PDA

View Full Version : Best way to build loyalty? And question regarding online tourns.

USFman10
01-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Hello, what is the best (and fastest :)) way to build loyalty with characters once you've completed the challenge mode? I'm trying to max out all of my characters at the moment so I have more to my advantage when attempting to reach G1.

Also, what exactly do you get out of GF tournaments? I got the podium in one recently and it did nothing for my points to reach G1. So if they don't help you get to the next level then what does one get out of it?

(And on a sidenote, why must there be so many former G1/G0's in the G2 tournaments?! It makes it much more difficult to pod in these tournaments... :-\)

Thanks!

HoTHiTTeR
01-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Being as that I was just a G2 about 12hrs ago, and am now a G1, maybe I can shed some insight on your questions.

Why play GF? Just for competitive fun in between ranked matches. These still count towards your character loyalty building, but have no impact on your ranked standing.

Why are there so many former G1 and G0's in G2 or other tourneys? Simple! If these players that rank up, then do nothing in their new rank, they get demoted. It's not uncommon for a G2 to rank up into G1, get wrecked, and get demoted back to G2. Same for G1's ranking into G0, and getting demoted back into G1.

MasonR
01-04-2009, 03:37 AM
GF tournament with more than 10 people also count for the leaderboard scores. For G0 players this lets us get out of only playing Peaks/Crown/Oceania and still have an incentive to compete against each other.

The-Dreamcaster
01-04-2009, 06:59 AM
there is a loyalty cheat i have used to raise characters like toro, but it will only be very effective up to lvl 10-11.

Basically, you go to challenges, and play Anya with the character you want to raise. instead of playing to win, press select at your first shot then quit the first 3 holes.
you can get lvl 10 in about 45 minutes probably less, but it so dull. i only used to get s clubs for a tournament 14 minutes before it started, coz toro needs all the yards he can get.

Roughdawg4
01-04-2009, 07:22 AM
The best way to raise loyalty is beating a personal best score. Say you have a high score of -3 for highlands 9 Hole Out. If you shoot a -4 and break your record, you loyalty will get a big bonus of an increase. So keep breaking records to raise loyalty really fast.

Also, if you play the same course 3 times in a row, loyalty will build slower. So make sure to switch it out.

And the easiest way to build loyalty was something I figured out. If you have a turbo controller you can auto-fire the X button and it will keep re-challenging Anya. Not the fastest way, but the best part is you don't need to be there. You can go to sleep, wake up, and you just maxed out a character :)

yunatidus4ever
01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Being as that I was just a G2 about 12hrs ago, and am now a G1, maybe I can shed some insight on your questions.

Why play GF? Just for competitive fun in between ranked matches. These still count towards your character loyalty building, but have no impact on your ranked standing.

Why are there so many former G1 and G0's in G2 or other tourneys? Simple! If these players that rank up, then do nothing in their new rank, they get demoted. It's not uncommon for a G2 to rank up into G1, get wrecked, and get demoted back to G2. Same for G1's ranking into G0, and getting demoted back into G1.

Sorry hot, but that is NOT the case. Very rarely is it a case of demotion, it is usually multiple account makers, which unfortunately is about half of the regulars that play the game if not more. >:( Time for a new "sticky" topic I think!!!!

p1um5mu991er
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
i may have missed it in the thread but dream mentioned the easy loyalty trick in challenge mode vs. anya. the way i've always done it is to pick each of the ten "bosses" on each tier of the challenge mode and switch up the course where the match is played. instead of anya/crown, play her on oceania or something.

since i have two accounts (and since the game save for my second account was quite old) i've had to max out boatloads of characters twice. i believe it takes something like 3 1/2 entire "runs" through the 1-10 tiers to max out a brand new character like toro. i would set a new personal best for loyalty, but that doesn't work anymore like it did when i had something like, ya know, a +2 on oceania out and purposely break the record one stroke at a time.

i still think it takes FOREVER but there's no excuse to bring a character to a g0 that isn't maxed out. knife to gunfight.

Light_kraze
01-04-2009, 11:35 AM
playing GF tournaments and Online Games Boost up your Character's Loyalty more than Offline challenge and Stroke games. Especially wining Grade F and grade 1,2,3 tournaments. they boost Your Loyalty alot.
so try to play lots of tours and if u cant , play GF tournaments, And if theres none of both, join a game and beat em :) !
and if ur not happy with playing golf that much. then u can Do what roughdawg said =P !

Beannie27
01-04-2009, 12:17 PM
or if your scores are already the best they are going to get then wait for a new course to come out and don't play the course with your already maxed out char cuz then the new records posted will boost up that loyalty in a hurry
its how i got kratos to max so quickly by playing Oceania

Marrow_Farmer
01-05-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that harder courses give more points? I've been plodding around Crown 18H long tee with Toro for a few days and seem to get a fair wedge of loyalty even with a bad score!

clint_westwood
01-05-2009, 06:04 AM
when i got toro the cat i did not play anya on matchplay as its reg tee, go down about 5 places and its bloom then you can play him on crowns or oceania LONG TEE......i got up to 10 in about 20 mins , that was enough to take him online as soon after 10 it goes too slow even for me !!!

Roughdawg4
01-05-2009, 06:09 AM
or if your scores are already the best they are going to get then wait for a new course to come out and don't play the course with your already maxed out char cuz then the new records posted will boost up that loyalty in a hurry
its how i got kratos to max so quickly by playing Oceania

Yes this is what I did to max almost every character out. I shot a +25 on Ocenaia 9 Hole out. Then I beat it by one stroke each time, raise loyalty insanely fast. I remember people seeing me online and my PB for oceania was around a +13 :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
After you play the same course 3 times in a row, if you play it again loyalty growth will slow. So just play another course and then come back to oceania ( or whatever course you are doing this with).

the_smug_one
01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Hands down best way to max loyalty without wasting your time is to use the turbo controller trick. It's also key to remember to use the beginner club and ball so that your character's "skulled" shots won't end up in an unplayable lie (unplayables require you to manually re-aim the shot, so they put the brakes on this cheat until you return to your PS3).

The-Dreamcaster
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM

Sorry hot, but that is NOT the case. Very rarely is it a case of demotion, it is usually multiple account makers, which unfortunately is about half of the regulars that play the game if not more. >:( Time for a new "sticky" topic I think!!!!

that is complete bs yuna and you are going way over the top on this, obessing about the number of 2nd accounts out there, sure there is a few, but if what your saying is the case, surely nobody would ever get promoted?
I don't have turbo controller, but that sounds like it works.