PDA

View Full Version : Power Players - August 2010

hcandelar
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
AUGUST RANKINGS!!!

There’s a little something extra this month… yes, that’s right, career stats! (I did this for you p1um!) I’m not a big fan of the career stats, since there are a lot of restarts and 2nd accounts that muddle up the results, not to mention various learning curves, demotions, etc. Some people choose to tour right out of the g0 gate and others wait until they feel the can handle the competition... but maybe that’s just my own bias since I drastically fall down the list on that one and find it nearly impossible to change one's positioning… not sure. Anyway, I have included everyone that I have stats for and added them to the career results. They are organized the same as the monthly rankings, the overall ranking coming from the average pts/game number. For the few people that have ylod or had ps3 issues of some kind that I have their previous stats for before their ps3 crashed, I have combined the previous numbers with the current numbers to give a better “career” figure.

Well, I’d really like to hear feedback if the career stats is something you want and would like to see more often. Since those numbers are more static, a monthly update seems like too much work (on my end) for such a small changes, but if this is something you would like to see every few months, or you don’t care, or whatever, please let me know. Thanks. :)

If you would like to be added to the list to receive the rankings in picture form, please send me a message saying you would like to be added to the list and I’ll send the picture to your PS3. Thanks.

New level 20s
chris060870 (for the 2nd time)
PizzaGuy8042
lagar9
Tinko008
TOMMO1977

Milestones

Tours
p1um5mu991er - 4000
MayhemMurd - 3000
merlino64 - 2000
hcandelar - 2000
SolidLeon-PR - 1000
SpontaneousONE - 1000
Doylev - 1000
Light_KraZe - 1000
A_LITTLE_DARKER – 1000

Wins
p1um55mu991er - 800
DustSheep - 800
Canillo - 200
dimskill - 200
Megaman80 – 100

2nds
p1um5mu991er - 700
STB24 - 400
Megaman80 – 100

Pods
p1um5mu991er - 1000
Airscoots - 600
merlino64 - 300
KRONZZZ - 300
heroes59 - 300
EL_GUAPO3000 - 200
BGunner - 200
Canillo - 200
SolidLeon-PR - 100
janne_ - 100
my1stpar_II* - 100
PizzaGuy8042 - 100
Mutard – 100

Level 20s that are not included on the rankings for various reasons... retired, haven't seen them in ages or were not able to get their stats:

A-O-Dawaitsu*, aeris-red*, Albi91, brett-pitt, cameron_rae123, clint_westwood, d7418, EaritEarit, Elandale, gaz974ferg, gianluca200279, gimmedaalbatross, GOLFNUT1414, GorgeousDre, iceberg_brulant, interyernan, J-Mod, Jagarico, K*X, Kbongg, Kevin01SH, nathyboy11, OGICEMAN, Optimus_Prime, OverlordLaharl, ragefire18, reeja19, Sasquatch2, Scorpion-1973, Shoinan, sled_dogs76, smuguy97, SuperPal-, Tamahac, The_Frog_76, URRRDONE, WyliePeyote, ZephyrXIII

Requirements:

+ To be eligible for the rankings, you must be a L20 or have 30 g0 wins.

+ To be ranked, you must have a MINIMUM of 30 g0 tours during month.

+ If I’m not able to gather your info at the end of the month, and the following month your stats reflect 2 months of data, it’s now required that you must have 30 tours PER month (so 60 tours) to be ranked. If I still can’t find you and I have no information in 3 months, then I’ll move you to the retired list. If you come back and play during the following month, I’ll move you from the retired list back to the ranks.

Breakdown of the rankings:

The Rankings are determined by your average points per game within the given month. So, on average how many tour points you score every time you play a round. Everyone has good months, bad months, slow starts, a hot streak, etc… so this is will show you how you are currently playing the game. Remember, this is only based on what you performed the past month, not your career stats!

Power Players Rankings Formula: (wins x 4) + (2nds x 3) + (3rds x 2) / tours played

There are 3 sections on the spreadsheet, they include:

+ Your raw data, shows you the NUMBER of tours, wins, 2nd, 3rds you achieved for the month. As well as your total pods... 1st, 2nds, 3rds combined.

+ The middle section is how OFTEN you win, 2nd or 3rd and your total pods. (For example you win 20% of the time. wins/tours)

+ The last section is your RANKINGS for each of the other categories in the left & middle section. You may be ranked #30 in the number of tours you play but you pod consistently and ranked #10 in how often (your %) of total pods that you make. The numbers in that last section show where you rank, color-coded for the top 10 in each category. The 2nd spreadsheet shows you the top 10 players for each category in an easier to read format.

