PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here Emo enough to read the Jap forums ?

NYJets
09-17-2017, 11:38 AM
1) so that we know what's going on..

2) so that we know what the last update did. (if anything) Actually I notice since update, we can scroll down through our Tournament rank. When at the single player > Tournament Menu screen to view those 2 Tournaments we're given every day...if u scroll all the way to the left, you can now scroll down, so that your not just at your current, highest level completed in single player. I'm at 7, so I can now scroll down to 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1. Before update, that function didn't work. I was just stuck at 7. (not scrollable)

3) so that we can get the latest details on what Graded tourneys will offer.

....Sen's prob getting tired of us, since he's like the only one that can read for us.

Starsaber00
09-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Just use google chrome. It translates for you

NYJets
09-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Good Point.

S-i-k_b-o-y
09-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Links to forum(s) would be helpful.

NYJets
09-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Links to forum(s) would be helpful.

maybe Sen knows.

I dunno.

we need more details tho...People are def trading their games in by now.

maybe they just don't care about their U.S. / U.K. audiences at all. I was in an online open course last night..and literally ALL Japanese players except me.

janduin68
09-19-2017, 01:17 AM
re. point 2: It was possible before to pick a lower rank tournament. I did this when I reached rank 7 and went to Rank 1 to complete gallery members.

Senidol
09-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Couple things, I don't speak Japanese, and I certainly can't read it. Japanese players typically don't use forums like this one, most of it is private communities or apps on phones. As for the last patch, they just made it so club data is saved, a lot of the patch was optimization on lobbies, and PI spray was improved by about 30%, but none PI is still the same. That is all the information everyone has, there are no patch notes.

VOLS34
09-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Pi spray wasn't improved. Just played a round, hit a full AW with about 45 degree sideslope (left to right). Didn't even play for it and hit an sbs pi that when 20 feet left. Hit the extreme bottom left of the gage under the ball youbsaid was meaningless. Wind was negligible and straight down.

Senidol
09-19-2017, 10:15 AM
It was changed from -10 0 10 to -7 0 7, SBS PI can no longer touch the outer edges of the 1W. Non PI spray is still the same. the control stat reduces the range, and distance increases it, so AW, PW etc at 15 control are something like -5 0 5 or -4 0 4, so the visual indicator will show a max spray left/right, but it isn't equal to a max spray of a 1W.

Looks something like this now:
TS = -2 0 2
SS= -4 0 4
NS= -4 0 4
BS = -7 0 7

purbeast
09-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Are you just making up these numbers or where are you getting them from?

VOLS34
09-19-2017, 11:12 AM

Lol who knows. So driver can't go to the maximum spray but wedges can....and go in the opposite direction of the lie.

Senidol
09-19-2017, 11:30 AM

The numbers above are just a visual representation of the meter below the club, not exact numbers at all. As to how I get my numbers? Pretty simple really they aren't "my" numbers alone, a patch goes live and someone notices that spray is behaving differently, about half a dozen people go immediately play test it for an hour or so, come up with a general census, then post it public for other people to test. There is pretty irrefutable evidence that the PI mechanics were improved/changed in the most recent patch, but spray still exists, and is still more pronounced then previous iterations of the series. Many of this groups "theories" from past games have already been confirmed by Clap Hanz in person as correct. Shot mechanics being one of them.

VOLS34
09-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Lol. Does Clap Hanz confirm that in game tutorials directly contradict the actual shot mechanics?

Senidol
09-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Lol. Does Clap Hanz confirm that in game tutorials directly contradict the actual shot mechanics?

Go ask a Japanese player what it says in Japanese. Translations are bad.

VOLS34
09-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Go ask a Japanese player what it says in Japanese. Translations are bad.

What are you taking about? Tutorials in the game talk about how shots are suppose to react on sidehill lies and how shots are suppose to react on late/early misses. Both are wrong.

Senidol
09-19-2017, 12:14 PM
What are you taking about? Tutorials in the game talk about how shots are suppose to react on sidehill lies and how shots are suppose to react on late/early misses. Both are wrong.

Late, early misses are referring to rabbits and turtles, its a bad translation from the original text. Blame the localization staff for that one, a lot of the translations are bad.

reeja19
09-27-2017, 03:23 PM
I agree that PI spray is much improved.

NYJets
09-29-2017, 11:17 AM
I agree that PI spray is much improved.

I doubt they patchd any aspect of it.

Just from leveling up those aspects over time, is improving the ball Control.

I'm still pissed about the BS aspect. I hit PI with BS, and my Control is horrible....yet if I hit PI without BS, it lands perfectly.

what does this mean, we have to max out BS....in order for Control to be accurate with BS ?

Stormchasergal
09-29-2017, 03:06 PM
It definitely was improved. Before it was the same as no pi with backspin but now it's much better with pi. My clubs were pretty much all leveled uo before the update too.