PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE ERROR PLZ HELP!!!

OthersGirl
01-01-2009, 04:55 AM
OKAY. I sure hope someone out there has some info, bc I'm going INSANE over here.

I try to go online int he golf game, and the screen goes to "checking version" and gets STUCK there for almost a minute --- then comes back with error msg saying File download failed due to network error. please check your network settings and try again.
IT WONT LET ME ONLINE ARRRGHHHH. I did network settings test, Im ONLINE on the PSN, and OTHER online games work, its ONLY hsg. Has anyone else had this problem, and WHAT DO I DO TO FIX IT??? Please assist if you have ANY information.

I think everyone who uses this site probably understands the amount of hair I've already pulled outta my head. OMG so frustrating. PLZ HELP!!!

ghost33
01-01-2009, 06:41 AM
they may be repairing the server

Roughdawg4
01-01-2009, 06:43 AM
if you can get online to other games and not this one, it has to be HSG Server

cartman1337
01-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Exactly the same message, and I got on PSN and other games, but not HSG. It took about an hour, but then I got back on without doing anything on my end. But I found out that the problem hadn't touched anybody else, so it wasn't really their server either. Unless it works in a way that it will temporarily ban an IP address after a network error or something...

STB24
01-01-2009, 10:22 AM
OK- OG

Hope this helps you out. A similar thing happened to me about 6 months ago... everytime I tried to log online to HSG:OOB it gave me the same error code you got. I think it might be one of your USB ports in the front of your unit-- do you connect a keyboard or is some other peripheral connected there? if its like my setup-- I tripped over the cord (or my dog) to my keyboard on several occasions and over time the port itself got loose and if the plug even touches the jack's sides of the PS3 at all it grounds the USB and once I switched ports for my keyboard (eventually just switched to a wireless one) I've had no other similar problems like that.

Not sure that it's similar to your situation, Good Luck

OthersGirl
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
All right guys --- well, after getting angry enough to wanna chuck the ps3 out the window--- I left it alone LOL. Came back, and unplugged EVERY cord, and reconnected it all. Reset system again,a dn when I tried to get onilne --- TA-DA!!!! I'm BACK online WOOOOOT!!!! So, dunno if it was STB's advice or just time that "repaired" it, but either way, It's Back Online, and I'm a happyOG again LOL THANKS GUYS for the replies ;)) MUCH appreciated.

Ahhhhhhh Got my golf back, sweet relief (lol) :)

unseen555
01-01-2009, 05:23 PM
good og! the same thing happened to be a week ago

yunatidus4ever
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Heck, that has happened to me SEVERAL times, I always thought it was an update time, but then all my pals are playing HSG....

Now I know what to do next time :P

OthersGirl
01-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Well it's the FIRST and (hopefully) only time that has ever happened to me, and I simply must say: THANK GOD IT'S FIXED. Sheeeesh. Maybe I'm addicted to this golfing game a bit too much. All i know is that when i don't have my little avatar available to spin and stomp with --- I get nutty.

Like the Playstation HOME avatars... yeah, sure, they're graphically better--customizable and look like humans instead of cartoon freaks with big heads... but they just don't do it for me. I wanna be able to stomp, cry, spin, and WTF-gesture (lol). Not to mention the GOLFING lolol.

Ok. i have a problem. I'm an addict. I admit it. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Check me into rehab, cause i've got a problem. Admitting it, isn't that the first step to recovery? LOLOLOL

HELLLLLLLYEAHHHH BACK ONLINE W000TY W000T W0000T LOL :) :) :)

OthersGirl
01-02-2009, 03:14 AM
ummm "cartoon bleeps" ???? F R E A K S gets the bleep-factor? BLASTED CENSORSHIP. Let's do a little test. LOLOL. Wonder if the same words from HSG will get "bleeped" here also:

After, computer, reputation, stuttering, happened, Madonna... hmm can't think of any more at the moment. too sleepy. lemme see if those words got the bleeps LOL.

The-Dreamcaster
01-03-2009, 05:53 AM
happened or happen censors as well, i forget which.
i must admit golf is quite addictive, at least i managed to convince a mate to get it for christmas