PDA

View Full Version : Everything Graded Tourney related

NYJets
09-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Since it's usually the biggest draw with this game. Senidol said the graded tourneys are on their way. So Let's try to keep all Graded Tourney related talk (G3, G2 , G1, G0, etc) here.

Wonder how far away the update will be. So glad it's coming soon.

Siddhartha
09-04-2017, 04:17 AM
I'm curious how this feature will work now that there's no longer characters. I assume the good players will all max out their clubs eventually. So in that sense, there will be a level playing field. Maybe they'll have some set rules help with competiveness as well.

Senidol
09-04-2017, 07:17 AM
Looking at some of the earlier preview videos and screenshots, they will have expert, intermediate and novice settings. Expert stats are 25/15/15/10 Intermediate probably something like 15/10/10/10 and Novice will be 10/5/5/5 (same max stats as beta)

surrogate
09-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Looking at some of the earlier preview videos and screenshots, they will have expert, intermediate and novice settings. Expert stats are 25/15/15/10 Intermediate probably something like 15/10/10/10 and Novice will be 10/5/5/5 (same max stats as beta)

That is how local multiplayer works too, which I hate. Everyone is going to be hitting 400 yard 1W with no impact penalty.

NYJets
09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
well, I'm close to beating single player. And will probably go back to Overwatch (or Destiny 2) until the graded tourneys are here.

still can't believe their hiding the release date of this, it's the most important / addicting part of this game...and their acting like they don't care.

any word on an official date yet?

NYJets
09-06-2017, 05:09 PM
i'm guessing still no official word / date of Graded Tourneys ?

They need to get on the ball here. We know their coming, but when.

VOLS34
09-06-2017, 05:23 PM

What about clubs?

mustangman2011
09-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Here's my graded tour wish list:

1. Expanded grades. With the combination of servers I hope we see G5 through G0.
2. Tournaments separated by set skills and created players. I hope to have the option to enter a tournament with my created player with all my club skill levels and also to enter tournaments with set skill levels on clubs such as multiplayer.
3. New Rules. Such as no custom clubs. I expect G0 tournaments to be free reign as in you will use your custom player and have the option to use custom clubs. For the beginner graded tournaments I hope to see Intermediate stats only, or no custom clubs to keep a somewhat level playing field.
4. Far less GF tournaments.

Stormchasergal
09-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Here's my graded tour wish list:

1. Expanded grades. With the combination of servers I hope we see G5 through G0.
2. Tournaments separated by set skills and created players. I hope to have the option to enter a tournament with my created player with all my club skill levels and also to enter tournaments with set skill levels on clubs such as multiplayer.
3. New Rules. Such as no custom clubs. I expect G0 tournaments to be free reign as in you will use your custom player and have the option to use custom clubs. For the beginner graded tournaments I hope to see Intermediate stats only, or no custom clubs to keep a somewhat level playing field.
4. Far less GF tournaments.

My wish list is for it to be just like OOB. G3 through G0. No custom clubs, please! Also less GF tours and more regular tours. Please don't make me wait almost 2 hours for a tour. Also I really hated bouncing between G0 and G1 because they only gave you five games.

VOLS34
09-06-2017, 06:48 PM
If they don't allow custom clubs then many of us have wasted hours and a few dollars on something they should've announced from the start.

NYJets
09-07-2017, 07:27 PM
thanks to the huge Jap crowd, we shouldn't have issues finding Tours when their up.

yea, that GF crap pizzed me off so much. So many times, we just needed 1 more person to make the room official...and the idiots were playin around in GF.

just remove GF all together. it's waste of time.

VOLS34
09-07-2017, 07:45 PM
thanks to the huge Jap crowd, we shouldn't have issues finding Tours when their up.

yea, that GF crap pizzed me off so much. So many times, we just needed 1 more person to make the room official...and the idiots were playin around in GF.

just remove GF all together. it's waste of time.

There is a group that once they make G0 they won't tour anything but GF. It happened on OOB and WI. I really don't understand it myself. I was probably demoted 10 times on WI because of the short blocks but was back within 2-3 G1 tours.

tennisguru1
09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
There is a group that once they make G0 they won't tour anything but GF. It happened on OOB and WI. I really don't understand it myself. I was probably demoted 10 times on WI because of the short blocks but was back within 2-3 G1 tours.

