PDA

View Full Version : New DLC for PS3/Vita Released.

Senidol
04-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Looks like there is new DLC on the PSN store today. Kat and Northern Fox are now available for purchase for the Ps3. Kat now has an alternative costume for purchase. And they are introducing "level 4" balls.

Northern Fox = 700yen
Kat = 500yen
Kat Alternate costume = 400yen
Kat + Alternate costume = 600yen

Level 4 Golf Balls:
Straight Ball = 200yen
Big Air = 200yen
Infinity = 200yen
Turbo Spin = 200yen
Pin Hole = 200yen
Beginner's = 200yen

All level 4 balls = 1200yen
Kat+costume+Course = 1300yen
Total = about 2500yen.

Still looking into if there are any discounts available or not for people who already own the Vita version. Everything says its for Ps3 and vita. Possible one time buy? More info at Shihiko's site to come later.

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=577

BGunner
04-11-2013, 08:01 AM
What's the best way to buy a Japanese PSN card again?

Senidol
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
What's the best way to buy a Japanese PSN card again?

Japan-codes.com

BGunner
04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks just ordered 2000 yen - $32.00 :-/

But the best part of minna 6 DLC, imo, is that you can play the course without having it - just find a game room or tour - that's a huge addition compared to HSG/Minna 5. It's like you get to sample it and see if you want to pay for it...solid.

Scotty9678
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Of course when I bought the card the last time I tried to be slick and buy a "larger" card - Too bad I only have 1,100 yen left...

SOB!!!

New course and big air ball for now...is Kat really that much better than any of the available players? If not I'll live for awhile with just the course and the ball.

Senidol
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Of course when I bought the card the last time I tried to be slick and buy a "larger" card - Too bad I only have 1,100 yen left...

SOB!!!

New course and big air ball for now...is Kat really that much better than any of the available players? If not I'll live for awhile with just the course and the ball.

Kat is very similar to Izzak, she is the Female High spin character.

More Distance, but less control, equal spin, same power shots, no rough weakness like Izzak more Sidespin. She probably ends up as the second best Expert character, only behind Max. But Izzak and Kat are the best characters for "mathers."

Senidol
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
By the way I haven't used the new equipment, with some added distance some of the character balances might be changed.

Scotty9678
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Is there anything left on the JPN Vita version not released on the PS3 version? If there's lvl 4 balls one has to assume there will be clubs too...

Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy that asks if there will be another course/character again soon...the only reason I'm asking is it really does make better $$$ sense to buy a larger card but I don't want yen to go to waste either.

Senidol
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Is there anything left on the JPN Vita version not released on the PS3 version? If there's lvl 4 balls one has to assume there will be clubs too...

Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy that asks if there will be another course/character again soon...the only reason I'm asking is it really does make better $$$ sense to buy a larger card but I don't want yen to go to waste either.

That is the issue with Clap Hanz, a lot of the information available is based solely on player educated guesses. Rumor is there will be level 4 clubs at some point, and the possibility of level 5 balls and clubs eventually. Now there are a lot of things to consider, will the level 4 equipment be required to have level 5 equipment? Will there be any package deals when both clubs and balls are available?

Here is my advice, if money isn't an issue just buy the whole set. If you have concerns on if your money is being well spent, that all depends on what you want out of the game. If you are playing cutting edge top tier tours you'll definitely want the big air ball.
But if you just enjoy playing with friends, and are a G2-G1 player there isn't really a reason to spend the extra money.

Keep in mind I haven't had a chance to readjust the calculations on Character balance, distance is a funny stat to weigh, because it not only increases distance, but indirectly effects spin because your choice of club on approach is less. But then again, distance loses a lot of stat weight after a certain point on certain courses.

If you want the current DLC I'd just buy enough yen to cover the current cost. Personally I'd rather spend an extra 5-10 dollars at a later date on more yen, then have 2500 yen sit forever.

hort22
04-13-2013, 09:27 AM
ok can someone lead me in the right direction...gonna buy the code from japan-codes...i'm assuming they will email me a code.

so sign in with japan account
go to psn store
enter code
then what? how to advance to buy course?

kdoll08
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey Senidol is there anyway you could update your navigation guide for setting up online rooms? I know it's changed a bit since the last few updates and I was having some trouble with it yesterday. Also maybe I just never noticed this before but in a game room can only ps3 play with ps3 and vita only play with vita? I thought at least for new real play they would be fine together since its just dots on a course but my friend and I could play no matter what we tried last night

Senidol
04-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey Senidol is there anyway you could update your navigation guide for setting up online rooms? I know it's changed a bit since the last few updates and I was having some trouble with it yesterday. Also maybe I just never noticed this before but in a game room can only ps3 play with ps3 and vita only play with vita? I thought at least for new real play they would be fine together since its just dots on a course but my friend and I could play no matter what we tried last night

Ps3 with Ps3, Vita with Vita, no real cross play except for tours and the dailies.

Marrow_Farmer
04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
ok can someone lead me in the right direction...gonna buy the code from japan-codes...i'm assuming they will email me a code.

so sign in with japan account
go to psn store
enter code
then what? how to advance to buy course?

Game isn't too hard to find in the store, just keep hunting under PS3 and you'll find it soon enough. Tis pretty straight forward to select and install the bits you want (even I managed it) :o

GuiltyBadguy
04-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Can't wait for Kat's maid costume to come to the U.S. Now if they've used her spy outfit as well... :3

hort22
04-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Game isn't too hard to find in the store, just keep hunting under PS3 and you'll find it soon enough. Tis pretty straight forward to select and install the bits you want (even I managed it) :o

yah thanks found it on the main screen actually...aced hole 6 first time playing the course!

cmon clap hanz now remake bagpipe classic and united forest!

BGunner
04-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Just a heads up for people looking for the minna DLC in the PS Store - there's an easy shortcut to get to the minna section of DLC in the store without having to navigate or guess your way from the storefront.

If you select the "disc benefits" disc image from the XMB - it opens up and there's a shortcut to the DLC section of minna in the PS Store. Took me about twenty mins aimlessly wandering around the japanese store without this method.

yangen
04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
A quick way is also to search for the game with the search feature on the top. You enter this:
みんなのgolf 6
It may take some time to find the correct characters on the virtual keyboard though.
Also you can look on the right side for the propositions offered, you don't need to fully type the words. ;)

kdoll08
04-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I just hit select twice when the keyboard comes up to put it in english and I search "golf 6". Everything comes right up.

yangen
04-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Even easier eheh :D