PDA

View Full Version : New DLC coming?

rowdybusch
08-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Rumors are running rampant...

Looks like a big update is coming today?
I wonder if it would effect the tournament for today....

Let hope we get some or all of the DLC that Japan has been getting!

Bring on the UPDATE!!!! ;D

Roughdawg4
08-20-2008, 08:10 AM
I heard a rumor of a new character but I find that hard to believe since we are missing so much stuff that Japan already has.

Hopefully the leaderboard and costumes show up.

fizzgog
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
hi guys, the changes come into effect tomorrow (21st), including a new character. it tells you all the details when you log on (where the scheduled maintenance times are).
see ya tonight
pete

clint_westwood
08-20-2008, 01:42 PM
yip we are getting more or less what the JP servers have..

1) win a trophy , you get to show off and parade it for 12 hrs ........**note to clint, may have to go back to G1 to experience that!!

2) new character?? i read this on the log in notice just now, i think thats a mistake and is really just the new character costumes, prefer a new character though

3) online leader board and yes people can now not only nosey at the fact that it took you 791 games to get a G3 win but can see all your course scores( this kinda affects me because my highlands is only -18 and like most guys i just play online so may need to go offline and use expert to boost scores ..cant have people laughing can we

4) rare avatar( wee lobby dude) items ala JP, probably the power rangers and stuff

now i dont know if these prizes are ranked i.e the top prizes are in G0 like usual or if its a case of the same rare prizes no matter wether you win in G0,G1,G2,G3

rowdybusch
08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks clint!
I can't wait to see this stuff update!

I'll be waiting patiently... Like we have not been already!

;D

Rowdy

Roughdawg4
08-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know if this is true, but people are saying the new character is going to be kratos from god of war.

It looks too good to be true.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/kratos-joins-the-hot-shots-golf-lineup/

Roughdawg4
08-21-2008, 05:28 AM
I should have my faq updated sometime today with all the new store update.

clint_westwood
08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
wouldn't it be funny if it was kratos and they put this big muscleman in with the novice's with a drive of 238y ........that would be funny !!

as long as he is not all bulk like LJ and then completely useless in the game

Roughdawg4
08-21-2008, 06:45 AM
that was what I was thinking. I mean we are due for a novice character and he would be god among ants. :)

Roughdawg4
08-21-2008, 10:23 AM
KRATOS

Stats with standard clubs:
Power 297
Control C
Impact E
Spin B
Sidespin E

Good in both bunker and rough.

rowdybusch
08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Is he a Novice...?

With that power he should be an Expert.

I can't wait to update!!
Is it time to go home yet?

Roughdawg4
08-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Lol. I am in the same boat, I want to go home early too. And actually I leave for Florida tomorrow so I won't be able to use him for a while.

I only guessed he would be novice, he should be expert.

rowdybusch
08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Have a safe trip Bud!

I have read the following so until I see it for myself it is pure speculation on my part.

There is a screenshot function for the end of tournament screens in graded & real tours!
also random prizes in graded tournaments for non podium finishes

Also new ways to view stats on tournament begining screens & by using the L3 function in the lobby.

This looks like a great update!

Roughdawg4
08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Haha Dre submitted the items he unlocked. 2 new items were added in the update. thats right I said 2.

He got 2 items and after that he actually got a message saying he got all the items.

Optimus_Prime
08-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Wonder when we'll get the leaderboards. I'm guessing when (if) they fix the scoring glitch (that somehow Japan doesn't have). Random partcipation prizes are nice. Hey, now when I'm floundering in a G0 tourney, I can aim for 12th or 22nd! :D