PDA

View Full Version : Minna 6 - Slot machine rules

BGunner
11-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Almost impossible to play in slot machine tours when you have no idea what rule you've just selected. Sometimes you can figure it out, but most times not. I was leading a G3 tour last night, selected my rules for the last hole, and came to find out it was fairway +3...that didn't go too well. And there's one rule that makes your meter either go really slow or really fast - guaranteed shank.

I saw someone was sending shihiko screen shots of the rules, hopefully we'll have a translation guide up soon, until then, no slot tours for me!

johnboru
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I can read most of them but it is a brutal tour method.

When you are leading or near the top you get negative attributes, while you are rewarded with positive ones when you are chasing.

My first tour was a slot one and I was leading on the 7th of a 9-hole event and had a 'double slot' of pi = +2 and limited clubs. I stupidly hit pi on my approach and bogeyed the hole to fall behind. Was 6th going to the last and got 'big cup' and 'no wind' and jumped up to second with a homing albatross. (Harvest 9H out)

I like the masochistic nature of the tours but not sure I will play them too often.

BGunner
11-28-2012, 08:17 AM
It's definitely a fun tour rule that can make late comebacks easier and keeps everyone in the tour, but without knowing what the rules are (besides the ones that either have some english in the rule or ones that I remember from Minna 5 like rough, tree, etc, it's masochistic to join them. ha.

The two things that need some more translation help are the menus online - to know how to find tours, find gamerooms, and make gamerooms, and the rules slot machine - there seems to be A LOT of rules - maybe 15-20 total?

Love the game though - to me it has more of a HSG:Fore feel than OOB especially when it comes to the trad meter. I just love having offline stuff to do and having the familiarity of the wonderful series but the newness as well.

PizzaGuy8042
11-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Fairway+3, LOL. That one cost me a tour last night, too! I think those tours are a blast, though.

BGunner
11-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Here's an updated rules cheat sheet....

http://sdrv.ms/TwpcbM

koudman
12-08-2012, 06:07 AM
I hate this system - seems that it's really tricky to win your tour when leading on the last hole... Got +3 perfect impact and superslow fast gauge on last hole. Just of PI on the first one but got PI on the second ended 4th.

Got a hole out on a tiny cup before and another on a regular hole in the same round... nothing to show for it!

ToxiKent
12-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I realy like the slot tours but just like vegas there is nothing random about the outcome of the spin. You are better off being in 5th or 6th place going into the last hole.

sophie-ann
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Here's an updated rules cheat sheet....

http://sdrv.ms/TwpcbM

links broken or something says

" This item might not exist or is no longer available
This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information. "

ghost33
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Yeah I couldn't open it up either gun.

ToxiKent
12-11-2012, 07:26 AM
i noticed this morning that there was some kind of a message in the online introduction screen about short courses. anyone know what it said? also i wanted to ask this question with a new thread but could not find "start a new thread". would someone help me with this?

johnboru
12-11-2012, 08:41 AM
As far as I know, you can only play the 'short course' in multi-player mode.

It is not a different course, however, just a random selection of Par 3s from all the other courses. On each round the holes are different.