PDA

View Full Version : UK Domination On Minna!

interyernan
12-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Christmas Day, Cars, Myself and Reeja all played in a G1 together on Minna and the results speak for themselves.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp259/interyernan/SafariLT18HAnyaStandardStandard.jpg

ClayBoy31991
12-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Good job! By the way, can u read or do u understand Japanese? Cuz it looks like it takes a long time to get used to a different language. Right now, Im taking a French class in High School and it gets hard at times, but Im getting used to it.

Roughdawg4
12-25-2008, 07:24 PM
yeah I thought it was the hardest language to learn

ClayBoy31991
12-25-2008, 07:25 PM
U mean u actually understand Japanese RD???

Roughdawg4
12-25-2008, 07:32 PM
lol no, I was stating that I thought it was the hardest to learn. Don't they have 39 tenses or something crazy like that.

We only have 6 tenses.

ClayBoy31991
12-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh, I was about to say. It probably would take about a year( or more) to fully understand the Japanese language. I wouldnt want to spend all of that time learning a new language, not me.

kumanzc
12-25-2008, 08:19 PM
grammar actually isn't that hard if you understand grammar in English which sadly many don't. The part that kills you is reading as they use kanji (over 3000 characters), hiragana (IIRC about 52 or 72 characters depending on what you count as a character) and katakana (about same as hiragana). Add to that, kanji is symbol based which we have nothing to really compare it to makes it that much more difficult to learn. There are a few other complicated points as well too such as counting as they use a different system depending on what you are counting (ex. cyclindrical shaped objects, flat objects, animals)

MasonR
12-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh, I was about to say. It probably would take about a year( or more) to fully understand the Japanese language. I wouldnt want to spend all of that time learning a new language, not me.

You don't need to know a lick of Japanese to play on the jp server. Memorizing the menus and rules (or referencing them) is enough.

Very nice round, Int. Where did you place on the board? I shot a -21 Safari with Sasha before I left on vacation, can't remember if it was Long tee or not though. Can't wait to see you guys in G0 soon!

interyernan
12-26-2008, 04:19 AM
The server got reset on Christmas Day morning so after that round i was number 1. I don't expect to keep it for very long but feel really pleased with myself for setting a new pb on Safari Long Tee considering i did it with Anya Standrd Standard on 4 loyalty. (By the way i hate playing with Anya)

nathyboy11
12-31-2008, 06:06 PM
x-mas day was my 1st ever day on minna!and now im g0 already and got a pod! vn score inter mine only -19 and cant beat it :'(