Yes, ran into one of those Arte & artiturs ruined all the GF tours for my g2 & g3 G1 buds, he was a cowardly Top G0.

S-i-k_b-o-y
09-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Yes, ran into one of those Arte & artiturs ruined all the GF tours for my g2 & g3 G1 buds, he was a cowardly Top G0.
Used to pretty much only play the easy course GF's if we're thinking of the same guy. Saw him having a few pissing contests and he would eventually tell the other person to look at his thousands of GF wins compared to their few. Kind of a sad way to go through life.

Miill
09-08-2017, 02:14 AM
And a record of conn errs.

surrogate
09-08-2017, 06:58 AM

Well, I was (am) a G0, but certainly didn't deserve to be one (3 notable finished out of 24 entries). I never intentionally avoided playing G0 tournaments, but I wasn't going to wait around for 1 to start playing either. All in all, I probably played less than 250 tournaments and stopped playing online for the most part as it was having a negative effect on my local multiplayer games.

ToxiKent
09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Just so you know. In the past if you landed the fairway with your drive you were awarded x amount of points no matter the length same points no matter what. However, now the longer the drive the more points you get. For instance, 268yds=45pts, 324yds=60pts so if your the kind of player who likes to play position golf, your screwed no matter what. Even if you match the long ball players score you'll be smoked on points.

NYJets
09-08-2017, 01:24 PM

All it shows is their a drama queen, by showing off in GF once their G0.

Pickin on all the G3's.

Or their scared to get demoted to G1, so they play in there.

Beaker
09-11-2017, 01:39 PM
These Tournaments need to seriously hurry up,bored of the grind,a game built around online and nothing to do except shoot scores on multiple try tournaments with silly mega cup and tornado,starting to lose patience

HottieShottie
09-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Not everyone levels up and maxes out equipment as fast..............or has the time to. I'm sure that was the reasoning behind not releasing some of the multiplayer features at launch.

NYJets
09-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Not everyone levels up and maxes out equipment as fast..............or has the time to. I'm sure that was the reasoning behind not releasing some of the multiplayer features at launch.

Understood and I somewhat agree. I don't mind waiting another week or so...but they are NOT even mentioning a release date yet, which is soooo stupid. People are just going to switch to Destiny 2 and be done with this game

Wake up Clap Hanz...give us a friggin date.

reeja19
09-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Understood and I somewhat agree. I don't mind waiting another week or so...but they are NOT even mentioning a release date yet, which is soooo stupid. People are just going to switch to Destiny 2 and be done with this game

Wake up Clap Hanz...give us a friggin date.

Maybe people here will switch to Destiny 2 but the fact that it is a world server pretty much eliminates the possibility of not enough people once tours are implemented. I am glad that there are no tours yet also because of the amount of time required to level up everything so I even have a chance to compete once they are...

BGunner
09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
The Japanese version of the last generation had 33 patches, relax, this is a game that will evolve and has a lot of potential . I don't see anyone here with the Platinum trophy, so there's still stuff for everyone to do.

Can't wait for the tours to be released and then people complain about difficulty, scheduling, etc. Lol.

NYJets
09-13-2017, 05:54 PM
Is Sen the only one that can read the Jap forums ? They probably know more about this, then we do.

Stormchasergal
09-14-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't think Custom clubs should be allowed at all in graded tourney's.

1. I'm not spending hours a week just to search for gems (about 4 hours for me to get 110 gems).
2. Those with 380 yard drivers will have a huge advantage.
3. Even if you are lucky to get a 380 yard driver, it's not going to last more than a few weeks.
4. I don't gamble. I'm not using really money on something that isn't even random. Custom clubs should average around 22 levels. I've gotten 17, 23, 17, 19 and 14 (I recycled on ten upgrades because it was so low).

I'm really worried this game will be a big failure. I might as well go back and see if anyone is playing World Invitational. At least everyone has the same clubs to play with.

