PDA

View Full Version : 12/18 Update

yasdad
12-18-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm currently downloading an update - anyone know the contents of this? I'll let you know when it's done if nobody else replies :)

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 05:45 AM
we may be getting the xmas lobby parts here then??

clint aint gonna look cool as a fat santa!!

yasdad
12-18-2008, 06:18 AM
It took me 40 minutes to download and install - but my downloads always seem to take a long time anyway :O

Here's a transcript of the update details........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everybody's Golf World Tour online mode is being updated!

When: 18/12/2008, from 10:00 (GMT)

Update:

-NEW! Online Leaderboards: check out the new rankings posted in the online lobby, split into 3 catagories - RG Ranking, Score Ranking and Loyalty Ranking. For more information on how to qualify, please check the in-game website (www.everybodysgolfgame.com)

-More new content will be available to download from PlayStationStore! Look out for Costume Pack - Pirate Plus Four, which will give you fun new outfits for Jasmine, Sophie, Bloom, Maruyama and Anya in 6 different colour variations.

-Also keep an eye out for a special present we will be giving away starting Christmas eve (24/12) from the PlayStationStore. We have prepared a special downloadable character plus some cool online avatars as a thank you for playing Everybody's Golf: World Tour this year!

This will be our last update in 2008 - hope to see you all again on the golf course in 2009!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew! That took some typing :) Obviously, it's text written for the European version :)

Well, there it is :) No course, but rankings, a new character and some costumes and avatars -enjoy :)

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:27 AM
this deserves caps locks

YA DANCER!!!! TRUST ME THE LEADERBOARD SYSTEM IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE NEW COURSE FOR LONGEVITY!!!!

IT LETS US G0 PLAYERS PLAY MEANINGFUL GF GAMES BETWEEN TOURS WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:32 AM
well done yasdad, cheered me up..............i can feel my flu lifting already ;D

rowdybusch
12-18-2008, 06:35 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEET

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:40 AM
i'm excited now.......how excited??

probably more excited than a preist in a hot tub with five chior boys!!! ;D

yasdad
12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
i'm excited now.......how excited??

probably more excited than a preist in a hot tub with five chior boys!!! ;D

LOL ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, now that I've wiped that vision from my mind :o ;D I did briefly enter the lobby and check the rankings. It looks like you need to play a tournament before you're registered - I was not listed, but a small number were.

No time to play now though - lunch break over - only enough time for the update :D

koudman
12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
OK - Who wants to help me out because my regular source for DLC is not online regularly and the DLC apparently is only available on the 24th (I have HSG and not EBG)...If the pack is free then I will be OK but if it's not free I can't dl because it won't accept my credit card (as I don't live in the US)

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:45 AM
the leaderboads are free koudo, you will have to buy the DLC outfits etc.....

are you saying this is just a EGWT update and not a HSG update??

Roughdawg4
12-18-2008, 06:49 AM
This topic has been split since it is not the 11/27 Update ;)

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
This topic has been split since it is not the 11/27 Update ;)

ooooooooooohhhh ya smarty pants, i was thinking same ;D

yasdad
12-18-2008, 06:51 AM

Can there be separate updates for the 2 versions? We all play together and so we all see each other's costumes - surely we need to have the update at the same time or it just won't work?

rowdybusch
12-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Although it seems odd that your update sends you to everybodysgolfgame.com

It might tell us to go to hotshotsgolf.com LOL

Infuse us with more members

They should be compatible but I guess we'll find out later today.

Too bad I am not home til 10PM tonight... I might try to sneak home

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 07:00 AM
dont worry rowdy all my updates have mentioned that pathetic site , just as yours will metion hotshotsgolf site

i was just unsure as to what koudman was meaning

koudman
12-18-2008, 07:54 AM

Well it doesn't say you have to pay for the DLC right - It says it's something to show their appreciation for enduring a couple of months of rain on G0 with Alex and in my opinion that should be free :)

BGunner
12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm guessing that the special character on Christmas eve will still cost money, but the lobby parts will be free like minna.

