PDA

View Full Version : Who is that little caddy?

yasdad
01-01-2009, 04:18 AM
You know the one - little kid with glasses? Is it Trent?

Well, whoever he is, he will not be making it to his next birthday!!!!! The little **** cost me any chance I may have had of making it to G0 in my first 30.

I needed 8 points from my last 3 matches, and managed to win my first of the 3 last night :) Then it all went wrong!

It was on Euro Long Tee. I think it's the 3rd hole - par 5 with a dangerous shortcut through the trees. We had to use LJ and there was a Trees +2 rule imposed too, so no room for mistakes! I'd not had the best of starts, but was feeling confident enough to take it on.

So I lined up my landing zone, knowing that LJ will slice it, so trying to give him as much space as possible for the 2nd shot. Then I hit X to see where my aim was taking me and if I might be in danger of clipping the tree on the tee.

Then what do I see? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! Because that ******* caddy is standing right in front of the screen and completely blocking my view. I couldn't get the little **** to move, so I had to guess I was OK. But of course my impact zone was obscured by the little brat too and I ended up hitting a rabbit and going OB!!!!!

To cap it all off, after all that messing about, I forgot that the tournament speed was fast and ended up timing out before I had a chance to even get close to the green!!!!

So if I ever see that caddy again, I'm going to take one of Kratos's woods and use the chain to ............. well, I think you get the idea :D

Anyway, my last tournament was a disaster, so I finished my first 30 with 26 points :(

But, Happy New Year everyone :)

Light_kraze
01-01-2009, 05:44 AM
i think they made it 20pts in 20 tournaments now ....

And m8 , You could've just changed the view when making the shot. and u can just press Triangle to change view.

Or did i misunderstand The Situation?

clint_westwood
01-01-2009, 06:17 AM
you still need 30 points yasdad unlucky matey!!

yeah trents a little english prick ;)

cartman1337
01-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune yasdad. But I'm sure you'll make G0 soon enough still, you absolutely have the skill. :)

For my part, though, Trent's actually one of my favorite caddies. I always light up a bit when I line up a nice shot and he goes "Ah, so that's how its done?", and I'll go "Oh yeah!" after having the shot land exactly where I wanted it to. ;)

But if they block the shot its not nice. But I'm inclined to guessing that it must have been more of a glitch or something and that it might have happened with any of the caddies. But I certainly understand your hostility based on that experience. ;)

Happy New Year to all! And good luck with your next G1 block yasdad! :)

The-Dreamcaster
01-01-2009, 08:02 AM
i can't stand him, he keeps shouting ace of the tee and i'm like wtf, on a par 5?
i like Maru-chan or Rina. quiet and not irritating, well rina can be with "eeurgh, is that a bug?"

p1um5mu991er
01-01-2009, 08:19 AM
hey HEY H E Y!!!

don't chu be messin' with trent
"ok, ok, i see"

come on, who really listens to the caddy (or keeps the volume of the game up for that matter) after the 500th time you play?

it drives me batty when the caddy (mine is eva, back offa her 2) doesn't say anything when lining up a putt
you know it's like a tick left or right

yasdad
01-01-2009, 10:15 AM
LOL :D

Actually, I never thought about changing the view :o I can't think that fast :D I'm not sure of that would have helped or not - my main gripe was that I couldn't see the tree that is right in front of you off of that tee, so I just had to hope it was safe - the bunny was probably more out of annoyance :D

But I'm still gonna kick his little butt the next time I see him :D

yunatidus4ever
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Yasdad, Clint taught me a GREAT way to check your approach shot, PRESS L2 I think it is, and it is awesome to navigate wind and view especially when there is trees or mountains in the way!

yasdad
01-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Yasdad, Clint taught me a GREAT way to check your approach shot, PRESS L2 I think it is, and it is awesome to navigate wind and view especially when there is trees or mountains in the way!

:o Never tried that :o What does it show you?

goombaseatmarios
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
trent = little kid when he comes of age just punching the daylights out of the little wank

cartman1337
01-01-2009, 07:27 PM

:o Never tried that :o What does it show you?

L2 shows you the (approximate) landing spot for your shot, or at least where the ball would land if there was no wind or elevation... From there you can use the triangle and circle to go back and forth from that spot, to see things blocking either way. I find it useful for checking out how that lie works for the approach shot I'm gonna do next, so it's useful in several ways. :) Of course, it's hardly ever dead on for where you're gonna land, but it can be helpful and give you a few pointers anyway. Try it out! :)

yunatidus4ever
01-05-2009, 09:22 AM
BTW, has anyone ever noticed that Clark and the butchy girl caddy (i cannot think of her name right now?) always say your putt is right on or your approach and you are totally not even close??? They are such liars! >:(

I love Bonnie, she is a lil' English doll. I wish I could hire her as my nanny!

clint_westwood
01-05-2009, 09:37 AM
erm yuna...........bonnie is scottish , hence the name BONNIE as in BONNIE SCOTLAND!!

yunatidus4ever
01-05-2009, 09:57 AM
erm yuna...........bonnie is scottish , hence the name BONNIE as in BONNIE SCOTLAND!!

Oh, I guess I can see that now that you metion that.... but she does not have a very rich scottish accent, not compared to some I have heard!

Love her anyway! :D

ClayBoy31991
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Lol, stupid Trent. >_>

gypsyball
09-05-2010, 02:22 AM
In Minna Bonnie sounds like she's stoned or something.

Lol, stupid Trent. >_>
Trent is very annoying to me, and in Minna he sounds like a girl. Though in the credits in Minna it shows him getting decked by Felipe.

johnboru
09-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Trent is very annoying to me, and in Minna he sounds like a girl. Though in the credits in Minna it shows him getting decked by Felipe.

In most Japanese animation young boys are voiced by women... still, so is Bart Simpson, so its fairly universal.

Marrow_Farmer
09-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Rina ftw

I do lose it from time to time when I hit another green and she giggles "wrong hole idiot" (like she's bothered :eek:)! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o

Miill
09-05-2010, 05:11 AM
I wonder from what inspiration from real life the caddies are created.

Clark is just a direct digitalization from Fluff Cowan, the caddie of Jim Furyk and before that Tiger Woods.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/857/857792/hot-shots-golf-out-of-bounds-20080307005134296.jpg http://www.caddybytes.com/fluff_3.jpg:D

Any idea on the others ?

ClayBoy31991
09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
The first time I saw Clark, I thought he looked like Mario from the Super Mario games. :eek:

The outfit Clark wears is the reason why.

gypsyball
09-05-2010, 10:26 AM

Clark is just a direct digitalization from Fluff Cowan, the caddie of Jim Furyk and before that Tiger Woods.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/857/857792/hot-shots-golf-out-of-bounds-20080307005134296.jpg http://www.caddybytes.com/fluff_3.jpg:D

Any idea on the others ?
WOW:eek: Also like Dino and Inter:D

OthersGirl
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Any idea on the others ?
HOLY CRAP I didnt know that LOLOL That's great stuff right there! :)

Miill
09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
It's still an assumption though ;)
But he sure looks like him.