VOLS34
09-14-2017, 08:33 PM
I agree in a way but what are they gonna do about those that have spent money? Do you think they will refund people for wasting money on a part of the game that most don't care about? I mentioned in another thread about the "money grab" bs. You shouldn't be forced to spend hours upon hours on senseless playing/treasure hunting (especially after you complete all the challenges) or any money just to remain competitive in online games. The only thing that should require payment is dlc courses... that's it! They could've started everyone out with a baseline on the different levels of clubs...novice, intermediate, and expert. Then you just build loyalty on each like we did characters before. Then we can have 3 different tour levels! To build up all the attributes for each and every club with basically only one attribute that matters is DUMB! If you want to add a touch of customization so people can choose between power and forgiveness then do it with the ball. The top distance for each level could be 270 for novice, 300 for intermediate, and 340 for expert. That keeps it somewhat reasonable and doesn't reduce every course to an eagle fest where you drive 90% of the par 4s. After this I think people would pay $40 to crank back up the OOB servers.

Starsaber00
09-14-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm hoping they split the field and have tournaments that allow custom clubs, and tournaments that restrict them.

I-B-Glenn
09-15-2017, 12:28 AM
I hope they split people based on where they live, when I'm in a multi try tournament and someone is on the tee with me from Japan, my gauge turns into a meanie gauge, the lag is impossible. If something's not done about that, I'd be better off using a putter from the tee

NYJets
09-15-2017, 08:42 AM
I don't think Custom clubs should be allowed at all in graded tourney's.

1. I'm not spending hours a week just to search for gems (about 4 hours for me to get 110 gems).
2. Those with 380 yard drivers will have a huge advantage.
3. Even if you are lucky to get a 380 yard driver, it's not going to last more than a few weeks.
4. I don't gamble. I'm not using really money on something that isn't even random. Custom clubs should average around 22 levels. I've gotten 17, 23, 17, 19 and 14 (I recycled on ten upgrades because it was so low).

I'm really worried this game will be a big failure. I might as well go back and see if anyone is playing World Invitational. At least everyone has the same clubs to play with.

I felt the same initially. we just need to chill, take a break from the game and wait for the real tourneys. things ull be fun then.

can't believe, even with this update today though...they STILL haven't mentioned anything about the Graded's.

Stormchasergal
09-15-2017, 03:38 PM
It's quite the mystery. Makes me worried because there is no mention of it hardly at all.

purbeast
09-15-2017, 03:42 PM
There's mention of it in the loading screens in the game. I think it's safe to say it's coming.

VOLS34
09-15-2017, 03:43 PM
I assume that's what gate 2 at the airport is reserved for.

buckpasser
09-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Quit bellyaching and tee it up.....it's the same for all of us......or you can always quit the game!

VOLS34
09-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Quit bellyaching and tee it up.....it's the same for all of us......or you can always quit the game!

That's looking like a realistic option! Go play some 9 hole tornado cups!

NYJets
09-20-2017, 11:01 PM
i'm literally checkin the forums everyday, hoping there's some new word about the Tourneys...but I guess not.

plz post here or start a new thread...whenever anybody see's official word about when exactly the graded tourneys are coming.

do they have like an english version of their twitter or something ?

basically putting this game on the back-burner until G0 is here.

VOLS34
09-20-2017, 11:28 PM
I get on there and give the daily a couple tries but that's about it. I'm waiting on tours too but the way it looks there's no guarantee that will make this regression of a game any better.

Kev-Toddy
09-21-2017, 02:29 AM
i'm literally checkin the forums everyday, hoping there's some new word about the Tourneys...but I guess not.

plz post here or start a new thread...whenever anybody see's official word about when exactly the graded tourneys are coming.

do they have like an english version of their twitter or something ?

basically putting this game on the back-burner until G0 is here.

I'm exactly the same, i'll check this forum then i'll load up the game to do the daily vs character, maybe a round or two to grab some gallery members then i'll do the daily and turn the game off again. I wish clap handz would release some kind of information about when we can expect the tours to start, even a vague indication would be welcome at this point as my interest in the game is waining at this point.

Stormchasergal
09-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Are they really going to keep us waiting and waiting? No info. No real mode rooms. Stroke is so slooooow.

Beaker
09-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Are they really going to keep us waiting and waiting? No info. No real mode rooms. Stroke is so slooooow.It really is bizarre,I haven't played for a few days bored to tears with it,video golf fans really have drawn the short straw over the last few years,The golf club,The golf club 2,Rory Mcilroy and now Everybodys golf,severely lacking in online modes

Heezdad
09-23-2017, 06:55 AM
Are they really going to keep us waiting and waiting? No info. No real mode rooms. Stroke is so slooooow.

