PDA

View Full Version : G0 wins #8 and #9

MasonR
12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Just thought I'd share with everyone, had been a pretty bad run after that great round at Okinawa a while ago, barely staying alive for the last two blocks, 9 games in the new block and I've got two wins, a 2nd and 5 pods. This game is weird like that. Scores aren't epic, but a wins a win. ;D

Kratos Euro RegT Out, Bunker +2

Was kinda pissed about this one, I missed a pretty tough though short eagle putt on 9. One thing Kratos has going for him is that hook, I was able to drive #4 with just a super sidespin red power, instead of picking out the tree and turtling off of it. This one was great for another reason, BeEmerson and KX both had wins within very shortly after this tournament. Go team International!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/__Mace__/MG5_081209_108__Ajpg.jpg

Intermediate (Alex <3), Standard/Standard, Hland LongT Out

I was surprised as hell to win #9 though. -11 Hland LongT Out with less than 2600 points doesn't seem to do that well too often, but I guess it was good enough this time. I got lucky though, two people were at -10 after 8, one, the gentleman we see in the final pod spot, I guess caught a tree or something, he had 130 in the rough left for his 3rd, the other guy (caladbolg) timed out or nwe with a 9m putt for eag.

(Our good friend Sophie decided to make a cameo appearance at the end lol)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/__Mace__/MG5_081212_170__Ajpg.jpg

rowdybusch
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Great work Mace!

Keep em rolling

The-Dreamcaster
12-12-2008, 07:19 AM
sweet. i really have to get minna. i hit -14 on euro front 9 the other day with kate. 2 lucky eagles from about 150y chips and everything else hit perfect.. annoyingly i did this against my dad, on a offline ladder match

clint_westwood
12-12-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah well done mace............is that my name way down there at 10th spot pah!!!!!

erm......to be fair i was going gung ho for the eagle and had to take risks.........but did not pay off!!

yeah dreamcaster get minna, i am actually uploading some videos right now....im clearing out my saved shots thing and putting them on here....

some good SBS shots and some laughable failed homings

nathyboy11
12-12-2008, 10:06 AM
congrats mason do u get 2 level 18 when u win 10 g0's??

p1um5mu991er
12-12-2008, 10:55 AM
good to see that sophie-ann is now offline
i still have yet to turn that friend notification deal off

certainly looks action-packed though--the extra pressure of not only pulling off a perfect round but also having the points to back it up must be quite a rush

MasonR
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys.

Yeah, nathy I'm one away from the next level, hopefully I get that soon.