PDA

View Full Version : how get japanese account?

nathyboy11
12-05-2008, 10:43 AM
how do u get a japanese account? any1 know how to and wud like to help me out?

clint_westwood
12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah just make a jpanese account, go into your ps3 and new acc set up, but under language pick japanese and then take it from there..........morpheus has a video on how to do it , it helps although some of the menu screens have been recently updated but you will find your way about it

Roughdawg4
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah I need to get minna sometime. I see how much fun you have and I would love to be a part of that.

nathyboy11
12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
mine has updated :'(
everytime i get to a certain part of it , it wont let me past that >:(

interyernan
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Nathy, are you going aas if to go online and the update is stopping? Be prepared for a long wait cause the online update takes about 4-5 hours. Cause they have had the game for longer than us they have alot more data that needs to be modified - might be worth doing the update tonight before you go to bed and then just leaving it going all night and see if it's done the same in the morning.

MasonR
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
If you have a more reasonable connection the updates shouldn't take more than an hour. I've heard lots of people say 4-5 hours, it took mine 45 minutes. O_o

If you're having trouble setting up the jp account, the problem is most likely you have an invalid zip code. Use an online Zaggats guide and look up some restaurants in Japan, find that address and use the zip from there.

interyernan
12-05-2008, 02:05 PM
What meg broadband connection do you have Mace? Most of us in the Uk have to suffer with min 2meg at best 8meg and for those select few 12meg. Personally i just left mine running when i went to bed but it could very well be the zip code prob you suggested. I just googled Japanese zip code and it gave me a list of national corps and restuarants like you said and just picked one.

MasonR
12-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I have no idea about my connection (Comcast, lynksys router. I have heard that the UK has an overall crappier quality of connection though, that's probably it.

Btw, you'll also have to make sure that the zip code matches the region you've selected.

nathyboy11
12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
thanks all of u! ;D
i have now got a japanese account:natyhyboy12! lol

kumanzc
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Ok, so I have been playing for a week under my original account. I now want to get downloadable content so I have to make a Japanese account. There is a tutorial video I believe so shouldn't be a problem but will I now lose all the progress (online and offline) I have done under my original account?

MasonR
01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
You actually only need the jp account to download the content, pretty much anything downloaded from the store can be used with all accounts on that PS3 (with exceptions with some full games, like Warhawk), so just keep using your original account to actually play the game.

kumanzc
01-04-2009, 07:33 AM
great, thanks

clint_westwood
01-05-2009, 03:37 AM
yeah young nathy you should have kept your original account name, no need to change as mace said

you just need a JP account for DLC only ....for example

i spent all night to come up with this PS3 account................ " Japan Acc"

HoTHiTTeR
01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I just got a copy of minna for $26 (usd) shipped to me from someone who already had it in the states.

So, am I going to play this game on my JP acct or a my US/NA account? I don't plan on getting any of the DLC, so wouldn't I be able to play this w/ my home (US/NA) account?

the_smug_one
01-06-2009, 12:49 PM
You can play on your US/NA account regardless of whether you want to play with DLC. The JP account is only required to purchase DLC, but once its been purchased you can use all of that DLC with your US/NA account.

HoTHiTTeR
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
You can play on your US/NA account regardless of whether you want to play with DLC. The JP account is only required to purchase DLC, but once its been purchased you can use all of that DLC with your US/NA account.

awesome, thanks.

kumanzc
01-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Another question regarding having a Japanese account that is more of convenience than anything else. Previous to making the Japanese account my PS3 would autostart whatever game was in it or if I put in a movie it would autostart that. Since making the other account it just goes to the last account signed in but does not autostart. Is there a way to have it autostart under the last account signed in?

MasonR
01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Auto start is an option in your settings (might need your wife for this one), I guess the default setting is different for PS3 accounts. I always leave it off though.