Yes the lack of any sort of communication is baffling and frustrating - shoddy customer care

Kev-Toddy
09-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Yes the lack of any sort of communication is baffling and frustrating - shoddy customer care

Seen this on clap Hanz twitter feed

Unscheduled Maintenance 25/09/2017 07:00 ~ UTC

Hopefully tours will be patched in on monday or at least some other game modes other than stroke play

Stormchasergal
09-25-2017, 05:21 AM
Still no real and no tournaments in the new update. It's hopeless.

Beaker
09-25-2017, 05:35 AM
Still no real and no tournaments in the new update. It's hopeless.Wow still nothing,tomorrow is a month after release and no word of anything

reeja19
09-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Wow still nothing,tomorrow is a month after release and no word of anything I believe Gunner said it was 2 months after OOB was released before we got Graded Tours so we are still ahead of that but I was hoping we would at least get an update on them though...

Beaker
09-25-2017, 09:15 AM
I believe Gunner said it was 2 months after OOB was released before we got Graded Tours so we are still ahead of that but I was hoping we would at least get an update on them though...I thought it was one month,2 months is ridiculous

reeja19
09-25-2017, 01:50 PM
I agree but I'd still rather have the game incomplete now than have had a delay in release and had to wait a few more months to even play it....

NYJets
09-25-2017, 02:30 PM
I agree but I'd still rather have the game incomplete now than have had a delay in release and had to wait a few more months to even play it....

or at-least let everybody know in-game that their coming...so that half the people don't trade the game in. which they probably already have.

only reason I login now, is to do the Daily vs game.

and maybe the Bonus Online Course thing...

if I was extremely bored, i'd fish as well.

VOLS34
09-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Iím not sure graded tours can fix this mess. This is by far the worst HSG ever. Itís hard to find any enjoyment playing any aspect of this game. It wouldíve been better off without custom characters but thatís just a small part.

NYJets
09-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Iím not sure graded tours can fix this mess. This is by far the worst HSG ever. Itís hard to find any enjoyment playing any aspect of this game. It wouldíve been better off without custom characters but thatís just a small part.

fake news, c'mon bru

I don't see how you could complain about the custom characters... I think it's one of the best features so far.

I'll only be pissed if they allow custom clubs in graded tourneys....which means everybody will have to either farm forever, or pay out of their azz to get to level 25 clubs.

HottieShottie
09-25-2017, 02:46 PM
I know people who bought the game just to create characters and not actually play golf. It's one of the best character creators I've seen no doubt.

Stormchasergal
09-25-2017, 03:05 PM

I think custom characters are great and some of them are funny. It's a lot better then seeing Kat and Max 100% of the time. I hated those characters. Also I think this is much better than World Invitational and could be even better if tours are done right.

NYJets
09-25-2017, 03:20 PM
lets face it, most of us are just salty and want Graded's immediately. (myself included)

would we of rather them release everything at once, at lets say November? I dunno. So it is good in ways, that we can level up first.

even though the reviews are decent so far, they would of been above the roof...if everything was ready at release.

VOLS34
09-25-2017, 03:23 PM
I think custom characters are great and some of them are funny. It's a lot better then seeing Kat and Max 100% of the time. I hated those characters. Also I think this is much better than World Invitational and could be even better if tours are done right.

It couldíve been done much better. Instead of leveling up each club you could level up a swing or something. Playing with characters that had a certain shot shape was something that made previous versions better. Playing with novice, intermediate, and expert characters while weighing accuracy, forgiveness, and power was something that made previous versions better. If they donít dictate clubs and maybe balls for each tour and everything is just a drive and chip show this game is gonna continue to suck. On the flip side if they do it that way then people have wasted hours and money on nothing.

BGunner
09-26-2017, 05:25 PM
November 21st is the 20th Minna anniversary. Minna 6 was released a few years ago on that date. You have to figure that would be worst case for a patch that opens up tours and new game modes (hopefully official) but hopefully sooner.

NYJets
09-29-2017, 11:19 AM
anything week goes by with no official news.

arghhhhhh

soooo stupid they are. at-least give patch notes like a normal gaming company does when they issue patches / updates.

are we weeks , months away from Graded? nobody knows.