+ Then 2nds/Win and 3rds/Win. These are based on a ratio of how many 2nd places or 3rds you earned per win. For example: if you have 2 win, 4 2nds and 6 pods this month. You simply divide your 2nd places by your wins… so you will have earned 2 2nd places for every win you got. And 3 pods for each win you received.

In case you want to compare… here is the link to the July rankings:
http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/community/showthread.php?t=8069

Lastly, the results sections of the chart is now color coded, yellow is a higher score than your previous month, blue is a lower score and white is no change or no ranking in the previous month.

Okay, well, that's it for this month! If you want to be included for the future months, please make sure you get in at least 30 tours for the month and be sure to find HC or Dimskill within the first few days of the month so we can get your new numbers! Thank you very much!

hcandelar
09-09-2010, 09:41 AM
<iframe width='1375' height='1595' frameborder='0' src='https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuN7eFatYYGfdGRKdG9XN0Rhb3hpTkNHOExNcW80V VE&hl=en&single=true&gid=47&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

<iframe width='1250' height='1600' frameborder='0' src='https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuN7eFatYYGfdGRKdG9XN0Rhb3hpTkNHOExNcW80V VE&hl=en&single=true&gid=51&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

<iframe width='1100' height='1900' frameborder='0' src='https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuN7eFatYYGfdGRKdG9XN0Rhb3hpTkNHOExNcW80V VE&hl=en&single=true&gid=50&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

dimskill
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Top stuff, Candi

p1um5mu991er
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
that is good work--career win% and pod% are what i'm most interested in, especially since almost all of the top 30 have never had a 2nd account or lost data. 20%/60% is the gold standard in my book, and i've always fought to stay on par with that.

just always felt that career numbers give a more accurate account of a person's talent--rules out hot streaks/cold streaks, rules out 2nd account bias, rules out dominance of overinflated stats (poppers, saki, and zephyr are good examples)

Elektropop
09-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Very interesting stuff candi. If I may ask, how did you end up calculating the career rankings? Since it's not any one factor per say, that gives you a good rank, but maybe more of an average? I know total wins can't have an impact since I'm 5th... I tried to figure it out but my brains is not work properly today.

Marrow_Farmer
09-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Errr point's per tour! :rolleyes:

Miill
09-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Great job again Candi and Zaho.

PizzaGuy8042
09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
The amount of work you pour into this is much appreciated. I think that both ranking systems are pertinent, but the monthly is probably more of an indicator of what's currently going on. For example, Arnold Palmer will always be one of the greatest players in golf, however, how would we rank him against say Phil Mickelson? Most majors won or current statistics? This is why I think both rankings are important and have value. So anyways...keep up the great work!

Elektropop
09-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Errr point's per tour! :rolleyes:

Even highlighted in green.

I'm either color blind, lazy or incredibly stupid. Even discussed this with candi...

Anyway, nice work :)

Marrow_Farmer
09-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Even highlighted in green.

I'm either color blind, lazy or incredibly stupid. Even discussed this with candi...

Anyway, nice work :)

All three :p

dimskill
09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Excellent point PG. I like the monthly stats, and comparison with the previous months, as it shows levels of consistency. It is quite the eyeopener how many players actually stay fairly constant from month to month.

Elektropop
09-10-2010, 09:30 AM
All three :p

Touche and well played.

jskillz95
09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I like the addition of career rankings (even though I am 94 of 95) because it supports the fact that I am slowly improving. The monthly stats reflect current trending data and although I am in the in the lower half I am not dead last. It is gonna take a huge sustained hot streak to impact my career numbers. Great job on compiling stats though.

pinktacoshmaz
09-11-2010, 12:54 AM
For some reason when I play I only care about winning. If I get to a point where I have no chance at finishing first, I lose interest and usually wind up out of a podium spot. I think Mason is the same way. If you're not first, you're last.

dimskill
09-11-2010, 02:09 AM
For some reason when I play I only care about winning. If I get to a point where I have no chance at finishing first, I lose interest and usually wind up out of a podium spot. I think Mason is the same way. If you're not first, you're last.

