PDA

View Full Version : looking through psn store for dlc - help please

deezphone
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
ok, i obviously can figure out the courses for sale, and the add on characters... im also pretty sure about the 3 costume packs, and the costumes for the 2 add on characters.. but there appears to be a few other things to buy that im not sure what they are? it looks like there are 2 items (i believe they are 300 yen each) it looks like they are avatar packs or something for the lobbies? am i right? also... it looks like there is some sort of other add on? might be a course or an item or something? (i seem to remember there being a mini golf add on?)

anyway, im just wondering because everything would clock in at 7000 yen to buy which is like... 90 dollars or more... cut out the costume packs and avatar?? packs and it goes down to 5000, which is cheaper and also more convenient because they sell 5000 yen cards for about $65-70

if i bought everything i would have to buy a 5000 and a 3000 yen card which would run me over $1000... (they make 1000 yen cards but i have yet to find anywhere that sells them at a reasonable price)

also... this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone want to share their DLC with me? id basically have to log in as you on my ps3 and download them from your psn account... since there is no threat of me seeing credit card info (no one here has jap cc im assuming) it would be as simple as making a temporary password and then changing it back when im done... anyway like i said its a long shot ... i would be willing to compensate someone via paypal for going through the rigmarole though

dirtdog91
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
The courses and characters are the important things, the costumes arent that big a deal.

Roughdawg4
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Even some of the characters aren't a big deal either.

Frozen_Walkers
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
All courses and Characters are most important. Then you can decide which costumes pack or avatar packs you want. All DLC for minna are fun to have except toro mini game which I believe is a big cup putting game.

oh you are right about avatar pack btw.

RD actually kinda right; sackboy and Toro is not so big on Minna. Most G3-G1 seems to avoid sackboy , toro tourney, but it's nice to have this characters for novice only tour. I tend to use sukboy for Long T a bit for the distance while most japanese go with Sophie but G0 is different story. most G0s on Minna prefer sukboy.

rocker12
01-06-2010, 03:29 AM
also... this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone want to share their DLC with me? id basically have to log in as you on my ps3 and download them from your psn account... since there is no threat of me seeing credit card info (no one here has jap cc im assuming) it would be as simple as making a temporary password and then changing it back when im done... anyway like i said its a long shot ... i would be willing to compensate someone via paypal for going through the rigmarole though
i didnt think you could download them again

i thought you had to pay again to

ROLLIE
01-06-2010, 03:57 AM
i didnt think you could download them again

i thought you had to pay again to

NOOO.. once you buy anything from the store you can download it as many times as you want unless there's a very rare time limit but those are usually on beta games. I would sell me DL games for half the price to my friends lol it would eventually be free for me.:D

deezphone
01-06-2010, 04:37 AM
i thought there was a dl limit of 5 ps3s

Roughdawg4
01-06-2010, 05:49 AM
All courses and Characters are most important. Then you can decide which costumes pack or avatar packs you want. All DLC for minna are fun to have except toro mini game which I believe is a big cup putting game.

oh you are right about avatar pack btw.

RD actually kinda right; sackboy and Toro is not so big on Minna. Most G3-G1 seems to avoid sackboy , toro tourney, but it's nice to have this characters for novice only tour. I tend to use sukboy for Long T a bit for the distance while most japanese go with Sophie but G0 is different story. most G0s on Minna prefer sukboy.

Yeah but you are right though you would want all the characters if possible. If not you can eliminate a few and like Frozen said those are some good options to eliminate.

Marrow_Farmer
01-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Wasn't Toro a freebie?

Personally I would get Oceania and G-Rex, Alex and Toro.

Unless a tour is character specific I only ever use 4 characters (Toro, Alex, Nando (for rain) and Anya.

If tours are as plentyful as we are led to believe then so what if you have to miss the odd Krapos/Gloryhole/Nutsack only tour!

dimskill
01-06-2010, 07:39 AM
They aren't as easy to find as has been implied. It is preferable to have all characters maxed out in order to enter, admittedly, is a choice of two or three tours. Japanese obsession with Sophie, Maruyama make these important. Gloria, Alex are imperative purchases, along with the courses. I use Sackboy for all novice tournaments where it isn't raining, but that's a personal preference. There are fewer tournaments on Minna which are DLC character specific, although I did notice a bunch of Kratos only tours today, but no-one was in them.

Frozen_Walkers
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Wasn't Toro a freebie?

No. toro is not free on Minna.

rocker12
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
also... this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone want to share their DLC with me?

same here but i only want the two dlc courses

rocker12
02-13-2010, 04:11 PM
anybody also willing to share toro putter golf?

i'll share as well

gypsyball
02-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Even some of the characters aren't a big deal either.
I don't have Toro for Minna. Why waste 500 yen on him, where he was free in the US.

Kyyv
03-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Agreed Gypsy. Besides which, that little squeak he does drives me nuts.

gypsyball
03-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Though on the plus side with Sackboy and Toro (at least for Clap Hanz) very little translation is needed for those 2 characters. Only thing needed is name change and SB's giant golf ball.