Stormchasergal
09-29-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm just shocked no one knows considering you would think they would want to make more $$$. Even GF or real mode rooms would be nice.

VOLS34
09-29-2017, 08:39 PM
I wouldnít count on real mode rooms. I think the open course is your new real mode room which is sad. If they do offer new modes itís gonna make their shiny new turd modes obsolete.They wasted a ton of time and resources to create a game that offers a ton of bs nobody cares about. People want lobbies, game rooms, and tours.....thatís it! And they have yet to offer any of it other than the half assed stroke game rooms. All this without even addressing the abysmal gameplay.

Stormchasergal
10-01-2017, 07:48 PM
I almost feel like they plan on starting tournaments when they shut down the tournaments for World Invitational on Dec 22nd. Wish they would let us know if its days, weeks or months and they might sell more s tickets just by even saying that it's coming up soon.

kdoll08
10-02-2017, 07:16 AM
I almost feel like they plan on starting tournaments when they shut down the tournaments for World Invitational on Dec 22nd. Wish they would let us know if its days, weeks or months and they might sell more s tickets just by even saying that it's coming up soon.

Where did you see that the servers for World Invitational were shutting down on December 22nd? When they shut down the servers for Out of Bounds they had already started the tournaments in World Invitational for what it's worth.

NM I found it on the Minna 6 players info site. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/6/info/news/other/20170915_news_01.html

Stormchasergal
10-04-2017, 02:25 PM
So the rumor is 6 to 12 months away. : /

NYJets
10-04-2017, 02:54 PM
So the rumor is 6 to 12 months away. : /

where did u hear this ?

from a networking guy, I find it nearly impossible it'll be that far away...as the core aspect of the game is already done.

the only major challenging aspect will be combining japan players with u.s. players and the lag differential / ping time after each hole. It could take Japan's players several seconds longer for their scores to update after each hole, compared to ours. But I was surprised at the already 'generally' smooth gameplay in Open Course with mostly Japan players .

have a hunch it'll be this month or November...since they usually don't stop online play on one of their previous titles, without having a place for the rest to go.

Stormchasergal
10-04-2017, 03:09 PM
where did u hear this ?

from a networking guy, I find it nearly impossible it'll be that far away...as the core aspect of the game is already done.

the only major challenging aspect will be combining japan players with u.s. players and the lag differential / ping time after each hole. It could take Japan's players several seconds longer for their scores to update after each hole, compared to ours. But I was surprised at the already 'generally' smooth gameplay in Open Course with mostly Japan players .

have a hunch it'll be this month or November...since they usually don't stop online play on one of their previous titles, without having a place for the rest to go.

In the Everybody's golf community thing for PS4. I'd say it don't sound right at all either. We already have offline tours with the computer players, so how hard can it be? No one's going to wait around for 6 months either and will get bored. From their perspective, they won't sell any tickets or even games. If it's true, I'm absolutely disgusted and angry.

Senidol
10-05-2017, 12:02 PM
There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. All we know is that tournaments of some sort (not even guaranteed to be the format you are familiar with) was a topic on their road map during the closed testing. The things that have been announce are; -3 new courses, Long Bay G.C, Pine Hills G.C, and a third course that is currently not named that is in development. The third course is suppose to be harder than imperial. VS mode game rooms, Seasonal items for Halloween and Christmas, Hole in One Challenge, and a National Cup (Japan only esports special qualifying event I believe.) My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017, and if and when they do release something it may not be in the format that everyone is familiar with. I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead, and they will be based on level or some other metric. I personally don't care either way as I already know what the high end game play landscape looks like, and it isn't something that I would find fun or enjoyable. I haven't played the game in almost 3 weeks after finishing the platinum trophy.

I-B-Glenn
10-05-2017, 01:24 PM
There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017 I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead

Ok, so when nitro said that he was drunk, but you’re saying nearly the same thing, :confused:

Senidol
10-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Ok, so when nitro said that he was drunk, but youíre saying nearly the same thing, :confused: I don't even know why I respond to nonsense like this anymore, but you are aware that there are only 87 days left in 2017 right? How many days are in the range of 6-12 months? I also listed everything they have announced so far in terms of future work, and graded tours aren't included in that list. So the only reasonable conclusion would appear to be that there will be no graded tours in 2017. Is it possible they sneak them in? Sure but unlikely.

