PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial & Official Tournaments - the difference?

yasdad
12-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Sorry guys, but another noob question:

While hunting for a G2 tournament with enough players, I found an "unofficial" tournament that was well subscribed. Nothing else was around so I jumped in anyway. To my surprise, a "tournament prize available" message was there and my pathetic game was recorded on my stats ::) I assumed it would go unrecorded and the happless winner would go away empty handed! LOL ;D

So my question is, what's the difference between "unofficial" and "official" tournaments?

Reezellthia
12-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Unofficial has rules like big cup, and all out battle (although this room is only in game rooms). They are unofficial because your score is not counted as a new high score (if you break it), and neither are your other stats like fairway % etc. It does however count as a tournament played.

yasdad
12-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Thanks Reeze - that explains it perfetly :) So my miserable round still counted >:( ;D

cartman1337
12-04-2008, 05:07 AM
As long as the tournament has more than 10 players and is ranked (G3, G2, G1 or G0) it will count to your numbers of tournaments played. But like reez say; if it has big cup it won't update your best course scores. This was the same in the offline challenges. Even the unofficial tournaments helped you get closer to the playoff at the end of each stage, but didn't update your best scores...

Roughdawg4
12-04-2008, 05:26 AM
yeah I didn't realize this at first. At first I thought wow a g1 unofficial tournament because itis big cup. It took me a while to figure out they all count towards your online stats.

ghost33
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
yeah unofficial tourneys are useless and waste of time keep em in the fairway boys!