So what's everyone's guess for the character? I'm guessing Sackboy with Toro (novice character in minna) stats? Or Kris Kringle himself?

yasdad
12-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The way it's been written, it sounds like a freebie download character - but we shall see :)

My guess is it'll be the old caddie dressed up as Santa ;D

interyernan
12-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Just done the update and looking through the leaderboards - the new character will be Toro - exactly the same as on Minna. There is a loyalty rankming bracket for him so i doubt very much he will be free. Regarding the free stuff they may be giving us it will probably be some festive lobby parts and they will just appear like they did with the Kratos face, body and sword. As for the G0 schedule there is no change still crappppppppy Ocenaia, Crown, peaks, +2 this, rain strong wind etc.

gorgeousdre
12-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Damn my slow internet. I really want to check out all of the standings!
And FINALLY a reason to play GF tourns. YAY! I'm just plain giddy. I don't care how gay it sounds either, lol

the_smug_one
12-18-2008, 10:48 AM
<i>"Also keep an eye out for a special present we will be <b>giving away</b> starting Christmas eve (24/12) from the PlayStationStore. We have prepared a special downloadable character plus some cool online avatars as a thank you for playing Everybody's Golf: World Tour this year!"</i>

Agree with Yasdad's assessment on this one. The new character sounds like a free download.

clint_westwood
12-18-2008, 10:52 AM
i think we getting toro in a different form

interyernan
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
His drag queen half brother "clintoro".

the_smug_one
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd like to see Toro in a form that doesn't block the goddamn hole when you're trying to chip in.

the_smug_one
12-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Goddarn? Fun times with censorship.

yasdad
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh dear! I've just noticed a little problem - ust tried to get into a G1 tourny, but they're all empty.... but a GF had 40 players in it :o :o :o This could be a problem for a while :D

CJR1315
12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
His drag queen half brother "clintoro".

I'm sorry, but that is hilarious.

Morpheus
12-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh dear! I've just noticed a little problem - ust tried to get into a G1 tourny, but they're all empty.... but a GF had 40 players in it :o :o :o This could be a problem for a while :D

Well, its a step in the right direction i think....Its generating more play.

KRONZZZ
12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree Morph most def a step in the right direction indeed

reeja19
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
What a great fn day for me, 1st we get this update, and then I get Minna in the mail, happy early Christmas to me ;D

The-Dreamcaster
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
very cool update. i do like the leaderboard.. my 4 g0 wins in 31 tourns now =] is pretty good going.

there is a very large chance the update will be Toro, as a major clue is on the leaderboards. If you scroll through the characters on the loyalty leaderboard, Toro is the last 1 thats there. Could just be left over from Minna coding, but i'm guessing it isn't.
It will be good to play some GF's again.
should just enter them by ya self lol

Morpheus
12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
They never cease to amaze me...

Ok, so i boot up OOB and try to go online, and of course have to get the latest update...kool, no problem. After installing and going online i read the update notice, and towards the end of their notice it reads...

So on December 23rd, make sure to stop by the PlayStation Store to unwrap your Hot Shots Golf gift and celebrate the Swingin' Holidays HGS style!

"HGS STYLE"?!?!? Are you kidding me, that they got their own initials/acronym wrong in their notice? Its no wonder it was down thanksgiving weekend, and they treat our servers like a step child....they don't even have a decent test team to check spelling!

LOL

Roughdawg4
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
lol that is funny.

And yeah we are treated like the ugly read headed step child :)

SphinxnihpS
12-18-2008, 05:49 PM
531 files at over 108MB (could be 208, 308, 408, etc.). Prety big update in any case.

Also I agree; I have a 10Mb connection which I usually get around 1MB/sec on. I seem to get about 150kB/sec max from anything Sony.

ElectroFox
12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
It took me 40 minutes to download and install - but my downloads always seem to take a long time anyway :O

oiy Mr.Yasdad.. I'm still waiting, with my numb butt, for the download to finish which is almost 3 hours now @ 95%. The 40 minutes you said, is it HotShots you talking about? Oh really, your download always take long time? >:(

BGunner
12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
It will be good to play some GF's again.
should just enter them by ya self lol

Your score will not be recorded if you play with less than 10 people in any type of tournament (GF,G3, G2....), however your loyalty will be recorded regardless of ow people are there.

clint_westwood
12-19-2008, 02:50 AM
yeah and let me point out that now we kinda have a choice of tours.......sort of.

i would rather now play a GF game anywhere instead of a G0 with alex rain and thats what i will do......

i cant win any items at G0 just level up really

lol at clintoro haaa, cheers inter ;D

yasdad
12-19-2008, 08:18 AM

oiy Mr.Yasdad.. I'm still waiting, with my numb butt, for the download to finish which is almost 3 hours now @ 95%. The 40 minutes you said, is it HotShots you talking about? Oh really, your download always take long time? >:(

Whoops, well I thought 40 minutes was a long time - any update I ever get (formware, games etc.) always seems to take a vast amount of time, but maybe I got lucky this time :o :D Hope it's downloaded now :)

ghost33
12-21-2008, 06:26 PM
so if i ply one official tourney on oob ill be registered on ranking boards?