I-B-Glenn
10-05-2017, 02:33 PM
I don't even know why I respond to nonsense like this anymore, but you are aware that there are only 87 days left in 2017 right? How many days are in the range of 6-12 months? I also listed everything they have announced so far in terms of future work, and graded tours aren't included in that list. So the only reasonable conclusion would appear to be that there will be no graded tours in 2017. Is it possible they sneak them in? Sure but unlikely.

You talk out of your backside a lot, it gets old, yea, I know how many days, didn’t count them like you did, but understand that’s it’s 3 months until 2018, roughly. I quoted what you said, it’s a jumbled mess of nonesense, you’ve been doing the same thing for years, half story after half story, but hey, thanks again, 3 months maybe 6 months, maybe a year, or even maybe they’re dead? Great info.

Stormchasergal
10-05-2017, 03:16 PM
If we don't get tournaments of some form soon, everyone will just move on to something else and not come back. What a dumb decision not to give us the most important part of the game for online. Plus they don't update there info that even says it just needs a bit of work work, referring to tournaments. I guess a "bit of work" means months if at all? I'm so sad. They are wrecking this game. They should have worked on Turf wars afterwards. I tried it once and will never again.

VOLS34
10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Guess I bought a PS4 for nothing

NYJets
10-05-2017, 04:59 PM
There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. All we know is that tournaments of some sort (not even guaranteed to be the format you are familiar with) was a topic on their road map during the closed testing. The things that have been announce are; -3 new courses, Long Bay G.C, Pine Hills G.C, and a third course that is currently not named that is in development. The third course is suppose to be harder than imperial. VS mode game rooms, Seasonal items for Halloween and Christmas, Hole in One Challenge, and a National Cup (Japan only esports special qualifying event I believe.) My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017, and if and when they do release something it may not be in the format that everyone is familiar with. I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead, and they will be based on level or some other metric. I personally don't care either way as I already know what the high end game play landscape looks like, and it isn't something that I would find fun or enjoyable. I haven't played the game in almost 3 weeks after finishing the platinum trophy.

No Graded Tours for the game, would be the stupidest decision Clap Hanz has ever made.

The main function of the franchise completely left out. The main reason most people bought the game.

You should have more firm evidence before laying out such a bold statement.

It's like Batman without Robin . (maybe not the best analogy...i can't stand Robin)

Stormchasergal
10-05-2017, 06:33 PM
I don't even know why I respond to nonsense like this anymore, but you are aware that there are only 87 days left in 2017 right? How many days are in the range of 6-12 months? I also listed everything they have announced so far in terms of future work, and graded tours aren't included in that list. So the only reasonable conclusion would appear to be that there will be no graded tours in 2017. Is it possible they sneak them in? Sure but unlikely.

What exactly are the middle gates for then? It even says international tournaments aren't ready just yet. They mislead us making us think they actually started on them.

Senidol
10-05-2017, 10:36 PM
For whatever reason the forums are not formatting posts correctly, so there seems to be some confusion as to what I meant to say. So I will attempt to clarify, "Graded tours are dead" was meant to describe the format of the tournaments, not that tournaments aren't still planned to some degree. As in g3-g0 will be gone, and they will measure players by some other metric to place you into a tournament instead. Is it possible that there could be a release before the end of the year? Sure, but it is highly unlikely based on the information that is currently out there from the development side. When talking to Clap Hanz in May they hinted that the graded tour format would be changed, if they follow through or not is anyone's guess.

VOLS34
10-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Because fishing and Turf war nobody plays is more important.

Stormchasergal
10-06-2017, 12:07 AM
For whatever reason the forums are not formatting posts correctly, so there seems to be some confusion as to what I meant to say. So I will attempt to clarify, "Graded tours are dead" was meant to describe the format of the tournaments, not that tournaments aren't still planned to some degree. As in g3-g0 will be gone, and they will measure players by some other metric to place you into a tournament instead. Is it possible that there could be a release before the end of the year? Sure, but it is highly unlikely based on the information that is currently out there from the development side. When talking to Clap Hanz in May they hinted that the graded tour format would be changed, if they follow through or not is anyone's guess.

