PDA

View Full Version : How many points to level up?

kingba45
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I am currently G2 and was wondering how many points it takes to get G1 then G0. Also would be nice to know how points are determined. Example; 10 points for first place finish, 5 points for second place, and one point for entering.

Roughdawg4
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
G2 to g1 you need 20 pts in 20 games

g1 to g0 you need 30 pts in 30 games

Both of these must be done in blocks, so as an example for g2 it counts game 1-20, if you dont make it then 21-40, and so on.

If you have any other questions at all please refer to this post. I have no idea who wrote this but I can tell you this, they must be a genious :)

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/index.php/topic,75.0.html

nathyboy11
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
if u win u get 4 points if u come 2nd u get 3 points if u get a podium finish u get 2 points

Shaq33Cavs33
12-08-2008, 11:48 AM
4pts for a win
3pts for 2nd
2pts for TOP 20%

Also the more that enter a tourney the better chance u could get on the podium.

AMOUNT OF PEOPLE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL RECEIVE PRIZES
__________________________________________________ ___________________

10 2
11-15 3
16-20 4
21-25 5
26-30 6
31-35 7
36-40 8
41-45 9
46-50 10
__________________________________________________ ___________________

yunatidus4ever
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
but NO points are awarded if there is not 10 people in the tourney.

yasdad
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
And the podium finishes are determined by the number of people finishing the tournament, not the number that start. So even if 50 people start, if only 10 people finish, there will be no podium places - just 1st and 2nd only

cartman1337
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
And the podium finishes are determined by the number of people finishing the tournament, not the number that start. So even if 50 people start, if only 10 people finish, there will be no podium places - just 1st and 2nd only

Actually, that's wrong, yasdad. If 50 people start there will be 10 podiums, no matter how many quits or times out. The number of players in the tournament when the countdown before the tournament ends determines how many podiums there will be. So as soon as you see the Saving Status message the number of pods is set...

yasdad
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM

Actually, that's wrong, yasdad. If 50 people start there will be 10 podiums, no matter how many quits or times out. The number of players in the tournament when the countdown before the tournament ends determines how many podiums there will be. So as soon as you see the Saving Status message the number of pods is set...

Really?  :o I'm almost certain I've seen the pod slots reduced during tournaments as people drop out :o Something else for me to check out when I get a chance :)

Morpheus
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Really? :o I'm almost certain I've seen the pod slots reduced during tournaments as people drop out :o Something else for me to check out when I get a chance :)

I know for a fact that i have seen this too on several occasions... i was baffled as i kept trying to figure out how and why it was doing it.

cartman1337
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Hmm... Then they've must have changed it lately, because I have never seen this happen. The last few tournaments I have been in have also had quite a few quitters, without a reduction in pods. Easiest notably an 11 person tournament where 4 quit. So only 7 finished, but still; 3 pods...

the_smug_one
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Pod spots <b>DO NOT</b> go away as people quit tournaments. I know this for a fact because it happens in Minna all the time, and I've seen it happen countless times on the international server. The number of available pods is set at the start of a tournament, although you probably do notice a reduction in the number of people <b>tied</b> for pod spots as the round goes on and people's strokes / points start to vary more.

cartman1337
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Very good point Smug. Look at the number next to the pod; a lot of players will have the same number, because they are tied. As such you sometimes see more people finishing with a pod prize than there actually are pods. I've seen 4 people get pods in an 11 man tournament where only 8 finished, because two persons tied for 3rd (and I was one of them, yay ;) )

Morpheus
12-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, i understand the ties. However, i was in a tourney with about 11 or 12 people in it, and somewhere in the midst of the tournament, with no ties at all, i've seen only 2 pods highlighted. I wasn't paying that much attention and didn't follow it up at the end of the round for some reason or another but i know that at one point thats what was there. I'll try to keep my eyes open for it again and see under what circumstances it occurred under, and better yet see if the tourney ended with only two as well....again, i think i wasn't anywhere close to making pod so i didn't really pay attention.

the_smug_one
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Only thing I can think of would be that 1-2 people left before the tournament started (or even network err'd at the last second before it started) such that you only had 10 people to begin with. In all other cases you're going to see 3 pods for tournaments with 11-15 people. I say this with such conviction because I've played in WAY too many 11-15 person G0 tournaments on the international server and have never, ever seen the available pod count change.

cartman1337
12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Me neither... So yasdad and Morpheus; when checking up on this, check the number in the lower left side of the screen. It will say for instance 10/11 if 10 people have holed out for the next hole. The number after the dash is what determines the number of pods, not the number ahead of it. I've never seen that number decrease, but if what you say is right then check there at the beginning of the tournament and then again at the end. If it has decreased I'm most inclined to think it is a rare glitch in the game...

Morpheus
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I'll make note of it next time.

yasdad
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry, my bad :D

After playing tonight, I realised it was the tied players that were extending the pods available. I made a mental note to check this every time and sure enough the pods stayed the same no matter how many dropped out :) Sorry for stirring up the trouble guys ::) ;D