PDA

View Full Version : That tears it!

Gaoler
12-08-2012, 11:42 PM
They really need to fix this ex-power shot! I just sent a powered up 3 wood (262 with orange power), got JPI and the damn ball went flying over the green (275) yards in a tournament. Went from potential eagle putt to a par chip-in.This is utterly ridiculous!

HEC007
12-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Agree - it's fairly easy to trigger. What you can do is to take the controller apart and build in a small switch to be able to turn the positional chip off an on.

Senidol
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I really think you two are becoming the exception, all the top players from Minna I'm in contact with all have similar movement to activate proper ex power. That is it requires proper timing, and quite a bit of movement to get it to register. Not a lot, but I have not seen a single shot in 60 some odd rounds that has activated on accident. Nor have I seen it in any of the streams I participate/watch daily. (Dozens of top end players from Japan.)

If it really is a problem maybe investing in a new controller is a good option to test. I'm sure there are others with sensitive controllers but I'm starting to realize that the trend is pointing towards more users without sensitivity issues.

Have you tried other controllers?

Gaoler
12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Have you tried other controllers?

That will be my next attempt at correcting the problem when I get home from this trip. I do apologize for the rant, but I was so frustrated about the whole thing. By the way, it happened 4 other times to me over the course of three different tours that night. I really don't understand why it is happening since I try to be aware of how much I move the controller when I am executing a shot and it still happens. The weird thing is that when it does occur, it shows the increased yardage underneath the club head, usually 13 or 14 yards over the original 10 yard boost for 23-24 total. I really wish they would just go back to hitting square twice or maybe an option to disable it.

jleviathan
12-12-2012, 06:51 AM
yep sounds to me like the controler is the issue. stop throwing it at the tv lol

Gaoler
12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Got new controller this afternoon. First 18 holes no issues, then on the second round, I powered up a 3 wood, Fatima Inf/Inf 252, powered up to 262, hit the drive and I get the dreaded ringing sound and notice the numbers under the club head read 273. Luckily it was a tee shot and not an approach. It's got to be something I'm doing but I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know of a way to disable the six-axis in the XMB or do I have to tear apart the controller and start unsoldering things?

jleviathan
12-14-2012, 06:46 AM
hey think about how you are moving your hands when you press x.
you may be doing movement without thinking just by habbit. is the only thing I can think of.

Gaoler
12-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Yep, gonna get me some restraints for my arms and wrists I guess if I can't find a way to disable it completely. What I can't understand is why anyone would need it except maybe from the tee. Possibly for a novice char to reach a par 5 green in two or maybe they think someone needs to hit a sand wedge 150 yards? What I have noticed is that I tend to jab the x button quite forcefully with my thumb when setting impact because I have such a terrible time getting a decent PI rate; undoubtedly I'm not hitting the button hard enough, haha. That's probably what's causing it, but for some reason I can't just play calmly lol.