Whatever the case, they are taking way to long for something that seems pretty basic. We're not asking for a new course or new swing, just tournaments. It should be ready by now. Even a GF tour would be ok. Something. At least by December 21st when the world invitational server gets shut down.

mtoftheshire
10-06-2017, 09:53 AM
I am totally fed up now with the lack of online tournaments or any information at all as to when we can expect them.
This game is the reason I bought a PS4 and it's taken ages to come. I was so excited to hear of a global server and being able to tour 24/7 if I wanted to. so what the hell is going on? Why is there literally no information?
Pretty much everyone I told to buy this game is now playing other stuff. I know if they were playing online tours they would have been as hooked as I was when I discovered the franchise with everybody golf world tour.
I have emailed clap hanz at staff@claphanz.co.jp and have even resorted to sending my first ever tweet to @claphanz to try and get some info.
Just give us ranked tours the same as it was, with a global server. It will make the game nearly perfect.
Whilst I am on the rant.......greens are too easy, turf wars is a massive pile of shite and custom clubs could ruin what is potentially a great game.
Rant over
Have a lovely day

lob
10-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Here is the next mass debate on forums when and if graded tours arrive. You're welcome: 1) Tours are open to anything.. you can use custom clubs and trip pi balls in any of them. = Argument is anyone winning regularly doesnt really count as they are using x and z and paying to win anyway. Debate starts on how to determine who is generally any good. AKA have you even won on imperial w std/std in the rain? Rant on. 2) Tours dont allow any custom clubs or trip pi balls (doubtful) - anyone whos spent a lot of money on buying **** or spending ages collecting gems and pi balls go into a full on rage. Bigger rant. 3) Tours are mixed (most likely) - there are tours that dont allow custom clubs and/or trip pi balls. And those that do. = Debate starts that the only true "good" players are those winning the non custom tours and anyone winning on the other tours regularly is generally considered a PTW cheat and isnt worth their salt. More rant. Good luck CH you will need it.

lob
10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
ps: for anyone who hasnt realized it yet: you can play a "daily" with a trip pi ball. get to the screen when it submits your score (the second one). then close the game. it wont deduct the ball from your inventory. so feel free to submit your 35 scores with trip pi balls until you can be at the top of a list nobody really cares about. gg vnw wp.

Stormchasergal
10-06-2017, 01:36 PM
I am totally fed up now with the lack of online tournaments or any information at all as to when we can expect them.
This game is the reason I bought a PS4 and it's taken ages to come. I was so excited to hear of a global server and being able to tour 24/7 if I wanted to. so what the hell is going on? Why is there literally no information?
Pretty much everyone I told to buy this game is now playing other stuff. I know if they were playing online tours they would have been as hooked as I was when I discovered the franchise with everybody golf world tour.
I have emailed clap hanz at staff@claphanz.co.jp and have even resorted to sending my first ever tweet to @claphanz to try and get some info.
Just give us ranked tours the same as it was, with a global server. It will make the game nearly perfect.
Whilst I am on the rant.......greens are too easy, turf wars is a massive pile of shite and custom clubs could ruin what is potentially a great game.
Rant over
Have a lovely day

Sent email. This is getting ridiculous.75% of the online game is missing over a month past getting the game.

I-B-Glenn
10-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Here is the next mass debate on forums when and if graded tours arrive. You're welcome: 1) Tours are open to anything.. you can use custom clubs and trip pi balls in any of them. = Argument is anyone winning regularly doesnt really count as they are using x and z and paying to win anyway. Debate starts on how to determine who is generally any good. AKA have you even won on imperial w std/std in the rain? Rant on. 2) Tours dont allow any custom clubs or trip pi balls (doubtful) - anyone whos spent a lot of money on buying **** or spending ages collecting gems and pi balls go into a full on rage. Bigger rant. 3) Tours are mixed (most likely) - there are tours that dont allow custom clubs and/or trip pi balls. And those that do. = Debate starts that the only true "good" players are those winning the non custom tours and anyone winning on the other tours regularly is generally considered a PTW cheat and isnt worth their salt. More rant. Good luck CH you will need it.

