PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite intermediate player?

nathyboy11
01-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Who is your best intermediate player?

mine has 2 be felipe using big M/inf and fernando a close 2nd using
bigM/pin H

ElectroFox
01-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Felipe will be 1st choice. a close 2nd is Sasha, mostly will choose her when special rules like std/std, +2's.

The-Dreamcaster
01-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Alex if its not raining, otherwise Felipe

KRONZZZ
01-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Alex for sure but Felipe a close second

Roughdawg4
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I like Felipe as wello

Dr_Amazak
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Alex is by far the most well rounded player. It's a shame I have to mute my TV when I play her. :-\

yunatidus4ever
01-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Alex if its not raining, otherwise Felipe

I second that!

p1um5mu991er
01-04-2009, 10:05 AM
USED to be felipe, but now, i just think he blows. alex frightens me a tad with the rain prob and all, but i've set new personal records with her like i would with an expert character. i wish i was one of those fern freaks, but his chipping is super lousy.

Light_kraze
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Fernando , Trustworthy. Better Spin.

And for some reason im ranked 1 on loyalty with Alex hehe =P !

MasonR
01-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Alex, the only thing about her that doesn't scream expert tier is her distance.

Rain tournament characters are either Fern or Bloom, depending on the course. Felipe and Sasha aren't that bad either. Overall, Intermediate tier has the most balanced set of players.

ChaoticCry
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Felipe for me here. Alex is a close second, but as others said, that rain issue hurts her. Who I use mostly will depend on the course.

I used to use Sasha alot, as she wasnt much different than Felipe.

I used to hate Bloom, but that was until I got the hang of using chars with natural curve.

I generally avoid Sonia and Fern.

Optimus_Prime
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I chose Alex, but only with no rain.

No rain: Alex
Rain, Crown: Fernando
Rain, other courses: Felipe

Might use Fernando on Peaks in certain circumstances, but often have to chip and he's terrible at it. Could use Felipe on Crown in some circumstances if you feel like you'll have to chip often (maybe rain, long tee, std/std).

I used to play with Sasha (my favorite character, in terms of personality and animation), but Felipe's the same with more distance. The -rough isn't a big deal for him if you use Grass Cutter or are careful.

dimskill
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Alex...until it rains. Like the BigM/Inf set up for that extra whack.

Just discovered that Bloom is useful on Peaks, Crown and Oceania with his legendary bendiness, having just stuffed my previous pb on Oceania by 4. Just have to get by on B control... (Std/Std)

cartman1337
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I used to hate Felipe, but now he's the first choice by a mile and a half! Alex is pretty good, of course, but I don't like how she sounds, and that some times puts me off, so regardless of weather, if it's free choice it's Felipe. Also, if I feel like varying I'd actually take Sasha or Bloom just as easily as Alex. I even tend to do pretty well with Sonia most of the time. The only one I'll avoid like the plague is Fernando; not only is his approach terrible, I tend to screw up with him in all sorts of ways nowadays...

Reezellthia
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Fernando, but recently been playing as Bloom, just for bragging rights if I do manage to win a tourney with him cause no one else seems to use him. I've never liked felipe cause of that C spin stat he has. Ugh.

yasdad
01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Sasha by a long way - not for an golfing reasons - I'm just a sick pervert really :D

But she does actually holds my PB on Safari with std std, which was (I think) done in a tournament that took me from G3 to G2, so some good golfing memories too :)

Marrow_Farmer
01-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Alex unless it's raining, then I usually go with Felipe! Alex is still my 18H long tee record holder at Oceania ;D

clint_westwood
01-05-2009, 05:37 AM
alex by a country mile

the_smug_one
01-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Alex would be my choice as well (although on a dry crown I might still go with Fern), but I'm not so sure her other attributes are quite expert tier (or at least, they aren't Kate/Anya/Gloria-level tier). Most of the non-terrible experts seem to sport "S" and "A" ratings across the oh-so-clutch control and spin categories, whereas Alex is only "B" and "B+" in these categories, respectively.

rowdybusch
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Felipe is my favourite followed by Alex like many of you.

K-X
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Again, skill and usefulness I'd rank them as Alex > Fernando > Felipe > Bloom > Sonia > Sasha
Favourite to use would be Sonia.

MasonR
01-05-2009, 03:10 PM

Alex would be my choice as well (although on a dry crown I might still go with Fern), but I'm not so sure her other attributes are quite expert tier (or at least, they aren't Kate/Anya/Gloria-level tier). Most of the non-terrible experts seem to sport "S" and "A" ratings across the oh-so-clutch control and spin categories, whereas Alex is only "B" and "B+" in these categories, respectively.

Well yeah I should've clarified that I was referring to her Inf setup. A- and S (+?) in control and spin are something I'd consider expert tier. Yeah, standard/standard she's no prize pig (although I'd rank her above the other Ints without gear). Getting a non-expert character with an A/S spin/control rating with enough distance to get around any course with no glaring drawbacks aside from rain weakness puts her in a tier above the other Ints, and probably on par with a Standard/Standard expert character

But I will refer to my earlier statement, Intermediate seems to be the most balanced grouping of characters.

the_smug_one
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Agree that Alex with clubs (I think inf / inf puts her at A+ and S-) has got game, but in the same vein I think Fernando can pretty much hang. Only drawback to Fern would be his obvious approach weakness and his less fluid swing timing - aside from that, however, they are <b>very</b> similar characters.

MasonR
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh Agreed, the only two spinners in Int tier, they play very much the same. They can actually get the ball airborn, when the rest of the Int group is playing that knuckle ball type shot, even with sbs. Stay away from long chips with Fern and manage his fade and you'll see similar results. He's got a better swing timing than Alex, imo (he's like Kraptos kinda with his timing) and I've definitely used him as her replacement plenty of times. He is high maintenance though, can't really slack off when using him.

the_smug_one
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm actually a bit confused as to why the bulk of intermediate characters are such spinless wonders. It seems odd to me that two novice characters (Suz and Toro) pack <b>much</b> more spin than 4 / 6 of that class.

MasonR
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Want to hear something really weird?

Jasmine, Sophie, Bjorn, Sasha, Felipe, Sonia and Bloom all have the same spin stats (C--).

(Nick has half a grade lower than them).

Zahovich
01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Definitely Felipe, if its not rain Alex then.

cars123456789
01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
alex for me just so i can see her a$$ lol because of her high ball and spin for me plus getting pi with her is gd most games in the good 55 to 65% or better

ClayBoy31991
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I tried getting used to Alex, but I couldn't do it. :(

It's either Felipe or Sasha for me.

rocker12
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
fernando. then bloom's next on my list.

spin is a big issue to me. thats why i try have it b+