I still derive a lot of satisfaction from grinding out a pod, especially when I'm not firing. It also harks back to the days when every pod was precious, and needed to maintain the cur. This is also why I don't give them away very often (twice, in fact),

MasonR
09-11-2010, 02:35 AM
I waffle on that subject. Really just depends on how I'm feeling about my position. If it's a great round from a buddy I might stay and watch, and pod. If I'm really far back I trick myself into thinking I still have a chance, sometimes you get lucky with a win when it seems hopeless (3 eag finish at Safari is one I'll always remember). There was a time when I'd just drop right out and load up minna, or mag or something else.

If I knock two shots OB on grex 5 after a riser fail in the first four, I'm leaving. :p

But yeah I'd like to see DNF and NWE stats, but it's not possible. I know I could have a lot more pods, possibly a hundred or more and some more wins if I had finished every tour. It's as pink says though, really easy to shut the game off once you're not able to win. And a bunch of extra pods would be cool, but meh. Pods are losers with an asterisk. Although that doesn't mean I won't accept the pod and my rightful place if I play all 9/18 holes.

One thing I will say is I can't stand it when someone finishes all 18 holes and then drops out when they don't win. So they aren't seen as not being first. You notice they don't do this when fewer than 10 finish though, because they wouldn't be out of the forthcoming pic. It's not exactly fair to someone who may have taken pride in beating you that game. There's a number of people that I'll scroll down for and take a second pic to see how far down they were and how much I beat them by and rub it in their face when they try to say they've never been beaten by 10 shots, lawl. Those people aren't Em or plum, btw. ;)

dimskill
09-11-2010, 03:21 AM
They always say that "show me 2nd place and I'll show you the first loser", but even if I am behind, my competitive streak always makes me want to overtake the person in front. Only if nothing is going right will I DNF, and at Rex, I will play to the end because there are so many opportunites for others to drop out.

p1um5mu991er
09-11-2010, 08:18 AM
oh...i'll admit...i've bailed a lot lately. it's just become too upsetting to choke. it's embarrassing. i don't mind being beaten as long as the person who beat me isn't me.

...but i will take my damn pod when i do it.

Elektropop
09-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Same for me. I'm happy to get a pod by playing good, meaning someone played even better! Way more happy than winning by playing bad.

Usually it's as plum says: The one who beats me is myself.

pinktacoshmaz
09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Same for me. I'm happy to get a pod by playing good, meaning someone played even better! Way more happy than winning by playing bad.

Usually it's as plum says: The one who beats me is myself.Scandanavians arent competitive enough.

dimskill
09-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Scandanavians arent competitive enough.

I dunno, having first to win a competition with yourself before setting out against the rest of the world, sounds pretty competitve to me.

Scandanavians not competitve? You tell Megaman that:D

johnboru
09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
As Elektropop is Finnish (among other things), he is not properly classed as Scandanavian (a cheeky scamp maybe). The Finnish language is not related to the North Germanic ones of Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
You can chuck Greenland, the Faroes, Iceland and Finland in with Scandanavia and refer to them collectively as the Nordic Countries.

Christ I am boring.... as boring as a Scandanavian :p

p1um5mu991er
09-12-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.norway-hei.com/images/map-of-scandinavia.jpg

The-Dreamcaster
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt318/the-dreamcaster/map-of-scandinavia.jpg

Megaman80
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I dunno, having first to win a competition with yourself before setting out against the rest of the world, sounds pretty competitve to me.

Scandanavians not competitve? You tell Megaman that:D

hmmm, Very Good!

i'm not gonna comment that, btw put 115 on that map :p not my fault not many nordic countries compete here :) i tried to recruit some guys but they didnt make it to g0 :/. and i think cartman has a few if im not mistaken....

Come back and help me cartman!

Anyways its not like im going for the 1000 wins mark i just like to play whatever and doing pb's

p1um5mu991er
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM
hahaha stellar dreamer

Elektropop
09-13-2010, 07:08 AM
hmmm, Very Good!

i'm not gonna comment that, btw put 115 on that map :p not my fault not many nordic countries compete here :) i tried to recruit some guys but they didnt make it to g0 :/. and i think cartman has a few if im not mistaken....

Come back and help me cartman!

Anyways its not like im going for the 1000 wins mark i just like to play whatever and doing pb's

I think that's just Z vs. everyone of you. Keep it up putt apprentice Z.

Megaman80
09-13-2010, 07:11 AM
i really dont care about having 1000 wins :) or 1 000 000 for that matter, though it would be cool to have 1 000 000 000 000 000 002 wins..

p1um5mu991er
09-13-2010, 07:58 AM
1 000 000 000 000 000 003 wins is soooo much better than 1 000 000 000 000 000 002 wins

The-Dreamcaster
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah but that's reserved for the best players plum ;P