I’m not sure bout all of that, in my opinion, with PI spray, those triple PI balls are worthless, I think anyone who calls people a cheat because they lose need to relax a bit.

mtoftheshire
10-06-2017, 03:04 PM
The issue here is simply...... Where TF is some good quality online tournament content? It's that simple.
Surely it's not too much to ask for a game developer that has launched a game in to the global market and taken millions of pounds/euros/dollars/yen etc to tell us (the customer) when we will be able to enjoy the best part of the game.
Good luck clap hanz in managing to completely mess up something that wasn't broken in the first place. Well done on money grabbing with custom clubs that may effect the integrity of a almost perfect game. Any complication to the game is purely of clap hanz making in my opinion?

lob
10-07-2017, 09:53 AM
I’m not sure bout all of that, in my opinion, with PI spray, those triple PI balls are worthless, I think anyone who calls people a cheat because they lose need to relax a bit.

Have to disagree. I'm old now (i turned 40 this year). My eyesight is shot and my pi is woeful compared to 10 years ago. It would def keep me out the top tear. Last night on eagle "daily" using a trip pi ball i shot a 15 on first try. And that was missing 2 fairly easy chip ins. The trip pi is so forgiving i can just avoid bs alltogether (which is totally doable on the earlier courses) - drive everything. At most i am just chipping and putting. If i hit the pin its going in cos i am never missing SJPI. And spirals and risers still don't fail. (homers still fail a lot. straight sbs is now pointless x2). It makes a massive difference.

That said, i would never consider anyone a cheat or a lesser player for using anything, if you have a lvl 25 driver more power to you. You are simply using something the game provides, thats not cheating. Lets be honest any setup of tours at this point would be better than nothing. I am just issuing a word of caution there is no way CH is going to limit using this stuff. For people wanting a truer sense of competition as in OOB (less so WI) - its not going to be even close.

I-B-Glenn
10-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Have to disagree. I'm old now (i turned 40 this year). My eyesight is shot and my pi is woeful compared to 10 years ago. It would def keep me out the top tear. Last night on eagle "daily" using a trip pi ball i shot a 15 on first try. And that was missing 2 fairly easy chip ins. The trip pi is so forgiving i can just avoid bs alltogether (which is totally doable on the earlier courses) - drive everything. At most i am just chipping and putting. If i hit the pin its going in cos i am never missing SJPI. And spirals and risers still don't fail. (homers still fail a lot. straight sbs is now pointless x2). It makes a massive difference.

That said, i would never consider anyone a cheat or a lesser player for using anything, if you have a lvl 25 driver more power to you. You are simply using something the game provides, thats not cheating. Lets be honest any setup of tours at this point would be better than nothing. I am just issuing a word of caution there is no way CH is going to limit using this stuff. For people wanting a truer sense of competition as in OOB (less so WI) - its not going to be even close.

I may have mis worded that, or was it the forum formatting, lololololol, anyway, lol, yea, maybe I was harsh, I guess it does help some, sure, but I should have said that it’s not great tho. I don’t bother with that ball, I use the standard ball 99% of the time, I like it, personal preference, and I usually play super hard pins, and since they’re on the edges, that pi spray is deadly. Just a little spray and you could be screwed. So yea, you’re right, but I’m hoping, that whatever they have, it’s one try, with super hard pins for at least a few of them. I enjoy all settings and am willing to try anything, I personally like to match my skills against anyone who is good at the game, I enjoy the challenge no mater what the set, easy or hard, and whatever club and ball they choose has no bearing on how I play, and if I lose, oh well, that’s life.

Stormchasergal
10-07-2017, 12:31 PM
To me the best ball is grass cutter. I'd rather use that and it helps more than a triple pi ball.

NYJets
10-07-2017, 07:34 PM
The reason I kept mentioning people should check out the jap forums for more info. Because as much as us few people are complaining....there HAS to be at-least a thousand of them complaining and asking on some forum, "where the heck are the graded tours at?"

So yea, were missing the rage aspect from the japanese crowd, and what their thinking about all this. The game is definitely not replay worth as it is currently...something massive, graded tourney wise must be in the works,or else their complete idiots.

Stormchasergal
10-07-2017, 09:48 PM
The reason I kept mentioning people should check out the jap forums for more info. Because as much as us few people are complaining....there HAS to be at-least a thousand of them complaining and asking on some forum, "where the heck are the graded tours at?"

So yea, were missing the rage aspect from the japanese crowd, and what their thinking about all this. The game is definitely not replay worth as it is currently...something massive, graded tourney wise must be in the works,or else their complete idiots.

Truth is their idiots. Probably going to lose money just the fact they don't communicate.