number of hours if you time out on a hole? Any way to bypass it? Sometimes a hole is just really difficult and u can't get it down in time, especially the fast ones. So, it kinda sux that we're "banned" from playing for half a day.

I can take being banned from playing from my wife, or cuz i have to spend some QT with the kidz, but my own game blockin' me is jus takin' it too far....lol.

Any thoughts?

clint_westwood
08-12-2008, 08:48 AM
yip.

go faster, do not watch your drive,as you hit it then skip scene........give yourself 30 secs to putt

but listen dont fret , even the top end players timeout mate.

but you should rightly be banned untill that tournament ends.........i will go into detail if you want me to

Roughdawg4
08-12-2008, 08:50 AM
yeah you will get banned, there is nothing to do about that.

But Clint is right, one of the easiest things to do is stop watching your shots especially the drive. There really is no need to watch it.

tjmoney1975
08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
guess i'm addicted to admiring my shots LOL. I do that, that should shave some time off.

Nevertheless, i know for a fact that i've seen people who have timed out in a tourney, i've seen them playing shortly thereafter in other tournaments. So i didn't know if there was a trick to doing that, or if those are the few that have found a way to cheat the game.

thanx again.

Roughdawg4
08-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes there is a cheat to get around it.

If you book a tournament later on and you just enter a tournament as it is running. Even if you quit the tournament you will still have your booking for the next tournament.

lord_cracka
08-12-2008, 09:19 AM
when you time out you are only restricted from playing until the scheduled end of that tourney. The wording is confusing. When it says you can not play for 21:02 that is the time you can start again. Not the number of hours you are restricted.

tjmoney1975
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so stupid!!!!! LOL

When it told me i couldn't play until 14:20 hours, I thought it mean i literally had to wait 14 hours and 20 minutes, so i shut it down for the night and didn't even bother getting on until the next day. I feel so silly now....

Thanx for the clarification. :-X

Roughdawg4
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Its not your fault, I thought the same thing too at first.

Bad programming by HSG.

clint_westwood
08-12-2008, 09:48 AM
well being a stuck up brit i knew it was referring to the 24hr clock...

where i had problems was with the scrolling between floors 1-10 , took me about 2 weeks to suss it out