PDA

View Full Version : Talk about your balls

Caribbeachbum
09-15-2017, 11:39 AM
I am curious how much use others get from the special balls in the game. Here's my take:

I use the Sand Viper on Kanaloa Beach, the Super-Low on Green CC, and the Ultra Approach everywhere else. The 100-60 is kinda nice on Imperial, precision being so important there. I have found no use for the Side Spinner and little for the Grass Cutter.

They're basically free, so I do use them all the time. You pick up more than enough coins from a 9-hole round on the featured open course of the day to keep your ball sack happy.

What about you? Talk about your balls.

Also, please post where you find the Triple Impact balls. Those are game-changers for me. I have one from fishing in the home area pond, one from winning a Special Rank tournament, and one picked up from the bonus hole of an open course.

VOLS34
09-15-2017, 12:04 PM
The only 2 balls that make a difference is sand viper and grass cutter. Really no need for the rest.

Jitter
09-15-2017, 12:14 PM
I want to try side spinner on that one hole that has a house in the middle. Ultra spins won't go around it was wondering if the ball would make a diff

VOLS34
09-15-2017, 12:22 PM
I want to try side spinner on that one hole that has a house in the middle. Ultra spins won't go around it was wondering if the ball would make a diff

If you're talking about alpine you can just go over it. There's a gap

NYJets
09-15-2017, 01:03 PM
i don't even know what the 100-60 ball does. or that other one that's suppose to give more power, but I don't notice it.

VOLS34
09-15-2017, 01:17 PM
i don't even know what the 100-60 ball does. or that other one that's suppose to give more power, but I don't notice it.

I've never used it but I assume it's just like using circle or triangle at impact.

purbeast
09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
The 100-60 ball is stupid. The bar is literally just filled up with values that are 100% - 60% of the clubs max distance.

So for instance say your driver goes 200 yards.

The full power means 200 yards and the least possible you can hit it, if you had 0 power, would be 120 yards. So 50% would be 160 yards.

I tried it out to see what it does and did not like it at all, I found it harder to use because I'm just used to the spacing of the normal meter. It was really weird when you had a 77 yard sandwedge and the meter just allowed for distances between like 48 yards and 77 yards (or whatever the math is).

All of the balls other than the one that makes hitting out of the rough and sand are pretty dumb and useless. Do they have infinity or turbo spin balls in this game? Because I have yet to see them.

Stormchasergal
09-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Grass cutter only since hitting the rough happens the most vs sand.

Jitter
09-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Triple impact is great but hard to get. I mess around with them on single holes