PDA

View Full Version : G1 Tournaments and their weird and wonderful rules

yasdad
12-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Is it my imagination, or do the G1 tournaments have some crazy rules forced upon them? I expect it if and when I make it to G0, but G1 seems to have an abundance.

So far I've had 13 G1 tournaments and at least 5 have forced Kraptos on us (that's especiually good for me, as I have a loyalty of 1 or 2 :( - but it's rising :D), another forced Dino with rain on us all (yeah, great idea!!!!!).

It seams almost every tournament has some, or often several, rules imposed that make them a little cookoo :D

The only rule that seems to work for me is Sasha with standard balls and clubs - got a PB (equalled Anya's score of -17, but beat it by 2 points) on Euro Long for a 2nd place yesterday, and also took a G2 win on Safari with the same setup a couple of weeks back :o

Do we ever get a standard G1 tournament with regular wind and weather, where we have at least a choice of character grades instead of one being forced?

OK, rant over :)

Dr_Amazak
12-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Do we ever get a standard G1 tournament with regular wind and weather, where we have at least a choice of character grades instead of one being forced?

Yes, yes you do. I will say this, however, what I have noticed about g1 is that if you max out all characters, it seems to give you a heavy advantage at g1 tournaments. I mean, a maxed out Bloom in Bloom only tourneys does wonders since players rarely use Bloom except for Bloom only tourneys.

But yeah, once you reach g1, the crazy weather rules as well as other bs starts to get implemented. It's like g0 training, but not quite. ;)

yasdad
12-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I keep thinking "I'll spend a bit of time and max out some more characters", but I never seem to find the time for that :D I'm sure I could have done a little better with a maxed out Kratos though - haven't even come close to a pod with him yet >:(

Dr_Amazak
12-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah, Kratos screams loyalty.

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
yeah the doctors right, its a more watered down version of G0 training to try adn break you in.........

but it wont ;D

say goodbye to sunny golfing and hello to umbrellas and galvin greens

BGunner
12-18-2008, 08:32 AM
G1 'tis the minor leagues, start with your novice stan/stan on long tee Crown in the rain now, it will help with your transistion. ;)

yasdad
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
LOL :D Sounds like fun up there :D But tell me: do you have to use Kratos every third tournament? :o :D

koudman
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
For G0 it's simple and I will share the secret here ;)

- Courses: Crown Links, Silver Peaks and Oceania only.

- Characters: Mix of novice only (free pick yay!), intermediate only (another free pick yay!), Alex, Gloria, Kratos

- Equipment: A lot of std/std but we do get to pick equipment more than characters

Worst thing is the Alex only, std/std and rain tourneys. Don't even care what course it's on but this completely annoys me (I cannot SPI every shot you know...)

What I hope is that Jurrasic Park will come to HSG soon as G0 only seems to be getting mostly a random selection of paid DLC to play with...

yasdad
12-18-2008, 09:36 AM
G0 only seems to be getting mostly a random selection of paid DLC to play with...

:o Ouch, that's pretty sneaky tactics to get you to buy the content >:( Maybe that's why Kratos is used so much :o Fortunately, I've got the course and characters, but I'm not impressed with the underhand way you are forced into buying it if you get good ???

Roughdawg4
12-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I am not buying any more DLC. I paid for the extra characters and Oceania, but I will not spend anymore money on them :)

koudman
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I am not buying any more DLC. I paid for the extra characters and Oceania, but I will not spend anymore money on them :)

Not even the new course (whenever that gets to us)

Roughdawg4
12-18-2008, 10:17 AM
when they change the crappy g0 scheduling, I will start buying DLC. I am on strike.

Maybe if we all stop buying DLC, they will have to listen and change their ways :)

the_smug_one
12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
when they change the crappy g0 scheduling, I will start buying DLC. I am on strike.

Maybe if we all stop buying DLC, they will have to listen and change their ways :)

Dude, haven't you been "on strike" from playing G0 tournaments like... forever?

Agree that the scheduling should be improved, but I don't think it's a legit reason to boycott DLC that adds to a game you obviously really enjoy.

cartman1337
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
:o Ouch, that's pretty sneaky tactics to get you to buy the content >:( Maybe that's why Kratos is used so much :o Fortunately, I've got the course and characters, but I'm not impressed with the underhand way you are forced into buying it if you get good ???

You've got a point, but I look at it from a rather different perspective myself. If you've bought the DLC you'll want to use it, right? It's only fair to those who HAVE purchased it to have tournaments run on the course or with the characters they've bought. Those who don't want the DLC DO have a choice; they can wait for the next tournament. ;)

Roughdawg4
12-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Dude, haven't you been "on strike" from playing G0 tournaments like... forever?

Agree that the scheduling should be improved, but I don't think it's a legit reason to boycott DLC that adds to a game you obviously really enjoy.

Yeah and the reason I have been on strike from G0 Tournaments before is the crappy scheduling.

They come out with a bunch of new stuff and the constant cry since the beginning was add some variety to the g0 tournaments.

Besides, I don't need DLC to enjoy the game. I enjoy HSG anyway. :)

yasdad
12-18-2008, 11:25 AM

You've got a point, but I look at it from a rather different perspective myself. If you've bought the DLC you'll want to use it, right? It's only fair to those who HAVE purchased it to have tournaments run on the course or with the characters they've bought. Those who don't want the DLC DO have a choice; they can wait for the next tournament. ;)

There's always 2 sides to the same coin :) I see what you're saying - you pays your money and takes you're choice :)

KRONZZZ
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
lol it may seem rough now m8 but wait until g0 you will wish you still had these wonderful rules :P

The-Dreamcaster
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
For G0 it's simple and I will share the secret here ;)

- Courses: Crown Links, Silver Peaks and Oceania only.

- Characters: Mix of novice only (free pick yay!), intermediate only (another free pick yay!), Alex, Gloria, Kratos

- Equipment: A lot of std/std but we do get to pick equipment more than characters

Worst thing is the Alex only, std/std and rain tourneys. Don't even care what course it's on but this completely annoys me (I cannot SPI every shot you know...)

What I hope is that Jurrasic Park will come to HSG soon as G0 only seems to be getting mostly a random selection of paid DLC to play with...

not true man, i saw an expert only tourn the other day and i won it or at least came close, i forget.
But yes, largely it does force DLC on you..
But g1 is easy compared to g0, although at least we don't get Dino, Rain tourns, which are evil..
Novice only/ intermediate only are common.
Kratos tourns are fun though =]

the_smug_one
12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Expert only tournaments are <b>extremely</b> rare in G0 on the international server. In my 250+ G0 rounds logged, I've played in all of two that had some type of expert only restriction.